The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1002, 1003, 1004 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject:

Yes
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:
Any chances we retain him if he averages like 15/9 this year?

Is he more important than our team MVP, "cap space?"

Oh yeah, I forgot Magic is making decisions.

Funny how Magic is getting bashed right and left for these decisions and Pelinka is hardly ever mentioned. Do we really think Magic is making these moves on his own?

For me it`s funny how many guys here think they have more knowledge of the game than Magic Johnson
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Funny how Magic is getting bashed right and left for these decisions and Pelinka is hardly ever mentioned. Do we really think Magic is making these moves on his own?

For me it`s funny how many guys here think they have more knowledge of the game than Magic Johnson

That too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Funny how Michael Jordan thought so too when he drafted guys like Kwame and Morrison.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Funny how Michael Jordan thought so too when he drafted guys like Kwame and Morrison.

Magic turned out a great basketball coach, also.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject:

The problem is there are "Magic Johnsons" in the GM/personnel industry. They cut their teeth not on the basketball court but in places like MIT, and under the wings of other experienced front offices. They worked their way up through hard work and innovation.

Magic may be the man on the court, but off the court, he's just another guy.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Magic turned out a great basketball coach, also.

Nearly identical winning percentage to Luke Walton in his time with the Lakers. Would you say there is a large enough sample size to condemn Luke as a coach?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It's very simple. I love Magic Johnson from the bottom of my heart. But I won't spare him any criticism if I think he's not doing a good job.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's very simple. I love Magic Johnson from the bottom of my heart. But I won't spare him any criticism if I think he's not doing a good job.

Magic is my favorite ATHLETE ever. I grew up idolizing him.

That being said, he is in a whole different arena. Guys like Morey/Ainge/Myers/Buford...those dudes are the Magic Johnsons in the GM/basketball ops world.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Even if he drafted 2 busts, his Hornets are well developed group of talent.
C'mon, maybe Magic/Jordan will never be the greatest in evaluating draft prospects, but they can evaluate players, that are 2 years in the league.

I'm not gonna say it was a real good move, to trade Russell, but time will tell. And it's not that we got only trash back. Maybe the point in tim for this trade was not optimal, though we have no clue what the plan for this season is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

C'mon, maybe Magic/Jordan will never be the greatest in evaluating draft prospects, but they can evaluate players, that are 2 years in the league.

I'm not gonna say it was a real good move, to trade Russell, but time will tell. And it's not that we got only trash back. Maybe the point in tim for this trade was not optimal, though we have no clue what the plan for this season is.

My point is that the best teams today, are run by the "Magic Johnsons" of the GM/Personnel world, guys like Bob Myers (non NBA star), RC Buford/Pol (non NBA star), Morey (non NBA star), Ainge (former NBA player, non star), Hinkie (RIP, non NBA star).

The teams who are tire fires? Teams like the Knicks. Magic did not cut his teeth off court in learning the game. I hope the Lakers don't pay for that inexperience.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

My point is that the best teams today, are run by the "Magic Johnsons" of the GM/Personnel world, guys like Bob Myers (non NBA star), RC Buford/Pol (non NBA star), Morey (non NBA star), Ainge (former NBA player, non star), Hinkie (RIP, non NBA star).

The teams who are tire fires? Teams like the Knicks. Magic did not cut his teeth off court in learning the game. I hope the Lakers don't pay for that inexperience.

Lakers are run by Rob Pelinka who is a shark.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

You know Orcas kills sharks?
Slash&Splash
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think they already have. And it seems like they're itching to do more of the same.

This franchise will not learn as long as the Buss family is in charge. You can't run a multi billion dollar NBA franchise like a mom and pop shop.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Bryant and Kuzma drafted today.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Slash&Splash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think they already have. And it seems like they're itching to do more of the same.

This franchise will not learn as long as the Buss family is in charge. You can't run a multi billion dollar NBA franchise like a mom and pop shop.

Bingo. The problem starts from the top. Only willing to hire within the family. That kind of incest is how you end up with the Hapsburgs.

At some point you need an infusion of outside talent. Hell, I was ecstatic about Luke but he's another former Laker... did we even consider if a guy like Kenny Atkinson would have been better?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bingo. The problem starts from the top. Only willing to hire within the family. That kind of incest is how you end up with the Hapsburgs.

At some point you need an infusion of outside talent. Hell, I was ecstatic about Luke but he's another former Laker... did we even consider if a guy like Kenny Atkinson would have been better?

Kenny got hired super (bleep) quick. I think the FO hadn't even fired Byron yet. I cant remember tbh.

!...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
tox wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kenny got hired super (bleep) quick. I think the FO hadn't even fired Byron yet. I cant remember tbh.

Right, but that was more a matter of our FO moving really slowly to fire Byron. I think they took their own pace because they were already set on Luke. If they actually considered Kenny (or Scott Brooks or Thibs...) they'd have fired Byron earlier.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We've had success hiring outsiders (Bill Sharman and Phil Jackson), and we've had success hiring former players (West, Riley, Kupchak). We've also had outside failures (Del Harris) and failures from former players (Byron Scott). It's not as black and white as you make it out to be.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Came in for the scoop on Jr

leaving quietly
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Orcas are the aholes of the sea man, sharks arent even that bad if you leave them alone. Orcas go around looking for trouble.

!...
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

JR started it all for us. he was our first lottery pick since bynum. i remember being super stoked about drafting him. i still like him, but don't see all star potential in him. i will be sad to see him go for PG13
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Magic is my favorite ATHLETE ever. I grew up idolizing him.

That being said, he is in a whole different arena. Guys like Morey/Ainge/Myers/Buford...those dudes are the Magic Johnsons in the GM/basketball ops world.

Magic is not the GM dude, it's Rob. Guy's got a pretty strong track record when it comes to his business acumen, and and top if that he's a basketball guy that understands the game. Do you not think he's in the same league as a Bob Myers, or any of the other guys you mentioned? He's cut from the same cloth as all those guys.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
matigol wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Orcas are the aholes of the sea man, sharks arent even that bad if you leave them alone. Orcas go around looking for trouble.

Only if you're a shark or a seal
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1002, 1003, 1004 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1003 of 1536
Jump to: