Trade for the 4th

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
princeofwestwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Trade for the 4th

Not really sold on Exum but basketball minds greater than mine seems to think he is a player. If the top three picks go as expected most people have the magic taking a point at number 4, more than likely Exum. It seems their option B would be smart. The key would be to have the magic agree to swap picks (draft player and trade them). Several things would have to happen for this to be considered. The first being Exum refusing to work out for the magic. The magic would of course need to be compensated, so using our cap space we would need to see if we can take on salary from a team with multiple picks and trade for a pick in the 18-26 range. Package the 7 and a second late first round pick to the magic who would have to settle for their second choice. A few things would need to go our way for this to happen, Exum doesn't jump into the top three and smart doesn't go 5 or 6 (he can also refuse to workout for Utah and Boston if he prefers Miami).
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I'd love for them to deal up to get him, but I can't understand why Orlando would pass on Exum for themselves. Even if he demands Orlando not take him, there is a substantial step down in talent in the group after 4. Not calling the next guys scrubs, but Exum has high upside. He'd be an ideal PG to pair with Oladipo and be set in the back court for a decade. They aren't star centers, so Orlando may actually resign them later. If LA makes the suggested OKC Gasol deal in another thread I'd be all about dealing an extra pick. I still don't see how Orlando does it though, Exum fits too well but you may not like what you get at 7.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject:

Orlando would draft for us and we would pick for them, seems logical?
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject:

Maybe they owe us for the Dwightmare..lol
But honestly i doubt it happens
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject:

Orlando really wants Exum, we really have nothing of value to offer them to change their mind enough for them to give is that pick.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject:

Orlando Magic is not a dumb organization.

They moved D12 for something before he bolted.

Lakers kept D12 and got nothing in return but cap space.

I don't see them helping us out, just because.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject:

I think Exum and Randle are the two guys who could drop in the draft. I easily could see Orlando taking Vonleh. Big vs Small is still something to remember... and there are quite a few bigs who have some great talent. Orlando at 4 is going to have their choice of Gordon, Randle, Vonleh... whichever one they think is best. They must have some pretty strong thoughts that one of them is very good...

Ideal situation of course would be Orlando for some reason taking smart... but no way do I see that. However... Gordon, Randle, Vonleh... I could see that happening.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: