The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

With a much higher usage player like DLO (who also hits 3s and gets to the line), we're hoping he hits 17ppg.

Not sure if scoring 17ppg is Jules's calling this year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
With a much higher usage player like DLO (who also hits 3s and gets to the line), we're hoping he hits 17ppg.

Efficiency is more Important for Randle.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
tox wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DA1 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
DA1 wrote:
Super stoked to see what Ju got in store.. he put up 11 10 last year with no jumper and really just going all left... with an improved jumper, right hand and the fact he now plays in a system that will favor his skill set, i see 17 10 easily

lol come on guys

my optimism is always beyond high in the offseason lmao.. let me live happily in my delusion before reality hits like a ton of bricks (just like what Ju's jumper still may be this season) lol
he can do 17/10 in his sleep. I think he gets a lot of second unit run and will primary go to guy. He will star but I think our 1A line up will be Dlo, jc, deng, nance, moz maybe Tariq

He's not going to sniff 17 points. Yes he scored 11 points last season and he looks to be much improved. However, his efficiency was downright abysmal. For him to get up to 17 is doable but that means his efficiency would stay horrible.

It's more likely he stays around 11-14 but we see a big boost in his efficiency.

I actually think it depends a lot on the simple things: playing time and opportunity (FGA). If his play warrants 32 - 36 MPG and 12 - 14 FGA per game, I could see him landing around 15 - 18 PPG. I have many serious concerns re: this guy, but I don't think 17 PPG is an impossibility this season.

Well, I don't see him being efficient enough to justify that many minutes with Nance as competition.

That said, he averaged 13 shots per 36 min this past season for 14.5 ppg. If his usage stays constant and he gets to a reasonable amount of efficiency, 17 ppg in 32-36 MPG wouldn't be out of the question. Unlikely but not impossible.

So yeah, my original statement was too harsh. It's in the realm of possibility, sure. That said, even if it's not strictly impossible, 17 ppg is still too optimistic for Randle, I think.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter · 1m1 minute ago

Brandon Ingram beat Nick Young, and Randle beat Tarik Black to get to the 1-on-1 final. Randle won 3-2 with this bully move: https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/781957439377829888

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject:

A guy capable of 20/20 games under the system he was in last year shouldn't be out of the realm of many things.

Julius finishing with more efficiency inside last year is already a 14 ppg rookie year guy. So averaging 3 more points in a better aystem, more efficient shots and more efficient finishing and 17 isn't out of the realm of possibility. I don't know if they'd ask that of him.

Likely in my opinion after seeing what he has worked on and the offense were running could be a 16/12/3 guy for us. 17/12/4 would be amazing but I don't know if he's "there" this year. He may be so we'll see.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:

Brandon Ingram beat Nick Young, and Randle beat Tarik Black to get to the 1-on-1 final. Randle won 3-2 with this bully move: https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/781957439377829888

Aspect of Julius's game he could dominate of he's properly schooled in it is the post. He attacks from the top of the key a lot but if you consider his strength and quickness, he could dominate in the post if schooled properly, it would force more double teams and open up the perimeter more, it won't shock me if we see a lot more action out of the post ran for Julius than initially expected.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

According to Nance, he and all the other bigs got beat by Julius in 1 on 1 today
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 35s36 seconds ago
No interviews for Julius Randle today. Got hit in the mouth during practice today. Might need stitches.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

Aspect of Julius's game he could dominate of he's properly schooled in it is the post. He attacks from the top of the key a lot but if you consider his strength and quickness, he could dominate in the post if schooled properly, it would force more double teams and open up the perimeter more, it won't shock me if we see a lot more action out of the post ran for Julius than initially expected.

That's interesting. I can see your point. People thought he shouldn't be set up close to the rim b/c his finishing at the rim is less than ideal.

But also giving him the ball so far from the rim hasn't proven to be advantageous either.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 35s36 seconds ago
No interviews for Julius Randle today. Got hit in the mouth during practice today. Might need stitches.

Jesse Mermuys punched him in the face after a bad defensive rotation in practice. Man up Julius.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

That's interesting. I can see your point. People thought he shouldn't be set up close to the rim b/c his finishing at the rim is less than ideal.

But also giving him the ball so far from the rim hasn't proven to be advantageous either.

5 on 5 isn't 1 on 1. He can beat his man out in space but he's eventually still going to have to finish over the last line of defense.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:

5 on 5 isn't 1 on 1. He can beat his man out in space but he's eventually still going to have to finish over the last line of defense.

Post moves would be great, but I would be happy if he just could finish with his right hand.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I doubt we see Deng playing much at PF, and I think some of our centers will see time every 4 or 5 games. The guys we want to develop, DLO, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance and Randle will get consistent minutes. If some of the others earn consistent minutes then we will be much better than I thought.

I still don't understand why you think Deng won't play any minutes at PF. As he ages, that is where he will naturally retain some advantages.

I think DLO/JC will certainly get 32mpg+ as there is less of a minutes crunch at their relative positions.

Ingram I think will be in the 26-28mpg range.

The PF spot will be up for grabs, though I think Randle starts and gets the majority of the minutes.

Maybe:

PF: Randle (28) Nance (16) Deng (4)
C: Moz (24) Black/Yi (16) Nance/Randle (8)

If you break down the minutes, I think it's hard to see how any of the big men will play 34-35mpg.

Well I never said that I thought Deng wouldn't get any minutes at PF, I would guess there will be some lineups where he might get 2-5 minutes in some games depending on matchups. The Lakers are trying to develop Randle and Nance, not Deng.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

14-15 ppg would be nice.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/781981042613719040
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject:

How much will Julius Randle rely on his jump shot this season?

Quote:
Walton hesitated to evaluate Randle’s emerged in practice with his mid-range game because of those limited opportunities to take such shots. But Randle predicted that the repetitive offseason regimen with an unnamed shooting coach “breeds confidence” into fully translating in his game.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcf8h?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=los-angeles-lakers
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
How much will Julius Randle rely on his jump shot this season?

Quote:
Walton hesitated to evaluate Randle’s emerged in practice with his mid-range game because of those limited opportunities to take such shots. But Randle predicted that the repetitive offseason regimen with an unnamed shooting coach “breeds confidence” into fully translating in his game.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcf8h?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=los-angeles-lakers

That goes to a story about Manny Harris and Mike D'Antoni
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject:

People saying he should post up more that's basically all he did in Kentucky eat down low hence the Randolph comparisons coming out
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
According to Nance, he and all the other bigs got beat by Julius in 1 on 1 today
Not surprising. JR is the best 1 on 1 big on our squad.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

Here's the proper link to the Randle jump shot article

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2016/10/01/how-much-will-julius-randle-rely-on-his-jump-shot-this-season/

it's by Medina though, so be aware.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

I don't like jules in the post. He just tries to bully his opponents but can't actually finish over nba size. His footwork and moves are god awful. He needs a goto move and exploit from that. Maybe the spin move he uses to finish the 1v1 vs ingram can be his goto. Shaq used to do that move all the time but he would do it going towards his right hand since he was right handed. If I were him I'd look at shaq videos and study how to be big and dominate. Shaq had like only a few basic moves. Baby hook going to his dominant hand, Drop step dunk, drop step fade away, and black tornado.

So much is made about jules finishing with his right, who the hell cares. Most nba players finish 99% of the time with their dominant hand and just find ways to get to it. It's really not a big deal as long as you can finish with your off hand in specific circumstances or when it's an absolute gimme. The weird thing about jules is he likes to operate on the left side of the key where he catches the ball with his right hand (like in the 1v1 videos). It gives him limited space going toward his strong hand and forces him to go into his weak hand. He should be operating on the opposite side so that he catches with his dominant hand in the post going into his dominant hand.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

He finished over all the NBA size that the Lakers have. Remember, it is 2016, not 2015. Don't live in the past.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:

Dealing with a beast like Randle in the post during practices is going to be so good for BI's development.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He finished over all the NBA size that the Lakers have. Remember, it is 2016, not 2015. Don't live in the past.

I like Julius, but 1 on 1 trophy at training camp is really a good parameter?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I like Julius, but 1 on 1 trophy at training camp is really a good parameter?

Why would it not be?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 665 of 1536
Jump to: