24 Live Another Day 5/5/14
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: 24 Live Another Day 5/5/14

Jack is back!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) it started at 8? dammit
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Spoiler Alert (and you should add that to the title of the thread for good measure)

That was pretty good, though I was underwhelmed by the "twist" at the end of the second hour. Seriously, if you are a bona fide, hardcore 24 fan, you saw that one coming from the first moment that the chick appeared on the screen. Don't these people have Netflix? If you're some nerd who invents the Secret Doom Weapon, you can be sure that the smoking hot bimbo who is crawling all over you is just waiting to whack you and steal the SDW. Duh!

Anyone want to bet that Audrey turns out to be in league with the villains? Yes, it's improbable, but it would be soooo 24. Having Jack pop Audrey (ala Katee Sackhoff) would just be classic. And what was that comment about Audrey having Jack's baby? Did I hear that right?

I loved the 24-style rapid recovery. Chloe gets tortured, gets a cardiac injection, wobbles around for a bit, then gets it together and is her old self again. She's hacking into private security systems and hot wiring cars. Man, I've missed stuff like that. We've had Jack zoom across freaking London in the middle of the day without running into any serious traffic. Now we just need Jack to hack into the drone guidance systems using his cell phone. Happy days are here again.

It was spectacular stuff. We even had Stephen Fry as the British Prime Minister. However, I have to say that Benjamin Bratt threw me off. I could have sworn that he played on 24 before. He just seems like an actor who was born to play on 24. I kept waiting for him to wink at Jack and say, "Haha, people forget that I used to be in CTU! Let's go kick some terrorist butt, boss." Guess it was someone else.

I liked the Kate Morgan character, but if the rumors are true that she is being groomed as Jack's replacement, I just don't see it. There is only one Jack. Besides, Renee Walker was hotter.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Dang I missed it, but it is being re-run on Friday (5-9-14)
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

They haven't changed the formula for this show one bit.

There's always some arrogant intelligence bureaucrat (this time it's Benjamin Bratt) that fails to heed the warning of a subordinate whose figured out the plot.

Chloe is walking around with that same expression on her face like someone who cut the cheese and is looking around the room to see if anyone realized it was them.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

There's always some arrogant intelligence bureaucrat (this time it's Benjamin Bratt) that fails to heed the warning of a subordinate whose figured out the plot.

Chloe is walking around with that same expression on her face like someone who cut the cheese and is looking around the room to see if anyone realized it was them.

and that's why we all still love it!!!
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Don't forget, yet another 25th Amendment conspiracy brewing among the President's men.
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
We've had Jack zoom across freaking London in the middle of the day without running into any serious traffic.

I used to live near London. Still exaggerated, but not as ridiculous as the traffic-free highways in 24's version of Los Angeles.

I hope the new femme fatale lives up to Mandy. After she was apprehended in Season 4, she kind of vanished. Maybe in the same place where Behrooz has been hiding

I love this show, glad it's back.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
I hope the new femme fatale lives up to Mandy. After she was apprehended in Season 4, she kind of vanished. Maybe in the same place where Behrooz has been hiding

Nina remains the gold standard in my book.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"24" occupies a weird pop-culture niche in that it's a highly formulaic show with a format that was once seen as radical, and it's a popcorn action-thriller that aspires to (and sometimes does) provide a snapshot of our geo-political anxieties. It's like one of those chain restaurants that apes the look and the feel of a mom and pop diner even as it hews to a set of very specific instructions from corporate. But damn it, Chloe, the meal goes down so well that you forgive the pretensions of depth and originality.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05/24-review_n_5267392.html
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject:

That scene with the Major getting blown up by the drone was freakin' hilarious. After being told he was being targeted and to take cover, he stands there for a minute going, "Huh", "What are you talking about?".
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

trying to piece together where I've seen all these new characters this season :

Tate Donavon-Joshua from Friends
Michelle Fairley-Catelyn Stark from GOT
Yvonne Strahovski-Hannah McKay from Dexter
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
That scene with the Major getting blown up by the drone was freakin' hilarious. After being told he was being targeted and to take cover, he stands there for a minute going, "Huh", "What are you talking about?".

I was thinking the same thing
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject:

I binge watched 24 on Netflix. At a certain point...it got horribly painful to watch.

By Season 8, it was "wtf is this (bleep)?"

I like Yvonne Strahovski though...see's a good reason to watch.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject:

Hannah Mckay taking down that security guard was pretty ridiculous.

but other than that..I love this show. glad its back
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Don't forget, yet another 25th Amendment conspiracy brewing among the President's men.
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
We've had Jack zoom across freaking London in the middle of the day without running into any serious traffic.

I used to live near London. Still exaggerated, but not as ridiculous as the traffic-free highways in 24's version of Los Angeles.

from the preview it looks like Jack and Audrey have some kind of redemption. I'm hoping her husband turns out to be a traitor or something; not liking the dude already lol. Jack needs a woman OTHER than Chloe in his life. BTW, i couldnt watch 24 for a few years...how exactly did Audrey go bat (bleep) crazy and then come back okay?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Had huge expectations ... a bit let down but I hold the Power Hour to a different level.

Just happy to have Jack back in action and Chloe w/her backhanded comments hahaha

Man Kim Raver did not age well. Really like Yvonne from Chuck hahaha
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Had huge expectations ... a bit let down but I hold the Power Hour to a different level.

Just happy to have Jack back in action and Chloe w/her backhanded comments hahaha

Man Kim Raver did not age well. Really like Yvonne from Chuck hahaha

Yeah, she was always thin but she looks almost emaciated now. Kiefer hasn't aged that well either. In that closing shot where they trapped him on the beach and he looked up at the camera I thought it was Jack Nicholson.

What's weird is they both looked better later on in the show, almost like they adjusted the lights to hide all their wrinkles.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
PrairieAve wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

from the preview it looks like Jack and Audrey have some kind of redemption. I'm hoping her husband turns out to be a traitor or something; not liking the dude already lol. Jack needs a woman OTHER than Chloe in his life. BTW, i couldnt watch 24 for a few years...how exactly did Audrey go bat (bleep) crazy and then come back okay?

I'm guessing that the whole season will be a slow torturous tune of "workin my way back to you babe" for Jack and Audrey. Chloe is there for crack l33t hax0r support along the way...and at some point Miranda is going to get exposed as a mole and have to be executed by Jack (like he did Starbuck in S8).
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
cisternachyli wrote:
PrairieAve wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I'm guessing that the whole season will be a slow torturous tune of "workin my way back to you babe" for Jack and Audrey. Chloe is there for crack l33t hax0r support along the way...and at some point Miranda is going to get exposed as a mole and have to be executed by Jack (like he did Starbuck in S8).

Fortunately, it's only 12 episodes so they'll have to speed things up considerably.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject:

spideysense wrote:
trying to piece together where I've seen all these new characters this season :

Tate Donavon-Joshua from Friends
Michelle Fairley-Catelyn Stark from GOT
Yvonne Strahovski-Hannah McKay from Dexter

Joshua!!!! Thank you! I was watching 24 yesterday and every time Mark came on screen, my head kept screaming "Who IS this guy and why does he look so familiar?!".

I really liked the premiere last night. It's classic 24. Just like you guys mentioned with Chloe and her superhuman recovery powers, I was reminded of 24 when the bad guy conveniently said what time he would deliver the device, which is going to take place during the next episode.

Or when Jack was going to storm Yate's building with Chloe running comm. Chloe said, "It'll take a few minutes to set up." and then they go straight to commercial to eat up those few minutes.

And of course, I absolutely love Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck. She was so damn hot as Sarah Walker.

All in all, I'm really glad 24 is back. And I hope there is more seasons to come in the future. Everything about it is great, even if it gets ridiculous at times.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And of course, I absolutely love Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck. She was so damn hot as Sarah Walker.

She was great in Chuck, but I always think of her as Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect 2/3 first.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Quote:

She was great in Chuck, but I always think of her as Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect 2/3 first.

I'm so glad they fixed her buck teeth in part three.

!...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:
All in all, I'm really glad 24 is back. And I hope there is more seasons to come in the future. Everything about it is great, even if it gets ridiculous at times.

I think they'll wrap it up this time. Jack shoots Audrey, or Audrey shoots Jack, or Chloe takes them both out with a drone to save the world. (Of course, this assumes that a mere drone could take out Jack Bauer.)
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

I love 24. Good to see it's back and in all it's former glory.

It's even got all of the same old tropes going:

- Crippled President
- Evil Chief of Staff
- CIA/CTU/FBI goes after Jack instead of real terrorists
- Characters still say random non-sensical tech mumbo jumbo during hacking scenes
- Formerly good characters turn pseudo evil for being wronged in the past (Tony, Chloe)

I can't dissociate Yvonne from Hannah friggen Mckay. Should have dyed her hair black for ME2/3 fans.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Quote:

I'm so glad they fixed her buck teeth in part three.

You were looking at the teeth?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: