OFFICIAL COACHING SEARCH THREAD (7/26: Byron Scott Officially Hired, 4 Years 17 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 271, 272, 273 ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

If they want to, cant they take a class action complaint against the owner or something?
Cant lawyers find a loophole into the contract they signed?
Maybe this can be considered a breech of ethics on the owner or something.

If we cant have Karl, it would be a total steal if we get Doc (sounds like pipe dream though...)

But i don't really think anybody's gonna be walking out of clippers, they're already a competitive team, would Doc really allow such a thing? It would take years, and a lot of rebuilding later on, until he can take another team in the playoffs (since most competitive teams already have a coach, & he would need to go to a rebuilding one)

And these players would have to find another team that may not be as strong as they have been. It wont be easy for them to let go.

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
One option is hiring Mark on an interim basis till someone else becomes available.

Backs away slowly. Fearing fan reaction.

at this point who cares? with the signings they did its 1 more throw away season anyways

I don't agree at all. I'm excited to watch this season...I say many will be surprised.

I agreed with my girl.

I think we can surprise some people especially if we hire the right coach.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakerholicz.com @Lakerholicz ยท 2h

Byron Scott on Jeremy Lin: "[He] pushes the ball up the floor as well as anybody in the league" http://ow.ly/ztAQX
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject:

You will wish MA to return by mid season if they pick that crap of a coach B Scott...
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
One option is hiring Mark on an interim basis till someone else becomes available.

Backs away slowly. Fearing fan reaction.

at this point who cares? with the signings they did its 1 more throw away season anyways

I don't agree at all. I'm excited to watch this season...I say many will be surprised.

I agreed with my girl.

I think we can surprise some people especially if we hire the right coach.

This is exactly the type of squad a good coach can make better. Anyone who thinks a coach won't make a difference with this team doesn't know much about sports.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject:

I could care less about the Clippers, and that includes Doc who I like, but he proved last season he was not much better than Del Negro.

The coach is important for sure, but the Clippers proved that if your Super Star is not Super you are going nowhere.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject:

ginia1110 wrote:
If they want to, cant they take a class action complaint against the owner or something?
Cant lawyers find a loophole into the contract they signed?
Maybe this can be considered a breech of ethics on the owner or something.

If we cant have Karl, it would be a total steal if we get Doc (sounds like pipe dream though...)

But i don't really think anybody's gonna be walking out of clippers, they're already a competitive team, would Doc really allow such a thing? It would take years, and a lot of rebuilding later on, until he can take another team in the playoffs (since most competitive teams already have a coach, & he would need to go to a rebuilding one)

And these players would have to find another team that may not be as strong as they have been. It wont be easy for them to let go.

Since day one I have wondered if the Players Union could push the "hostile workplace" issue.

As for Rivers. He is under contract too. Clippers would have to agree to him leaving and releasing him from his contract. I do not think he can just quit then walk over to the Lakers (or any team) as a "free agent".

Not a huge fan of Rivers. Would not complain if he was hired by the Lakers. But they had better not use a draft pick to get him.

Going to be interesting to see how the League handles this as the litigation will take months or even years to sort out. The Sept deadline is a joke.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject:

No thanks to doc rivers. Not a fan of his personality. He argues every single call the refs make. He seems to have to call a majority of plays for his team instead of letting them play within flow of the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
No thanks to doc rivers. Not a fan of his personality. He argues every single call the refs make. He seems to have to call a majority of plays for his team instead of letting them play within flow of the game.

The Clips have completely adopted his P&M attitude with refs, which IMO was a poisonous thing since CP3 already did it too. Deflects too much away from actually improving as a team and not just blaming everything on the refs.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

The Clips have completely adopted his P&M attitude with refs, which IMO was a poisonous thing since CP3 already did it too. Deflects too much away from actually improving as a team and not just blaming everything on the refs.

Haha yeah I remember one playoff game last year where the clips lost on a bad call by the ref and doc just didn't shut up in the press conference. He's not the kind of personality you want around developing young players.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

Doc may not be a good idea... as soon as he finds the stash of cash he hid inside the visiting team's locker room some few years ago, I bet he'd be gone in an instant.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

I still find it hilarious that we have a Dantoni-centric team but no Dantoni to coach them. Jeremy Lin would be great in this offense, might look like prime Steve Nash. We have centers that you don't have to run a play for and PFs who can run the pick n roll.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
I still find it hilarious that we have a Dantoni-centric team but no Dantoni to coach them. Jeremy Lin would be great in this offense, might look like prime Steve Nash. We have centers that you don't have to run a play for and PFs who can run the pick n roll.

It's not surprising to me that the team is constructed this way. Mitch was quoted after the season as saying " given the circumstance he didn't think any coach could have done a better job". He also supported dantonis philosophy on the modern nba where it's more about 3 pointers and layups instead of post up game. I think management wants the team to still play up and down style. To me this is why they still haven't hired a coach maybe they don't believe or support the system Scott wants to run. It's unfortunate dantoni got hate from all laker fans IMO this put a lot of pressure on front office to let him go. IMO he did a great job getting the most out of his players, it never looked like the team quit on him and that's all you can ask for with a depleted roster.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:

I don't think it's about PnR. Almost any team can run PnR. The main thing you need in a D'antoni system are guys who can hit 3s. We do NOT have spot up 3 point shooters.

This team is NOT a D'antoni-centric team IMO. And I don't see why people think it is because we have JLin.

Sure the PnR is nice. But a PnR with shooters at the corners is DANGEROUS. And Kobe, Young, Wes, Henry are not stand still corner 3 point shooters. My hope is that Wes and Henry would practice that corner 3 for hours a day.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

I haven't kept up with this thread. Is there anything new? Why do we not have a coach yet?
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Doc may not be a good idea... as soon as he finds the stash of cash he hid inside the visiting team's locker room some few years ago, I bet he'd be gone in an instant.

Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

The perception for me (not saying it's reality) is that Jim Buss and/or the rest of the FO might suffer from the same mentality of extremes that Dantoni seemed to have.

Dantoni Before: Stubbornly stuck to the same starting line up to play small ball.

Dantoni After Negative Reaction: Make an equally stubborn attempt to try EVERY possible starting lineup (sure injuries played a part, but still).

Lakers FO/Jim Buss Before: Make quick rash decisions to change head coaches.

Lakers FO/Jim Buss After Negative Reaction: Go in the EXTREME opposite direction to make sure we all know he has learned his lesson.

Also, Lakers seemed to have went from not letting any one player dictate how they do business to seemingly letting potential star free agents dictate the coach and system the Lakers will run.

Just my perception. Hope to have it proved wrong when they reveal the coach and their reasoning behind the delayed selection.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

per Colin Cowherd show: Bill Simmons mentioned something that if Sterling is still owner Doc Rivers would want to leave the Clippers. Simmons said this maybe the reason why Lakers are without a coach, waiting for Doc Rivers? Jalen Rose also tweeted this also.

I just thought to bring this up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
west wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Huge win if we can get Rivers.

I'm beginning to wonder if this might be a reason for the long wait. With Doc might come CP3. Jordan? Blake? If Sterling drags this out in the courts for another month, Balmer goes away and players start to walk. Easiest place to walk? Across the hall.

The players under contract can't walk.

Unless there is mutual agreement to cancel the contract. Who's in charge of Clippers operations? Ans. Parsons and Rivers

Well, there is the CBA too. And that is what is in charge.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
per Colin Cowherd show: Bill Simmons mentioned something that if Sterling is still owner Doc Rivers would want to leave the Clippers. Simmons said this maybe the reason why Lakers are without a coach, waiting for Doc Rivers? Jalen Rose also tweeted this also.

I just thought to bring this up.

If we get Doc Rivers, I will go on a privately recorded racist rant!!!
I hate Rivers!!!

I said it before, and I'll say it again. This clown jumps ship whenever things aren't going well. He won one ring because he got lucky the Lakers had Bynum and Ariza injured. And he thinks he's the next Phil Jackson? Please. Stay in Clipperdom and work out your contract GLENN!
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject:

Not sure why Rivers would go from a talented Clippers squad to a rebuilding Lakers.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Haha yeah I remember one playoff game last year where the clips lost on a bad call by the ref and doc just didn't shut up in the press conference. He's not the kind of personality you want around developing young players.

Lakers don't plan on developing young talent other than Randle, and even then he looks NBA ready already.

You hire Doc so when the next big FA class comes around, you have someone the players want to play for.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Not sure why Rivers would go from a talented Clippers squad to a rebuilding Lakers.

Something about him not being able to work for a man who said certain things on a private recording. You know. He has to take the "moral" ground. Is it wrong that I'm rooting for Sterling and wanting to see if Glenn Rivers will actually quit? That would be awesome.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:

He wouldn't. The only slight chance he would come is if he had total control of personnel and basketball operations like he has with the Clippers. We know that will never happen.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Lakers don't plan on developing young talent other than Randle, and even then he looks NBA ready already.

You hire Doc so when the next big FA class comes around, you have someone the players want to play for.

You are assuming players want to play for doc rivers. I don't know if that is necessarily true. Why wouldn't the lakers want to develop young players? They are not winning a championship anytime soon it's important to keep guys like randle, Kelly, Henry , lin. Either they love up to potential and become good players on a championship team or thy become great assests to include in trades.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 271, 272, 273 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 272 of 301
Jump to: