Pau and/or Kobe join Phil, Fisher, etc......How would you feel?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject:

Would Pau play for $3m or $5m? B/c that's all the Knicks could offer depending on various scenarios.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Would Pau play for $3m or $5m? B/c that's all the Knicks could offer depending on various scenarios.

Yep, except for a sign and trade...
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
There's no way Kobe would want to do that! He has spent his whole career as a Laker. There is a certain mystique that comes with playing for one franchise over a whole career.

Fixed that for you.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

It does not seem that Kobe can achieve ring number 6 with the LAL unless something huge happens like Lebron and Bosh decide to hookup with Kobe here; fat chance.

Kobe would have a better shot at a chip in NY next to his pal Melo with Tyson's D & the Tri. Would he leave? Who knows in todays NBA...

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep, except for a sign and trade...

I guess, if Melo left they'd be able to do S&Ts?
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Why wouldn't we S+T Pau for Anthony? Then go after LeBron.

Why in the world would the Knicks want Pau? Also, why would Pau want to go to a non-contender?

Phil
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Why on Earth would Kobe want to

1. Leave the Lakers
2. Leave the Lakers for the Knicks with no Carmelo
3. Leave the Lakers after just signing an extension

Why the hell would Melo want to come here with no Kobe?

1. Because they aren't good and the West is too competitive.
2. New York would love him; there's only one really good team in the East; making playoffs would be much easier; Knicks have his beloved mentor as GM and favorite teammate as coach.
3. He makes the same money on the Knicks.

Also:
4. Tyson Chandler can be his Tyson Chandler.

I could easily see Kobe going to the Knicks for the last two seasons of his playing career.

And i could see many laker fans becoming Knicks bandwagoners!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Why on Earth would Kobe want to

1. Leave the Lakers
2. Leave the Lakers for the Knicks with no Carmelo
3. Leave the Lakers after just signing an extension

Why the hell would Melo want to come here with no Kobe?

1. Because they aren't good and the West is too competitive.
2. New York would love him; there's only one really good team in the East; making playoffs would be much easier; Knicks have his beloved mentor as GM and favorite teammate as coach.
3. He makes the same money on the Knicks.

Also:
4. Tyson Chandler can be his Tyson Chandler.

I could easily see Kobe going to the Knicks for the last two seasons of his playing career.

And i could see many laker fans becoming Knicks bandwagoners!!!

I live out here in NYC area now. Not going to be a Knicks "fan," but seeing all my Lakers (Fisher, PJax, Odom, last year Clark, Brown, MWP) will certainly make them worth watching.
Jeremy1983
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

LOL at all this Kobe would never leave LA talk. It's NY that would never take on Kobe's ridiculous contract.. no way. PJ would get ridiculed worse than Mitch/JB for a move like that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject:

Phil Jackson is the ex-girlfriend who steals mutual friends after the breakup
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

for better or worse I am a fan of whoever is employed of and wearing the Purple and Gold, I could careless about Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom and any other former Laker that goes there
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

I'd feel that no one player is bigger than the Laker franchise.

I'd also feel that, with Phil, Kobe, Fish, and Pau being on the Lakers, along with how many other ex-Lakers on the coaching staff, that the Knicks were doing a better job of being "The Lakers" than the current organization is doing.

"The Lakers" did not assume excellence because of what they had done. They strove for it, worked for it, and earned it -- and that's how they came to embody it.

This version has no idea what they're doing, so they're clinging to the vestiges of what they sued to be rather than building on what they used to be.

Your most recent successful coach? Let him go once to bring in "faster" play -- because slow, methodical play wasn't working before, and faster play would work better with your players getting older -- and then pass him over again because he wanted to take a weekend to mull it over.

Ditch his assistants. Ditch his trainers. Tell the press that there is "no place" in the organization for an 11-time championship coach, while your team is having its worst season EVER. Disregard the bold choice of hiring one of HIS former players to be head coach.

This team values running at a breakneck pace to get away from Phil Jackson's legacy/ aura/ success more than actually being successful.

Disgraceful.

MIM
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

I am curious at what kind of coach all the Phil loyalists think Eric Spoelstra is ?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Pau and/or Kobe join Phil, Fisher, etc......How would you feel?

kobe_luver wrote:
Anyone else but me think there will very likely be a S+T with Phil where we get Anthony? It could be Kobe or it could be Pau (or both). Both who Phil would want on his team and both who love Phil.

Don't dismiss the pull Phil and Fisher have on Kobe. Plus, he always loved playing at MSG!!

How would you feel about this if it happened?

Some of the experts here...what are the S+T options?

Well, with the Knicks over the tax, they can't sign and trade, so that ends that. No Pau option. If Melo leaves, which would probably allow them to work a S&T, the Knicks chances of winning anything go from zero to less than zero, especially since they would still need to send out salaries to get to a number that appeals to Pau, which actually makes the Knicks even worse. That kills Pau's interest in the Knicks under that scenario.

With the Knicks being in worse shape than the Lakers and being run by someone who has never run a team and coached by someone who has never coached a team, and not standing a chance in hell of getting good enough in the next two years, that ends Kobe's interest in waiving a no trade clause.

So, there you have it.

End of story.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

I'd also feel that, with Phil, Kobe, Fish, and Pau being on the Lakers, along with how many other ex-Lakers on the coaching staff, that the Knicks were doing a better job of being "The Lakers" than the current organization is doing.

"The Lakers" did not assume excellence because of what they had done. They strove for it, worked for it, and earned it -- and that's how they came to embody it.

This version has no idea what they're doing, so they're clinging to the vestiges of what they sued to be rather than building on what they used to be.

Your most recent successful coach? Let him go once to bring in "faster" play -- because slow, methodical play wasn't working before, and faster play would work better with your players getting older -- and then pass him over again because he wanted to take a weekend to mull it over.

Ditch his assistants. Ditch his trainers. Tell the press that there is "no place" in the organization for an 11-time championship coach, while your team is having its worst season EVER. Disregard the bold choice of hiring one of HIS former players to be head coach.

This team values running at a breakneck pace to get away from Phil Jackson's legacy/ aura/ success more than actually being successful.

Disgraceful.

MIM

The bolded part right there, so damn true!!!!!! I get tired of hearing about what we have done!!!! What the heck have we done since 2010?History is cool and all, but while we are going on bragging about our history and culture other teams are winning.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Disgraceful.

MIM

The bolded part right there, so damn true!!!!!! I get tired of hearing about what we have done!!!! What the heck have we done since 2010?History is cool and all, but while we are going on bragging about our history and culture other teams are winning.

2011 a burnt out team still won their division and where the #2 seed and got bounced in second rd by eventually won the title

2012 assembled a team the majority of experts and fans expected to challenge for the title but bad chemistry and injuries derailed the team and until Kobe got hurt many thought still would make a run and got bounced by team that was a rebound away from winning the title

2013 whole team was injured and in retrospect best possible outcome happened Kobe got an extra year to recover, Mike D got canned and Lakers got a lottery pick

so really what is the complaint ?? and not to mention the current heads of the Lakers have been in the same positions basically since the mid 2000's and where responsible for the their last run of 3 straight finals and back to back titles
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Not kobe. But pau to ny seems plausible. How much we give pau in a sign and trade will determine what we get back. Lakers reportedly were interested in iman shumpert and chandler earlier this season, so I could something like that happening if salaries match. Wouldn't be bad but chandler would need to be maintained, he isn't the youngster he once was. If we hire scott as coach I think he'd have that experience with chandler too.

Kobe chandler would be interesting and could give us lots of options depending on who we draft and pick in fa. Vonleh, smart, lavine, monroe, stephenson all could fit in well. Just having a defensive anchor like that covers such a huge need that it makes the other pieces much easier to plug in.

We can't S&T Pau to NY unless they renounce Melo.

If melo leaves we could do it though right?

Yes they would be out of luxury tax territory and below the apron.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Not kobe. But pau to ny seems plausible. How much we give pau in a sign and trade will determine what we get back. Lakers reportedly were interested in iman shumpert and chandler earlier this season, so I could something like that happening if salaries match. Wouldn't be bad but chandler would need to be maintained, he isn't the youngster he once was. If we hire scott as coach I think he'd have that experience with chandler too.

Kobe chandler would be interesting and could give us lots of options depending on who we draft and pick in fa. Vonleh, smart, lavine, monroe, stephenson all could fit in well. Just having a defensive anchor like that covers such a huge need that it makes the other pieces much easier to plug in.

If they renounce Melo could they then re-sign him after getting Pau in a S+T?

Yes, but they would lose his Bird Rights, so it would have to be with an exception such as the MLE or mini MLE.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
thetruthteller wrote:
People please. Get real. Kobe is never leaving the Lakers. He doesn't wanna be that great NBA player who leaves and bolts to another team. He...like Duncan...wants to be with ONE team his entire career. He wants two more years of getting paid..and then, if his body allows it, he might sign a minimum deal with L.A., along with hopefully elite talent to maybe get another ring.

But Kobe will not play in another uniform ever.

We'll see. I am not so sure. The lure of Phil and Co along with being top dog at MSG is very enticing!!

I wouldn't think that leaving an organization where you won 5 titles to go to NY where you are dealing with a FO that doesn't know what they are doing and a head coach who has never coached a day in his life would seem enticing. And Phil's tampering fine was a rookie mistake that shows he doesn't know the ropes at this point.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

And I'm sure the Knicks would be very attractive to Pau after not only losing Melo, but also sending out assets in order to complete a sign and trade.

He's a very young player, so he has plenty of time to wait for the Knicks to recover from losing most of their best players in order to get him.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

Phil couldnt motivate Pau in 2011 Playoffs to get out of his depression what makes you think 3 years later Derek Fisher can or even would want to after what he experienced with him back then
Cali_Fan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

If Kobe and Pau join Fisher/Phil in NY. Good luck to them and their endeavors. For one it will free up some money for a superstar hopefully. Kobe & Pau will be treated as any opposing player that Lakers play against. I am a Laker fan, and who ever puts on the Purple and Gold jersey I will love as a player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I am curious at what kind of coach all the Phil loyalists think Eric Spoelstra is ?

I am no Phil loyalist, but if the Heat win again, Spoelstra will have to be put up there with Phil, Riley and Pop. 4 Finals in 6 seasons coaching is pretty impressive.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

And I'm sure the Knicks would be very attractive to Pau after not only losing Melo, but also sending out assets in order to complete a sign and trade.

He's a very young player, so he has plenty of time to wait for the Knicks to recover from losing most of their best players in order to get him.

But they have Phil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they will win the next 10 NBA titles.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I am no Phil loyalist, but if the Heat win again, Spoelstra will have to be put up there with Phil, Riley and Pop. 4 Finals in 6 seasons coaching is pretty impressive.

even if he doesnt he deserves that mention, but remember many really didnt think that much of Phil when he was in the midst of his first 3 peat in Chicago

I thank Phil for all he brought to the Lakers but he is a God and his mear presence isnt gonna attract players and turn around the Knicks the jury is out all he has done so far is drive a former players price up and imo way overpay Fisher to be his coach jury is out on Phil the executive
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: