Sac, Phoenix or Chicago

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Sac, Phoenix or Chicago

Is there anyway we can send #7 to Phoenix for their 14 & 18 and then we can send Sacrament some cash or pieces like Meeks plus cash for cap space for their # 8?

Could we possibly get two or more pics in this years draft?

There's talent up to 25 in this years draft we could get a good player or two with more pics it would give us a ton of leverage.

We could possibly do a deal with Chicago also.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sac, Phoenix or Chicago

lakurluv wrote:
Is there anyway we can send #7 to Phoenix for their 14 & 18 and then we can send Sacrament some cash or pieces like Meeks plus cash for cap space for their # 8?

There's talent up to 25 in this years draft we could get a good player or two with more pics it would give us a ton of leverage.

YES

NO CHANCE

MAYBE

WHO KNOWS
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I think keeping 7 may be best.Taking on Boozer's contract for 16 and 19 might be the best way to go if they want more picks.
ozzie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject:

Give one good reason why Meeks is worth #8.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

ozzie wrote:
Give one good reason why Meeks is worth #8.

He's not, not by himself, but the Kings have no consistent outside threat and he could be that for their team, I did say add cash to sweeten the deal. But we're sure it's not at all possible, being that they want Love instead which they probably won't get with a #8 just like we wont we a #7 at least not alone.

Of course cash wouldn't be enough along with Meeks, but maybe add Hill in their and we should be able to get that done. That's two young vet players capable of good minutes right now to fortify their team. I know it won't happen but just a suggestion...
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers could absolutely trade their #7 for the Phoenix picks. I dont know that they should do it but they could. I wouldnt mind that happening if Phoenix could secure the picks the Lakers want at 14 and 17.

As far as Meeks for the #8, come on man. Get realistic.

The biggest asset the Lakers have right now, and it is really a shame because it shows a lack of planning and organization, is that they could take on salary. It is really a shame. Laker management lived so much in the now that we mortgaged our future for a 36 year old washed up superstar. Sad day.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
The Lakers could absolutely trade their #7 for the Phoenix picks. I dont know that they should do it but they could. I wouldnt mind that happening if Phoenix could secure the picks the Lakers want at 14 and 17.

The biggest asset the Lakers have right now, and it is really a shame because it shows a lack of planning and organization, is that they could take on salary. It is really a shame. Laker management lived so much in the now that we mortgaged our future for a 36 year old washed up superstar. Sad day.

I have no problem with the Lakers trading #7 to PHX so long as they get 2015 back.

#14, #27, 2015 1st would be my price with Phx... they'd still keep #17 which they would obviously like...

Then I'd call Chicago immediately after getting 2015... and offer to take on Boozer for #16 and #18.

#14, #16, #18, #27... plus boozer.... and insurance for tanking in 2015 (if the Lakers resort to that).

If not you eventually deal boozer's expiring for a piece if the team surprises you. That'd be my #1 goal if I was Mitch.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
King beef wrote:

I have no problem with the Lakers trading #7 to PHX so long as they get 2015 back.

#14, #27, 2015 1st would be my price with Phx... they'd still keep #17 which they would obviously like...

Then I'd call Chicago immediately after getting 2015... and offer to take on Boozer for #16 and #18.

#14, #16, #18, #27... plus boozer.... and insurance for tanking in 2015 (if the Lakers resort to that).

If not you eventually deal boozer's expiring for a piece if the team surprises you. That'd be my #1 goal if I was Mitch.

I would LOVE that deal!!!!

One correction, though, it's 16 and 19 from Chicago.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject:

If Chicago just wants to get rid of Boozer to save money they can just amnesty him !

Although having 4 mid round picks would be amazing

Tyler Ennis, Nik Stauskas, TJ Warren, and Adreain Payne
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Rather take Gordon, smart, or Randal with the seventh and buy a pick at the end of the first round.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Sac, Phoenix or Chicago

lakurluv wrote:

I've been praying to the basketball gods for Lavine and Hood. They both are supposed to go at around 14 and 18. But Hood didn't come to our workouts
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sac, Phoenix or Chicago

kikanga wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

I've been praying to the basketball gods for Lavine and Hood. They both are supposed to go at around 14 and 18. But Hood didn't come to our workouts

I would actually look more to James Young and Tyler Enis. I believe the Lakers have some interest in these players and it seems like a trade is on the horizon for Phoenix's picks.

Others: Kyle Anderson, Adreian Payne, Glenn Robinson III, Shabazz Napier, Lavine, Hood, to name a few.

I like this draft it's actually pretty deep, but you're not getting any franchise guys except in the Top 4 and some Game Changers 5-10.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
If Chicago just wants to get rid of Boozer to save money they can just amnesty him !

Chicago would still have to pay his salary. Wouldn't save money just cap space.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

Chicago would still have to pay his salary. Wouldn't save money just cap space.

Meet Jerry Reinsdorf a man so cheap... he didn't do everything in his power financially to keep together a 6 time champion Bulls team.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: