The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 995, 996, 997 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject:

There are a handful of fans who said Julius 'is who he is' after his first season then doubled down and made the same refrain after year two. They don't pay attention so it's only fitting that we don't pay attention to them. I'm really looking forward to seeing the strides he makes this season. If his defense and activity were inhibited by his conditioning it only stands to reason that his shooting and finishing ability will also naturally improve as he rounds into shape. This should be a breakout year for him.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
There are a handful of fans who said Julius 'is who he is' after his first season then doubled down and made the same refrain after year two. They don't pay attention so it's only fitting that we don't pay attention to them. I'm really looking forward to seeing the strides he makes this season. If his defense and activity were inhibited by his conditioning it only stands to reason that his shooting and finishing ability will also naturally improve as he rounds into shape. This should be a breakout year for him.

It better be!

JR's future contract depends on him having a really good season.

He has taken a lot of heat from fans. I hope he proves them wrong and has a great all-around season that contributes to the team success.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject:

We will see, I hope he does improve, because that means the team will improve. When he can outplay his counterpart on the other team on both ends of the floor, then Randle will have arrived.

Some of the posts about Randle becoming a small ball center may be true - that might eventually be the specialty niche he can fill, if his defense improves well enough to play the opposing center lineups he sees. Like a lot of the Lakers, this means he needs to be able to hit open shots in space and the short corner threes.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
repandpresent wrote:
Roon wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
If Randle can pickpocket some of Kobe's low post moves he is going to be unstoppable with the new body.

And if he can walk on water he'd be Jesus. Randle is who he is. A nice change of pace player that will do some stuff but not a player that would be a relevant player on a championship team.

I don't know how you could watch these playoffs and not see Randle's potential to contribute to a championship team. There were plenty of times in the finals where he would have been the baddest hombre on the court.

Humor us. Say he gets up to 33-35% from 3. Who is shutting him down?

I must say I'm excited to see a Ball/Russel/Ingram/Nance/Randle Lineup. And then maybe a year after see a Ball/Russel/George/Ingram/Randle Lineup.

With some nice 2nd overall pick gets, the Lakers have built themselves a nice versatile, but young, core. If we don't get rid of them, Mozdeng should play a little better this year, with everyone being more familiar with Luke's system.

Randle gets blocked by standing defenders far to often. He hasn't had very many moments of looking unstoppable, how many times have you seen the team trust Randle with the ball in the last moments of the game. I do remember one game where he chucked up a ugly three and got bailed out with a foul. He continued to miss 2 out of 3. He is who he is; an excellent hustle player on the offensive end but he zones out and has very poor reads on defense, and these aren't simple fixes.

The team constantly went to Randle in late game situations. The stats even bare out that Randle ups his game in clutch situations. Defensively he's shown he can be a difference maker in late game situations too.

It sounds like you haven't actually been watching Randle all that closely.

Conveniently forgot randles game winner
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
We will see, I hope he does improve, because that means the team will improve. When he can outplay his counterpart on the other team on both ends of the floor, then Randle will have arrived.

Some of the posts about Randle becoming a small ball center may be true - that might eventually be the specialty niche he can fill, if his defense improves well enough to play the opposing center lineups he sees. Like a lot of the Lakers, this means he needs to be able to hit open shots in space and the short corner threes.

How many players outplay their counterpart on both ends of the floor. That's rare. Just think about it the best player in the game got outplayed by Durant on both ends.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

^^ The elites are world-beaters no doubt. LJ is unstoppable and Durant actually outplayed him (precisely because he played defense). I don't want to pay Randall $20 million a year to be basically Derek Fisher, who let everyone score 20+ points per game against him the second half of his career. PF is a really deep position in the league, and I know Randle does things pretty well, for being a 3rd year player, who lost the first season of his career to injury. going into his contract year, he needs to show that he is able to play at both ends of the floor, not be what Ryan Anderson and Kevin Love have become (though, they can actually shoot outside the paint and be a considerable threat left open on the 3 point line, something Randle cannot do yet); namely offensive players, with very little defense. I'm not saying has to be Bruce Bowen but maybe on defense he needs to be Luol Deng on his own man.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
If Randle can pickpocket some of Kobe's low post moves he is going to be unstoppable with the new body.

And if he can walk on water he'd be Jesus. Randle is who he is. A nice change of pace player that will do some stuff but not a player that would be a relevant player on a championship team.

You really don't know much about the game if you think a player peaks at 22.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
With the latest trade rumor, I sure wouldn't want to be the car that Hulk... err I mean Julius Randle smashed when he heard we wanted to trade him to Boston..

I don't believe that report.

I mean I don't want to believe that report.

If that report is true we are screwed as Laker fans.
jaylen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need a culture change and hopefully Magic provides that JR really needed to be around some vets to enable him to understand what a professional attitude for the game means. They really need Kobe to be part of player development. He'd make a star out of JR
He has the talent but doesn't know how hard he has to work to be great and what sort of approach to the game he needs nightly
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
With the latest trade rumor, I sure wouldn't want to be the car that Hulk... err I mean Julius Randle smashed when he heard we wanted to trade him to Boston..

I don't believe that report.

I mean I don't want to believe that report.

If that report is true we are screwed as Laker fans.

If that's an actual deal that magic wanted to make then there goes all hope in current organisation

What makes more sense to me is that that was what boston was ridiculous enough to ask for, and lakers obviously refused (since there was that tweet that lakers didn't accept what boston asked)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

That makes me feel better
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA

Told this morning that Lakers made a serious run at #1 pick from Boston, but weren't willing to meet high price. We'll see if 76ers do.

this is the one I meant
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Moving Randle to move up one spot would've be idiotic.

Fultz is good but he isn't a KAT or AD type of prospect.

I think Randle will be our best player next year and have a monter season.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Hope so!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Randle and #2 is not enough for Fultz.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

DON'T TRADE RANDLE!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Don't listen to anything coming from the Celtics side they don't know s*** about the Lakers and what they're doing. Keith Smith is a Celtics blogger.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

What can the Los Angeles Lakers expect from Julius Randle next season?

Quote:
It looks like the team is looking to roll with the young core at least for one more year before being big players in the 2018 Free Agency period, so Randle will have plenty of opportunities to keep improving his impact on both ends of the floor.

http://www.isportsweb.com/2017/06/17/what-can-los-angeles-lakers-expect-julius-randle-next-season/?utm_campaign=Contact+Quiboat+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=quiboat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Moving Randle to move up one spot would've be idiotic.

Fultz is good but he isn't a KAT or AD type of prospect.

I think Randle will be our best player next year and have a monter season.

Couple ancillary benefits of trading Randle..

1) Avoid having to pay him the big bucks he'll demand
2) More mins for Deng at PF to increase his value

Mozzy/Zu
Deng/Nance
Ingram
Russell
Fultz/Clarkson

I could live with that if we could add some 1 year place holders.

2 + Ju comes down to how close you believe Zo and Kelle are close in terms of upside and talent.

If these rumors are true, then obviously Magic/Rob feel like they re not that close.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Yes let's move one of our most promising young players so we can give more opportunities to luol deng
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Randle + Ball >>>>>>>>>>>>> Fultz

If Magic is seriously considering this trade... we'll need Bill Cosby to mix him a special drink so he'll fall asleep during the draft.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't think e should trade any of our young players. I feel like whoever drops to number 2 (ball or fultz) should just be added to what we already have.

I took a very long time to accumulate all of the assets and I don't think we should let them burn a hole in our pockets. Everyone saw the finals and should understand that there is no way anybody will legitimately challenge golden state anytime soon. We need to be patient, see what we have with our young players over the next 3 years, and decide after that.

Randle is first up for contract negotiations. Let's see how he does with his back against the wall. I think he's gonna show up and show out. After that Dlo will be up.

I just think all of our young prospects have earned the right to play out their rookie contracts at least. Who knows, we may luck out and land multiple stars
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

jaylen wrote:
Lakers need a culture change and hopefully Magic provides that JR really needed to be around some vets to enable him to understand what a professional attitude for the game means. They really need Kobe to be part of player development. He'd make a star out of JR
He has the talent but doesn't know how hard he has to work to be great and what sort of approach to the game he needs nightly

I don't know where some of you guys keep getting this idea that Randle lacks professionalism or he has a bad attitude. Virtually nothing has come out in the time Randle has been in the league that even hints at that.

The main thing that's been said about him is that he just needs more experience and needs to get in better shape (mostly conditioning).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
jaylen wrote:

I don't know where some of you guys keep getting this idea that Randle lacks professionalism or he has a bad attitude. Virtually nothing has come out in the time Randle has been in the league that even hints at that.

The main thing that's been said about him is that he just needs more experience and needs to get in better shape (mostly conditioning).

Doesn't play defense. Stops putting in any effort on either end when he isn't scoring. Doesn't set screens. Out of shape. Doesn't hustle.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

But on the bright side he went to college for a whole year and looks cool when he dribbles the ball. That's worth $20 million a year, right?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 995, 996, 997 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 996 of 1536
Jump to: