Tracy Morgan Critical Condition After Fatal Car Crash
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Tracy Morgan Critical Condition After Fatal Car Crash

Quote:
Tracy Morgan was in a horrific 6-vehicle accident early Saturday morning in New Jersey and is now fighting for his life.

Morgan was riding in a limo bus on the NJ Turnpike after a concert ... when it was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer -- at least that's the way it now appears. Tracy's limo overturned in the wreck.

One person in the limo was killed, and three others are in critical condition, including the former star of "SNL" and "30 Rock."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/07/tracy-morgan-critical-condition-fatal-car-accident-new-jersey/#ixzz33yXou1E9

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/07/tracy-morgan-critical-condition-fatal-car-accident-new-jersey/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

Oh man! I just saw him on that SpikeTV tribute to Don Rickles last week. Get well.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

Oh no. Not Andrew Bynum.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

Brutal, best wishes to him to get better. Driving around in cars is one of the most dangerous things we do.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

I like Tracy Morgan quite a bit. I don't trust TMZ for (bleep), but if what they cited from the family is true, it doesn't sound good.

And he wasn't even doing anything stupid, unless being a passenger in a limo is being stupid.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Oh man. I actually liked Tracy Morgan....
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

^^I like him too.. sheesh.. I had no idea he is almost 46 years old..

Any moment could be our last

Godspeed Mr Morgan..
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Professionally, can't stand the talentless hack, but as a person, I hope he pulls through.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Big fan of Tracy, hope he's alright.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject:

Imagine the force required to smash and kill an occupant of a limo bus. I've been tivoing that real ER show called "Trauma: Life in the ER". The sh that happens in this world to people going about their daily business is harder to believe than a movie script. A passenger living and a passenger dying often boils down to where they were sitting (Lisa Lopes) and it's often impossible to judge whether someone died in the crash just by estimating the violence of the accident (eg: Billy Martin skidded into a shallow drainage ditch at low speed, what you'd consider a minor accident, his friend was the driver. There was no more damage to his truck than a cracked windshield. Problem is Billy's skull is what cracked it..)
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Imagine the force required to smash and kill an occupant of a limo bus. I've been tivoing that real ER show called "Trauma: Life in the ER". The sh that happens in this world to people going about their daily business is harder to believe than a movie script. A passenger living and a passenger dying often boils down to where they were sitting (Lisa Lopes) and it's often impossible to judge whether someone died in the crash just by estimating the violence of the accident (eg: Billy Martin skidded into a shallow drainage ditch at low speed, what you'd consider a minor accident, his friend was the driver. There was no more damage to his truck than a cracked windshield. Problem is Billy's skull is what cracked it..)

Not hard to imagine....if you saw how thin the steel is in cars and trucks its a miracle how some people walk around from car accidents. When an 18 wheel tractor trailer hits another car or truck, its not hard to imagine how all that force is transferred.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Not hard to imagine....if you saw how thin the steel is in cars and trucks its a miracle how some people walk around from car accidents. When an 18 wheel tractor trailer hits another car or truck, its not hard to imagine how all that force is transferred.

I saw this thing on Modern Marvels about new anti-vehicle barriers that were being tested out for military use. They used panel trucks in the tests with loaded 55 gallon drums affixed right behind the cab. When they hit the barrier, even at modest speeds, the drums shot thru the cab like it wasn't even there. A driver's torso would go thru the steering wheel like it were pushed thru one of those old Play-Doh squeezer toys. Proper loading is everything, I guess.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
I like Tracy Morgan quite a bit. I don't trust TMZ for (bleep), but if what they cited from the family is true, it doesn't sound good.

And he wasn't even doing anything stupid, unless being a passenger in a limo is being stupid.

I second this. I actually liked him. He was nice and humble when I met him.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:

You should trust them. As much as I hate them for being gossip and stuff they are almost always 1st and accurate with news like this.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:

I remember Kevin Smith talking about him and saying he's one of the nicest and professional people he's ever worked with in the industry. Had nothing but nice things to say about him and if you know Kevin he doesn't hold back.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Kobeskillz wrote:
12 wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:

I remember Kevin Smith talking about him and saying he's one of the nicest and professional people he's ever worked with in the industry. Had nothing but nice things to say about him and if you know Kevin he doesn't hold back.

He has had some rough times in his personal life..guess he struggled hard with alcoholism and his wife of 21 years divorced him. His teenage son got him to quit drinking iirc.

I sure hope he pulls through.. he just seemed to be a humble man ..a blue collar type he was just a big happy goofball..

He just had a new baby too with his new fiancee one year ago
http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/tracy-morgan-welcomes-daughter-article-1.1388120
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

LINK

Truck Driver In Tracy Morgan Crash Had Not Slept In 24 Hours: Complaint

That's unfortunate. It seems as though Tracy will pull through. Sadly a life was lost.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

http://www.etonline.com/news/147491_tracy_morgan_upgraded_to_fair_condition/index.html

Quote:
Tracy Morgan 'Upgraded to Fair Condition'

One week after a traffic accident left him in critical condition, Tracy Morgan is making great strides in getting back to health.
A rep for the 45-year-old comedian gave a statement to ET, saying, "Happy to pass along that Tracy has been upgraded to fair condition, which is a great improvement. His personality is certainly starting to come back as well."
The rep added that "Jeff Millea's family shared that he has been upgraded to fair condition as well."
Morgan's assistant Millea, 36, was also injured in the crash.
According to Sgt. Gregory Williams of New Jersey State Police who spoke to ET, the Morgan was a passenger in a limo bus when the accident occurred in Cranbury Township June 8 at 1 a.m. on the turnpike. In a preliminary assessment, Williams said it appears that one of the tractor trailers may have rear-ended the limo, but police don't believe drugs or alcohol were involved. Seven people were in the limo bus, and the two people in the front seat were fine. The five passengers in the backseat (including Morgan) were rushed to the hospital, but one of those five was killed.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:

His personality probably helped his recovery
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Professionally, can't stand the talentless hack, but as a person, I hope he pulls through.

I hope he pulls through and come back with 100 percent. I never thought he was that funny. I thought I was the only person that didn't get his jokes or act. He's has some funny parts in cameo work but overall, never got it. Get well soon.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/report-30-rock-star-tracy-morgan-critical-after-multi-car-crash-2/

Quote:
UPDATE: Tracy Morgan Moved To Rehab Center Almost Two Weeks After Crash7TH UPDATE, 8:45 AM: Tracy Morgan has been transferred to an undisclosed rehab center, where he is expected to remain for the next few weeks, according to a rep today. The rep said the actor-comedian is continuing to show signs of improvement, though he still has a long way to go. Morgan has been at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunswick, NJ, since the early morning of June 7, when his limo bus was struck by a tractor-trailer on the New Jersey Turnpike, killing fellow comedian and mentor James McNair. Morgan was upgraded from critical to fair condition earlier this week..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject:

I saw Tracy on Letterman. David looked like he wanted to tell Tracy to F off. His facial expression was one of disgust.

I vision him more a buffoon than I do a comic.

I hope he pulls through. He has his detractors he also has his fans.

Get well soon TM.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/report-30-rock-star-tracy-morgan-critical-after-multi-car-crash-2/#more-746410

Quote:
UPDATE: Tracy Morgan Suing Wal-Mart Over Crash That Injured Him, Killed His Mentor8TH UPDATE, 10:05 PM: Tracy Morgan is suing Wal-Mart over the June 7 crash in which the limo bus he and others were riding was rear-ended by one of the retail giant’s tractor-trailers. The complaint filed in New Jersey District Court alleges that Wal-Mart knew or should have known that the truck’s driver, Kevin Roper, had been awake for more than 24 hours when he fell asleep behind the wheel and rammed into the limo. It also says the truck’s collision-avoidance systems did not engage and that “Wal-Mart knew or should have known that one of the truck’s most important safety features had been compromised.” The former 30 Rock star was critically injured in the New Jersey Turnpike wreck, which killed his mentor, comedian James McNair. McNair’s widow Krista Millea also is a plaintiff along with Morgan’s assistant Jeffrey Millea and comic Ardie Fuqua Jr, both of whom were injured in the crash. The suit reads, “As a direct and proximate result of the physical injuries sustained by Mr. Morgan in the collision, he has been in capacitated from pursuing his usual employment and other activities, may be left with disabilities that will in the future similarly incapacitate him and cause him pain and suffering, and may require medical treatment.” The suit seeks unspecified damages and a jury trial. David Sirotkin, Benedict Morelli and David Ratner of Morelli Alters Ratner LLP in New York are representing the plaintiffs.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lawyer: Tracy Morgan Still Struggling With Severe Brain Injury

Tracy Morgan is still fighting to recover from a severe brain injury suffered in a highway crash more than five months ago, and it's uncertain if he will be "the Tracy Morgan he once was," his lawyer said in New Jersey courtroom on Tuesday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/lawyer-tracy-morgan-still-struggling-severe-brain-injury-n251256

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Months earlier, Morgan had told the publication that he would walk down the aisle on the strength of his own two legs.

"I don't want to walk my wife down the aisle with a cane or in a wheelchair," he said. "So I had to go hard with the therapy … I had to get better. There was no ifs, ands or buts about it."

The couple's 2-year-old daughter Maven was among the family and friends on hand as the couple exchanged vows during an intimate ceremony.

A week earlier, Morgan and Wollover hosted joint bachelor and bachelorette parties, according to E! Online.

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/tracy-morgan-marries-long-time-fiancee-cane-walker-article-1.2335186
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: