The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 933, 934, 935 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
nash wrote:
ingle wrote:
On board with Randle. As much limitations as he has with his size and wingspan he's got at least 2 things that you can't teach

1. Physical advantage with his speed and strength combination

2. Desire to work hard

Based on that alone, he'll end up a good player. Would I pay him a max extension? No way. But sign him to a JC type long term deal? Absolutely.

+1

+2 .

+3
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
nash wrote:
ingle wrote:
On board with Randle. As much limitations as he has with his size and wingspan he's got at least 2 things that you can't teach

2. Desire to work hard

Based on that alone, he'll end up a good player. Would I pay him a max extension? No way. But sign him to a JC type long term deal? Absolutely.

+1

+2 .

+3

Ok, I get the idea that Randle is fast for a PF, but I don't know if he's really that much stronger than your average starting PF. He has good handles for a PF, but they're not amazing. My problem with Randle is that if you think of him as an SF, his skill set looks middling at best. Supposedly his strength makes up for his lack of height and length, but I don't know if there's really any truth to that.

If Randle has a major strength, it's finishing in traffic around the rim against weak/average defenders. In every other aspect he's average or maybe above average at best. I see him as a really dynamic 7th man, but not as part of a big three or starting lineup.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
nash wrote:
ingle wrote:

2. Desire to work hard

+1

+2 .

+3

Ok, I get the idea that Randle is fast for a PF, but I don't know if he's really that much stronger than your average starting PF. He has good handles for a PF, but they're not amazing. My problem with Randle is that if you think of him as an SF, his skill set looks middling at best. Supposedly his strength makes up for his lack of height and length, but I don't know if there's really any truth to that.

If Randle has a major strength, it's finishing in traffic around the rim against weak/average defenders. In every other aspect he's average or maybe above average at best. I see him as a really dynamic 7th man, but not as part of a big three or starting lineup.

i legitimately think julius has the best handle in the league at the PF position. struggling to think of one better
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:
nash wrote:
ingle wrote:

2. Desire to work hard

+1

+2 .

+3

i legitimately think julius has the best handle in the league at the PF position. struggling to think of one better

Draymond
Cousins
Griffin
Saric
Jokic
Davis

just to name a few but its really a matter of opinion
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

All those bigs listed can shoot too.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

Julius is going to take out one of the Clippers tonight with either a broken nose or a broken eye socket, #BodyCount #(bleep)

edit: bleep? Let the Bodies Hit the Floor...
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Julius been taking people out since his dad did that video lol
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tristan Thompson missed Tuesday's practice for a dental appointment after having his two front teeth pushed back during Monday's win over the Lakers.
Thompson will need to wear braces for a couple weeks, but he's not expected to spend any time on the sidelines. Owners can expect to get official confirmation on his status following Wednesday morning's shootaround

Julius handiwork in front of his GF Chewbacka and her family lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Julius...MMA fighter?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Quote:
Tristan Thompson missed Tuesday's practice for a dental appointment after having his two front teeth pushed back during Monday's win over the Lakers.
Thompson will need to wear braces for a couple weeks, but he's not expected to spend any time on the sidelines. Owners can expect to get official confirmation on his status following Wednesday morning's shootaround

Uncalled for! As Lakers fans we are supposed to be better than this!!!

But since we are on this topic, I think Julius might have to get his blood tested for the next few months... Just to be safe...
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:

But since we are on this topic, I think Julius might have to get his blood tested for the next few months... Just to be safe...

?? im sorry Julius did this in front of Thompson's GF you know OJ's Daughter and her family is that better ??
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:

?? im sorry Julius did this in front of Thompson's GF you know OJ's Daughter and her family is that better ??

I remember Lakers fan chanting 'ugly sister' on repeat during our last championship run...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pmacla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:

I remember Lakers fan chanting 'ugly sister' on repeat during our last championship run...

Savage!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
pmacla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Quote:

Savage!

But all kidding aside... Get that blood test Julius!!!
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Very low energy in the first half. Glad Luke benched him after Blake beat him to a 50/50 ball
CantStopBI
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

He doesn't even know that he's playing himself off the team. This isn't Kupchak's Lakers anymore. Pelinka sounded less than thrilled when speaking about our young core and he has no attachment to Randle.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Very low energy in the first half. Glad Luke benched him after Blake beat him to a 50/50 ball

That one play where he charged straight into Speights for the offensive foul is pretty much a microcosm of his entire approach to the game of basketball.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

That one play where he charged straight into Speights for the offensive foul is pretty much a microcosm of his entire approach to the game of basketball.

Actually it was that play where he was under the basket, trapped by four defenders, and tried to layup and got blocket by the rotting corpse of Paul Pierce
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

This dude isn't very good. It is best we do not resign him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Man. Getting blocked by a 74 year old Pierce.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

o hai guise

I missed you all very much
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

was the block from behind?

i coulda swore it was

somebody correct me, cuz yall making it sound like he tried to dunk on him and got the shot threw across the street

CantStopBI
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Lol @ how hard he tries when the game is over. He's like good riddance, we're down 30 now the defense will stop trying and I can pad my stats.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

It was from behind after he got an offensive rebound if memory serves correctly. He was 1-5 in the first half. 4 of those shots were jumpers, 2 were three pointers, and one of those two was after he got the ball in the backcourt with a few 3 seconds left before the end of the quarter, dribbled to the front court and launched a three.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Randle hasn't been all that good lately.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 933, 934, 935 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 934 of 1536
Jump to: