Trailer for The Flash TV Show
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Trailer for The Flash TV Show

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/15/full-trailer-trailers-for-and-first-reaction-to-for-the-flash-izombie-the-messengers-and-jane-the-virgin?abthid=537500a80433c1c75300002e

Looks pretty good. Arrow has been very good on the CW, and it looks like they absolutely are in the same universe.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Trailer for The Flash TV Show

mhan00 wrote:

Looks pretty good. Arrow has been very good on the CW, and it looks like they absolutely are in the same universe.

It does, but I'm still leery about the casting choice. I understand it's for the CW demographic but the kid looks like he's 17.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

bleh
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Trailer for The Flash TV Show

numero-ocho wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

It does, but I'm still leery about the casting choice. I understand it's for the CW demographic but the kid looks like he's 17.
He did pretty good when he was on Arrow. I dont see anything wrong with the casting choice.

They have done a hell of a job with Arrow, im sure they will do fine with this show. CW has some pretty decent shows now days.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Couldn't get that link to work but I used this one: LINK

It looks pretty good but nowhere near as good as Arrow, IMO. Are they gonna start every episode the way Arrow does only swap names? "My name is Barry Allen and for nine months, I was in a coma...."
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

It looks pretty good but nowhere near as good as Arrow, IMO. Are they gonna start every episode the way Arrow does only swap names? "My name is Barry Allen and for nine months, I was in a coma...."

A lot of CW shows start that way. It's somewhat annoying but after a while you get used to it and may even repeat the words alongside whoever is saying them. Talking from experience.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

A lot of CW shows start that way. It's somewhat annoying but after a while you get used to it and may even repeat the words alongside whoever is saying them. Talking from experience.

http://acollectivemind.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/1012068_229399543850355_2107410475_n.jpg

I always think of this meme at the beginning of Arrow now.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

updated

Last edited by K2 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

So I guess they have enough heroes to make a Justice League now?

TV: Arrow and Flash
Movie: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

^ I think that the CW's universe is being kept separate from the DC movie universe.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Hadn't planned on watching this series, I thought it would be a reset of the 90s version w/ Amanda Pays and John Wesley Shipp.

Must admit I've been hooked since the pilot, Tom Cavanagh's done a fine job as Dr. Wells and so has Grant Gustin as the man in the suit. Folks haven't been receptive to Iris (Candice Patton) but I have no complaints about her or Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) for that matter.

Last edited by K2 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I really enjoy it and the mid-season finale was easily the best of the series. I initially was watching it just because I watch Arrow but now it's finally found something to make it stand on its own: Reverse Flash!

Also, wth is the deal with the season 1 love interest in both Arrow and Flash being the most annoying chick ever.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

There's no shortage of entertaining comic book based TV series right now. Arrow and Flash are both great. Agents of SHIELD has more than righted the ship after a shaky start last season. Gotham is interesting and has the potential to get better. I don't know that I'm too excited about the Supergirl series that will be on CBS, but it should be pretty good too since it will be from the same guys doing Arrow and Flash. We've got the Netflix Marvel series (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones) coming next year as well, and it was announced that TNT will be doing a Titans TV series with Nightwing as the leader of the team. It's definitely an awesome time to be a comic book geek.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

^^The Flash-Arrow crossovers had its moments, but agree that mid-season finale with Reverse Flash hit the mark. Still sifting through all of the theories on who might be involved with RF and/or which time period.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^^The Flash-Arrow crossovers had its moments, but agree that mid-season finale with Reverse Flash hit the mark. Still sifting through all of the theories on who might be involved with RF and/or which time period.

My theory is that Dr. Wells creates the Reverse Flash some time in the future and that it's Eddie Thawne. It was a huge red flag to name the character E. Thawne.

I think Barry ends up stealing Iris from him and that will be one of the reasons he turns. Re-watch the Reverse Flash scene at 33 min in. You'll see a top view shot of the Reverse Flash running around the room knocking out all the other cops but runs around Eddie. He only takes his gun away and there's brief moment when they're face-to-face.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-flash/

Dr. Wells has been obsessed with the Flash fulfilling some kind of destiny and maybe created the Reverse Flash to send Barry Allen on that path by killing his mother. If so, I think Dr. Wells may have turned on the Reverse Flash at some point and that's why he wanted to kill him.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
K2 wrote:

My theory is that Dr. Wells creates the Reverse Flash some time in the future and that it's Eddie Thawne. It was a huge red flag to name the character E. Thawne.

I think Barry ends up stealing Iris from him and that will be one of the reasons he turns. Re-watch the Reverse Flash scene at 33 min in. You'll see a top view shot of the Reverse Flash running around the room knocking out all the other cops but runs around Eddie. He only takes his gun away and there's brief moment when they're face-to-face.

Dr. Wells has been obsessed with the Flash fulfilling some kind of destiny and maybe created the Reverse Flash to send Barry Allen on that path by killing his mother. If so, I think Dr. Wells may have turned on the Reverse Flash at some point and that's why he wanted to kill him.

Wait, so you're thinking that Wells isn't RF? Isn't it pretty much confirmed that Wells is RF during the last scene of the mid-season finale?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
K2 wrote:

Wait, so you're thinking that Wells isn't RF? Isn't it pretty much confirmed that Wells is RF during the last scene of the mid-season finale?

It was only confirmed Wells had the RF suit and was infusing the suit with the tachyon energy the RF stole.

My theory is based a lot on how that scene was filmed and, of course, the writers' decision to give the character of Eddie a similar name as the RF in the comics.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
K2 wrote:

It was only confirmed Wells had the RF suit and was infusing the suit with the tachyon energy the RF stole.

My theory is based a lot on how that scene was filmed and, of course, the writers' decision to give the character of Eddie a similar name as the RF in the comics.

I get what you're saying. However, if you watch the final scene with Wells and the RF suit, you actually see Wells' wounds heal between frames. You don't see them heal in real time. However, he enters his secret room looking pretty banged up, but by the time he speaks the final line in the episode, you can see that his facial wounds have noticeably healed. Also, when he speaks that final line, he speaks in the same altered voice that RF had used throughout the episode. The only thing I can't figure out is how to reconcile the idea that Wells is RF with the scene where he gets attacked by RF.

Still, I agree that Thawne is somehow tied to RF. The name was the only give-away up until the last episode, but the fact that RF purposely avoided harming Thawne lends even more credence to this idea. One theory floating around is that Wells, who clearly has some connection to time-travel, may be a descendant of Eddie Thawne. I guess we'll have to see how it all plays out.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
K2 wrote:

I get what you're saying. However, if you watch the final scene with Wells and the RF suit, you actually see Wells' wounds heal between frames. You don't see them heal in real time. However, he enters his secret room looking pretty banged up, but by the time he speaks the final line in the episode, you can see that his facial wounds have noticeably healed. Also, when he speaks that final line, he speaks in the same altered voice that RF had used throughout the episode. The only thing I can't figure out is how to reconcile the idea that Wells is RF with the scene where he gets attacked by RF.

Still, I agree that Thawne is somehow tied to RF. The name was the only give-away up until the last episode, but the fact that RF purposely avoided harming Thawne lends even more credence to this idea. One theory floating around is that Wells, who clearly has some connection to time-travel, may be a descendant of Eddie Thawne. I guess we'll have to see how it all plays out.

Interesting. I didn't catch the part with the wounds healing. I do remember the altered voice now. Like you I couldn't reconcile the RF beating on Wells unless he was a future version of himself like I assumed with Eddie. He could have done it to throw suspicion of himself.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
K2 wrote:

Interesting. I didn't catch the part with the wounds healing. I do remember the altered voice now. Like you I couldn't reconcile the RF beating on Wells unless he was a future version of himself like I assumed with Eddie. He could have done it to throw suspicion of himself.

Yeah, the fact that the Flash also incorporates time travel definitely complicates things.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

The time travel stuff could be great. Hoping they go more scifi with it like Fringe. I miss that show.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Tonight's episode confirmed it RCS926.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Tonight's episode confirmed it RCS926.

I'll be watching it on Hulu tonight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I've not had a interest in The Flash. I have 11 episodes on Kodi starting from the beginning. I may spend some time catching up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've not had a interest in The Flash. I have 11 episodes on Kodi starting from the beginning. I may spend some time catching up.

Just know that it gets better....in a flash. Had to, lol. Seriously though, after a few episodes it got good and then after the mid-season finale, I was hooked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: