Is Chicago a likely trading partner?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Is Chicago a likely trading partner?

Assuming we stay in the draft and don't work something out for Love (which seems doubtful to me since we don't have a lot to offer other than the 7th pick,) the Bulls have two mid 1st picks. Trade down with them? Perhaps sweeten it if we take Boozer's contract off their hands?
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Is Chicago a likely trading partner?

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Assuming we stay in the draft and don't work something out for Love (which seems doubtful to me since we don't have a lot to offer other than the 7th pick,) the Bulls have two mid 1st picks. Trade down with them? Perhaps sweeten it if we take Boozer's contract off their hands?

Why in the world would we do that? Boozer is useless for us. Why would we get an undersized PF who plays no D? We can just sign Pau instead.
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I think I'd would be okay with getting both mid round picks. I mean, the Lakers could end up with a couple of pretty decent players. Also I've toyed with the idea of including #16 and Tom Thibodeau for #7, but I'm not sure the anyone would go for it though.

Last edited by AuraStar on Thu May 22, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject:

Boozer contract

2014-2015 16,800,000 - - 16,800,000
2015-2016
UFA

Thibodeau contract

Thibodeau agreed to the four-year, $17.5 million contract extension that the Bulls announced way back in an Oct. 1 new conference, but hadn’t signed it until this past week. (reported April 4, 2013)
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject:

Why would we need to include the #7 pick in anything?

Taking Boozer back is enough to get both their 1st rd picks.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

You really think so? That'd be awesome.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Is Chicago a likely trading partner?

threetimechamps wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Why in the world would we do that? Boozer is useless for us. Why would we get an undersized PF who plays no D? We can just sign Pau instead.

Because Boozer is only signed for one more year and it would be really valuable to the Bulls to lose his contract. It's not a big deal for us to take on that salary since next year's FA class is what we're really eying.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

Can't the Bulls just amnesty Boozer though ?

I'd like to give them Nash for both picks plus our 7th. We free up more cap
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Can't the Bulls just amnesty Boozer though ?

I'd like to give them Nash for both picks plus our 7th. We free up more cap

Sure they could. But they'd still have to pay him his 16 million, minus whatever a team bid to pick him up.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Chicago a likely trading partner?

[quote="Fan0Bynum17"]Assuming we stay in the draft and don't work something out for Love (which seems doubtful to me since we don't have a lot to offer other than the 7th pick,) the Bulls have two mid 1st picks. Trade down with them? Perhaps sweeten it if we take Boozer's contract off their hands?[/quote

Might be a possibility. This article discusses that option:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/553233/20140522/pau-gasol-trade-nba-news-lakers-rumors.org#.U35kSPldWAM

I trust that if it becomes a reality Mitch & the gang accepts nothing less than Chicago's 2 first round picks.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Nash and Pau resigned for Boozer and one of their firsts.

Lakers still would have enough cap to go after a player of note.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Nash and Pau resigned for Boozer and one of their firsts.

Lakers still would have enough cap to go after a player of note.

No they wouldn't. They'd have 3m
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Chicago a likely trading partner?

threetimechamps wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

We wouldn't get 2 first round picks for signing Pau. I wouldn't give them our 1st though. We are helping them enough taking Boozer off their hands.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Chicago a likely trading partner?

venturalakersfan wrote:
threetimechamps wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

We wouldn't get 2 first round picks for signing Pau. I wouldn't give them our 1st though. We are helping them enough taking Boozer off their hands.

i think a S&T pau for boozer + first rounder makes a lot of sense for both sides.

chicago saves money in that they don't have to amnesty boozer and sign pau or melo via free agency. pau gets to go to a contender. lakers get a first rounder and a 1 year rental of boozer, so they can have a lot of cap space for 2015. the minimum team salary requirement is $52 million anyways, and the lakers are on the books for $35.. so they'd need to spend at least $17 million in this offseason, and they are likely to offer only 1 year contracts.

i doubt lakers will get 2 first rounders for pau though.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

The Lakers would be doing the Bulls a favor by taking Boozer so Chicago would have to sweeten the deal.At the very least the number 16 and their 2nd round pick for doing so.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakers get: Boozer, 16th pick and 19th pick

Bulls get: 2017 2nd round pick (top 55 protected)

Lakers could try to put together a trade for somebody like Irving or they could just keep the rookies. They could end up with something like a combination of Marcus Smart, Rodney Hood and Clint Capela.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject:

Your talking about tankin another season...i pass
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

As a fan, I don't really want to tank another season but a lot of reports are that the Lakers are looking more at the 2015 and 2016 off seasons. Before we do that though, I would offer Minny Sacre and the 7th pick for Love (trade to be completed in July since Lakers technically won't have cap room till then and can't violate the stepian rule by trading 1st round picks in consecutive years). We would then have about 10 million left to use on free agents.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
As a fan, I don't really want to tank another season but a lot of reports are that the Lakers are looking more at the 2015 and 2016 off seasons. Before we do that though, I would offer Minny Sacre and the 7th pick for Love (trade to be completed in July since Lakers technically won't have cap room till then and can't violate the stepian rule by trading 1st round picks in consecutive years). We would then have about 10 million left to use on free agents.

What is the point of tanking another season if we don't have our 1st round pick?
I think Timberwolve will be interested with Pau + 7th pick but I don't think Pau wants to go there.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

What is the point of tanking another season if we don't have our 1st round pick?
I think Timberwolve will be interested with Pau + 7th pick but I don't think Pau wants to go there.
I'm saying as a fan I don't want to tank so trading the pick for Love would be not tanking.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Chicago a likely trading partner?

misterrunon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
threetimechamps wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

i think a S&T pau for boozer + first rounder makes a lot of sense for both sides.

chicago saves money in that they don't have to amnesty boozer and sign pau or melo via free agency. pau gets to go to a contender. lakers get a first rounder and a 1 year rental of boozer, so they can have a lot of cap space for 2015. the minimum team salary requirement is $52 million anyways, and the lakers are on the books for $35.. so they'd need to spend at least $17 million in this offseason, and they are likely to offer only 1 year contracts.

i doubt lakers will get 2 first rounders for pau though.

Only Chicago supposedly want Melo, not Pau.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Lakers get: Boozer, 16th pick and 19th pick

Bulls get: 2017 2nd round pick (top 55 protected)

Lakers could try to put together a trade for somebody like Irving or they could just keep the rookies. They could end up with something like a combination of Marcus Smart, Rodney Hood and Clint Capela.

Don't think it will work out but like the idea (at least not two 1st rounders). If Lakers can then persuade Kobe to have a paycut to 20 m and persuade Nash to retire, Lakers can sign Anthony with 15m. It has become a rule nowadays; if you want to win, you need to accept a paycut. Pick Smart with 7th pick, resign Pau with veteran exception, resign Hill and Meeks with mid-level exception, and then a championship contender will be there.
That is the dream.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Well, if we're in the lottery, there's a chance we keep our pick, just not a very good one (it's top 3 protected.)
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject:

no we have nothing they want and they have nothing we want..

But i'll take Rose for Nash lol

mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

You really think so? That'd be awesome.

This would help Chicago clear up some space to go after Melo. Would love to have 3 first rounders to either draft or trade for Love
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: