OFFICIAL COACHING SEARCH THREAD (7/26: Byron Scott Officially Hired, 4 Years 17 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 269, 270, 271 ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
LeroyJenkins wrote:
Has anyone mentioned the fact that we may be waiting to see how the Doc/Clippers thing plays out? If Sterling thing is unresolved and Doc wants out is it as simple as moving next door to Lakers if he wants to stay in LA?

Forget doc not a big fan of his. I'm gonna throw out a name I haven't seen mentioned. Ime Udoka, been under popovich for a couple years and would really love to incorporate the spurs system with our team.

this is not treasure hunting, Ime Udoka?????? you think Kobe would give a damn about what he says?

I don't think it matters what Kobe thinks we have 13 players on the team we need a system and a coach in place that maximize the talent of everyone I. Our team not just kobe

I'd love to have Doc. Although this is highly unlikely, It is interesting how everything is playing out.
Azarian
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should only be looking for young, upcoming coaches to develop

Knicks, Celtics, Warriors, and even Cavs all have the right idea (these are teams off the top of my head.)
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

One option is hiring Mark on an interim basis till someone else becomes available.

Backs away slowly. Fearing fan reaction.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
One option is hiring Mark on an interim basis till someone else becomes available.

Haha I wouldn't mind that to be honest. Even crazier what if we just got mark madsen not worrying about who else will be available. I think he can be a good coach and somewhat knows modern NBA.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11249652/los-angeles-clippers-ceo-says-doc-rivers-desires-exit-donald-sterling-stays

Sterling is gonna hang on to the clips by any means necessary for as long as possible. Moving can be a pain so.... Doc Rivers come on down! Spin the lakers head coaching wheel!
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject:

I am going to be the first one to say I am not a fan of doc rivers. He tries to control the team to much not letting players play free. He constantly has to call the plays instead of letting the offense flow. He was in a lucky situation with Boston and that's why people consider him a great coach. I would pass it's all about that youth movement up and down basketball
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

Haha I wouldn't mind that to be honest. Even crazier what if we just got mark madsen not worrying about who else will be available. I think he can be a good coach and somewhat knows modern NBA.

Might as well hire him.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11249652/los-angeles-clippers-ceo-says-doc-rivers-desires-exit-donald-sterling-stays

Sterling is gonna hang on to the clips by any means necessary for as long as possible. Moving can be a pain so.... Doc Rivers come on down! Spin the lakers head coaching wheel!

how gullible you are, you actually believe that BS? how convenient for Doc came out today with this statement, knowing Sterling now has to sell to pay for his debt, and the trial against his ex-wife is basically a foregone conclusion favoring her, also Sterling just had a friendly meeting with Ballmer last night. way to go on the limb Doc Rivers, where was Doc about a month ago when Donald Sterling declared to the world he'd fight to the bitter end.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:

That is what I think/want them to do!! They might be surprised how well he does and keep him!!
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to believe this Mad Dog idea. I will feel really bad for Byron if this is true. 3 interviews and you lose out to Mad Dog? Ouch.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Huge win if we can get Rivers.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
LeroyJenkins wrote:
Has anyone mentioned the fact that we may be waiting to see how the Doc/Clippers thing plays out? If Sterling thing is unresolved and Doc wants out is it as simple as moving next door to Lakers if he wants to stay in LA?

Forget doc not a big fan of his. I'm gonna throw out a name I haven't seen mentioned. Ime Udoka, been under popovich for a couple years and would really love to incorporate the spurs system with our team.

this is not treasure hunting, Ime Udoka?????? you think Kobe would give a damn about what he says?

I don't think it matters what Kobe thinks we have 13 players on the team we need a system and a coach in place that maximize the talent of everyone I. Our team not just kobe

It most certainly matters what Kobe thinks. The system needs to be tailored around him. You don't not run a system that is tailored around your best player. That doesn't make sense. Kobe's here for the next 2 years, it needs to be a post centered offense.
west
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if this might be a reason for the long wait. With Doc might come CP3. Jordan? Blake? If Sterling drags this out in the courts for another month, Balmer goes away and players start to walk. Easiest place to walk? Across the hall.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

It would have seemed unthinkable to even mention Doc Rivers two or three years ago, but he would be a great hire for the Lakers.

Mark Jackson would also be fine with me.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

Are Jimbo and/or Mitch giving up their jobs? That's the only way he would come. Rivers wants talent and power. He doesn't love L.A. that much. His family still lives in Florida.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject:

west wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if this might be a reason for the long wait. With Doc might come CP3. Jordan? Blake? If Sterling drags this out in the courts for another month, Balmer goes away and players start to walk. Easiest place to walk? Across the hall.

They may want to walk, but they are under contract with the Clippers.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Doc Rivers please
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised at this point, Madsen could probably do a 2-year $3.6million dollar deal with team option after year one. They'll have some flexibility since this team appears to be a motley crew designed to get to the next free agency period. Mad Dog's a fave off the court so I am biased here and would root for him to go for it even though he will probably be put through the wringer.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I think we haven't hired a coach because we want someone who is already under contact either in college or the NBA.

No other teams have openings so Scott will always be an option to fall back on.

I'd trade our 1st round pick pick we got from Houston for Rivers.
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Why would Doc Rivers come here? I am not saying he wouldn't but why? And when is the cut off? What if the NBA finds out it will take another year for Sterling case to finish? Would he resign in October or something?
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
I think Scott is pushing too much and they are unwilling to give, especially after the last 2 coaching situations blew up in their faces. Look for Dunleavy to get the gig or maybe Mark Jackson but the way they seem to be enamoured with Dunleavy I wouldn't be surprised if he got it.

I'm a bit the same. Although BScott is coming in for all these interviews and supposedly being involved in personnel discussions, who knows if the new Mike D (Dunleavy) isn't waiting in the wings to pounce?
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Madsen must also still be a chance?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I think we can do fine without that scumbag Rivers. He quits on any team where the situation doesn't favor him.

I hope Sterling drags this along and let's see if Rivers does the "noble" thing. Hope Sterling then sues Rivers for breach of contract. Clippers in turmoil. Like the good old days.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
Madsen must also still be a chance?

I hope not.
Our team isn't a dang practice squad to test out how Mark will do as a coach.

I don't understand this love for him as a coach.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
kikanga wrote:

how gullible you are, you actually believe that BS? how convenient for Doc came out today with this statement, knowing Sterling now has to sell to pay for his debt, and the trial against his ex-wife is basically a foregone conclusion favoring her, also Sterling just had a friendly meeting with Ballmer last night. way to go on the limb Doc Rivers, where was Doc about a month ago when Donald Sterling declared to the world he'd fight to the bitter end.

Debt?

Debt is not an issue. Dementia may be, though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 269, 270, 271 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 270 of 301
Jump to: