Darren Collison of the Los Angeles Clippers will forgo the second year ...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Since the 80's...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Darren Collison of the Los Angeles Clippers will forgo the second year ...

Darren Collison of the Los Angeles Clippers will forgo the second year of his contract that would have paid him $1.9 million to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, a league source informed CSNNW.com. CSNNW.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.h8zgJ6fu.dpuf
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

Not a player we should consider.

Although I tell you that he is a starting PG in this league. I don't think he would fit in well here, because it would be too much replication with Farmar and Marshall. We need an impact player at the PG spot and that might not come for a couple of years down the road. He is definitely a good PG in this league, no doubt!
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Not a player we should consider.

Although I tell you that he is a starting PG in this league. I don't think he would fit in well here, because it would be too much replication with Farmar and Marshall. We need an impact player at the PG spot and that might not come for a couple of years down the road. He is definitely a good PG in this league, no doubt!

If you can't land Smart or Exum and you don't want to overpay for Lowry or can sign Bledsoe then he is not a bad option.

Kendall Marshall stinks.

Collison did a great job spelling CP3 when he was hurt. He's been a starter in the league and has the experience. Collison and Farmar duo at PG will work.

Plus he won't cost more than $2.5-3M
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Am I missing something? I thought farmar was an ufa? I keep seeing comments suggesting he's restricted or have a team option or something.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I want Lowry this off season... but if the Lakers go elsewhere - Collision's not a bad call.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject:

He's a starting pg on a bad team or back up on a good team. He's going to want 5-6m a season, uhhnoo!
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject:

He played well in New Orleans when Paul was injured but he also wasn't a good starter when he was in Indiana.
He is worth considering ONLY IF we can't get a better PG on the draft or free agency.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: