OFFICIAL COACHING SEARCH THREAD (7/26: Byron Scott Officially Hired, 4 Years 17 Million)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL COACHING SEARCH THREAD (7/26: Byron Scott Officially Hired, 4 Years 17 Million)

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 7m
A candidate Lakers management and Kobe Bryant share a fondness: Euro legend Ettore Messina. He impressed as assistant under Mike Brown.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Possible there won't be a superstar coach available to Lakers, but there's a hometown kid on fast-track to become one: UConn's Kevin Ollie.

Quote:
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 4m
#Lakers well aware of Byron Scott's strong interest in being next coach, source says, and without question on radar as potential candidate.

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 16m
Lakers probably won't have new coach before May 20 lottery. Will likely hire high-salaried big-name NBA guy or NBA assistant with upside.

Quote:
RealGM ‏@RealGM 39m
RT @BenHigginsSD: SOURCE: @SteveKerrTNT would be interested in speaking to the Lakers about their now vacant head coaching position.

Quote:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 30m
Former NBA coach Stan Van Gundy is not expected to pursue the Lakers coach opening, a source said.

Last edited by The_Dynasty24 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Fizdale from the Heat?
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Dynasty24
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

i like this thread because id like to get more familiar with each coaches coaching style.

George Karl im specifically intrigued. - didnt get to watch too much of Denver over the years. can Karl only coach high tempo offense? and how is his defense?
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject:

And to think that Yinoma's keystrokes provided the name Ollie on this message board. Which led to a Pincus article. Which led to a Woj tweet. Which led to a Kevin Ollie hire.

#butterflyeffect
#lakersgroundeffect

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject:

What pisses me off is if freaking Jim had fired him we could have kept dwight going back when they fired Mike brown had they hired phil they could have kept dwight. Whether you guys think Dwight was a cancer or sucked on O he was solid on defense.

Byron Scott is the most logical coaching choice.
Brings a sense of calmness and a familiar face to the franchise that has experience and will get players respect.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I think it will be Byron too
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
And to think that Yinoma's keystrokes provided the name Ollie on this message board. Which led to a Pincus article. Which led to a Woj tweet. Which led to a Kevin Ollie hire.

#butterflyeffect
#lakersgroundeffect

Which leads to a Kevin Durant signing which leads to a dynasty.
sandeezy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Why is there all this talk about Steve Kerr coaching teams, does he have any coaching experience or is he looking for a head coaching job as his first coaching job? I just know that I can't stand listening to that guy's commentary.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Thanks Dynasty24

ahaider wrote:

#butterflyeffect
#lakersgroundeffect

Yup major props to Yinoma for that.

Last edited by The_Dynasty24 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject:

WTF? Ron Jeremy wants no part of L.A.? Master of Panic wouldn't last in the big city.
CrackerJax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject:

1 Popovitch - spurs our about to choke again and he we'll probably be fired and i herd rumors he was always facinated by the lakers plus who wouldn't want to coach the LAKERS
2 Mike Woodson - winning track record to took over for Coach Mike in NCY and took a team Coach Mike was losing with and turned them into winners in the SAME SEASON
3 Vinny Del Niger - winning track record if ARE CITY (LA) and it would make the Clipper fans really mad to see him win with are team (Lakers real owners of Staples GO WARRIORS)
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

At this point Kevin Ollie doesnt have the experience to be a head coach yet. Its a risk like hiring mike brown was.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Ettore Messina, Quinn Snyder, i dont know. If i was in charge i would just steal Buddenholzer from the Hawks, but i dont think that's possible. Maybe sign the shooting coach Engelland, maybe Ollie or some talented college coach
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject:

hisairness#8 wrote:
What pisses me off is if freaking Jim had fired him we could have kept dwight going back when they fired Mike brown had they hired phil they could have kept dwight. Whether you guys think Dwight was a cancer or sucked on O he was solid on defense.

Byron Scott is the most logical coaching choice.
Brings a sense of calmness and a familiar face to the franchise that has experience and will get players respect.
No, Dwight never wanted to be here, he was sick of all the little digs that Shaq would throws at him. He knows he would be compared to Shaq as the next big name center of the Lakers and he doesn't want that kind of pressure. Not to mention that he really hates playing with Kobe.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Only candidates to be considered must be named Mike.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

CrackerJax wrote:
1 Popovitch - spurs our about to choke again and he we'll probably be fired and i herd rumors he was always facinated by the lakers plus who wouldn't want to coach the LAKERS
2 Mike Woodson - winning track record to took over for Coach Mike in NCY and took a team Coach Mike was losing with and turned them into winners in the SAME SEASON
3 Vinny Del Niger - winning track record if ARE CITY (LA) and it would make the Clipper fans really mad to see him win with are team (Lakers real owners of Staples GO WARRIORS)

Lmao Pop would NEVER EVER EVER get fired. Best coach in the NBA right now arguably, that's insane to even suggest.

I'm not sure what's funnier though, the idea of Pop getting fired or the Lakers hiring those two other coaches you suggested
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

hisairness#8 wrote:
At this point Kevin Ollie doesnt have the experience to be a head coach yet. Its a risk like hiring mike brown was.

Hire B.Scott to be an assistant
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm done with suggesting coaches. I thought Mike Brown was a great hire, failed miserably. I also thought D'Antoni was a great hire because of Nash and failed miserably again.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

CrackerJax wrote:

4 Kobe - player/coach immidiate respect from everyone he knows basketball better than any person on the planet (yes better than Phil) is a basketball genious and would be the first ever HOF to be player/coach
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CrackerJax wrote:
WTH, is this you Donald? I say lifetime ban from LG.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Ollie please. So tired of retread coaches.
hisairness#8
Star Player
Star Player

Mini Mamba wrote:
hisairness#8 wrote:

Hire B.Scott to be an assistant

Or the other way around lol
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheElectronica wrote:
ahaider wrote:

#butterflyeffect
#lakersgroundeffect

Which leads to a Kevin Durant signing which leads to a dynasty.

CrackerJax wrote:

- Pops would never get fired.

- No to Woodson. No more Mikes please. Unless it's the one from Duke.

- And I'd suggest to spell Del Negro's name correctly.

Kiss my Converse.
MagicBryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

CrackerJax wrote:

Gotta be trolling.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 1 of 301
Jump to: