The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1037, 1038, 1039 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Are people really freaking out about a Drew League game.........

People were freaking out about him playing in the Drew League last year too.

And they freaked out over Randle's preseason games also.

Julius has been steadily improving but the complaints are always the same.

Jules has a track record of not playing hard on defense and taking plays off. So it is disappointing to see that this has not changed this offseason.

Does he have a ton of talent and potential? Heck yes! Does he play with consistent effort. No. It is a big problem IMO.

The point is that you can't say that "his defensive effort hasn't changed this off-season" based on some damn Drew League highlights. It's glorified rec center pickup ball.

I'd say it's like complaining about the lack of defense in the NBA all star game, but even the all star game is treated more seriously than the Drew League by players.

Hell, the Summer league is going on right now and you don't see a ton of defensive effort in those games either.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

with Lonzo, the table is set for Julius to have some monster games so we'll probably find out pretty quick if he is THE ONE or not, probably within the first 20 games of the season if there are no major injuries. If Jules hasn't put up some big games by then, it's questionable whether he should get a huge contract when there will probably be other options available.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

bahahahahaha some of y'all are crazy lol. Never change.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Jules has a track record of not playing hard on defense and taking plays off. So it is disappointing to see that this has not changed this offseason.

Does he have a ton of talent and potential? Heck yes! Does he play with consistent effort. No. It is a big problem IMO.

The point is that you can't say that "his defensive effort hasn't changed this off-season" based on some damn Drew League highlights. It's glorified rec center pickup ball.

I just don't like his approach to the game. Sure it is Drew league, it's OK that I don't try hard all the time. It morphs into, sure its just the summer league or its just the pre-season. The games don't matter.

I really hope I am wrong and that he will actually provide consistent effort this upcoming season. If not, he will be gone from the team. That lakadaisical approach to the game from him will not cut it any longer. It is up to him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

I just don't like his approach to the game. Sure it is Drew league, it's OK that I don't try hard all the time. It morphs into, sure its just the summer league or its just the pre-season. The games don't matter.

I really hope I am wrong and that he will actually provide consistent effort this upcoming season. If not, he will be gone from the team. That lakadaisical approach to the game from him will not cut it any longer. It is up to him.

This might be the most absurd thing I've ever read on this forum. Seriously. You've just failed at logic, badly.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

My point is that some players want to win no matter what type of game they are playing. See Lonzo. Then there are players who do not appear to be all that competitive. See Randle.

IMO the difference is night and day. I hope that Randle sees the light. Seems logical to me.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
My point is that some players want to win no matter what type of game they are playing. See Lonzo. Then there are players who do not appear to be all that competitive. See Randle.

IMO the difference is night and day. I hope that Randle sees the light. Seems logical to me.

I watched the video and there was a questionable defense mishap but then I saw him try on multiple block attempts. So it seems like you're overdramatizing.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Except that by most accounts Randle is incredibly competitive. You're grossly overreacting to and embellishing what's in those Drew League clips.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Except that by most accounts Randle is incredibly competitive. You're grossly overreacting to and embellishing what's in those Drew League clips.

I am just reacting to his body of work. He has consistently coasted on D since day one. I am looking for signs of improvement with that regard.

He does appear to be a competitive guy. He says the right things, stays in the gym and out of trouble. He is not dating a Kardshian.

It is just that when it comes to playing the games, he does not do the little things like give forth consistent effort on D.

I am hoping that playing with Lonzo will energize him on both ends of the floor.

I know he is still young but we are going on 4 years with the Lakers ORG and a season of college. Clarkson spent 4 years in college and going on 4 with the Lakers and he still does not play D either. So I am not sure if some guys will ever "get it" on the defensive end despite having the tools to be good to great defenders.

I am hoping that Randle can turn this around this season. He has no choice either he plays hard on both ends of the floor this season, or we won't bring him back. It is as simple as that.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

I'm just disappointed we didn't see him practicing his jumper in a game situation. Even if it was just Drew League, it's still better than spending all your time practicing against air.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I'm just disappointed we didn't see him practicing his jumper in a game situation. Even if it was just Drew League, it's still better than spending all your time practicing against air.

He did knock down a couple of jumpers. One short step back in the post, and an off foot fall away from mid range.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Lol if Randle went full bore in the drew league he'd hurt someone.

Why would he play and not play his hardest? Because he's a human being and it's a fun way for him to participate and contribute to the local community.

Have some perspective man it's about the community, not his ego.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Randle better stop lifting weights and start working exclusively on his three point stroke for the rest of the summer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Randle better stop lifting weights and start working exclusively on his three point stroke for the rest of the summer.

Is there some reason that you think a player can't do both?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

If you're gonna be so emotionally invested, the least you could do is keep up.

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Every time Kuzma does good, people are like Randle watch out. I see no reason we can't keep both plus Nance and just dump Zubac and/or Clarkson in a potential Deng deal. Or just for assets in general. We're going small most of the time anyway so Randle/Nance can play backup C minutes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

Too many think he is still first year Randle.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

he should start packing for the move to okc in february.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

Besides the one half court shot, wheres the 3 point range?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

nothing emotional about it, just calling it like I see it. He's got an expiring contract, a large cap hold, and fierce competition at his position. The pressure is high for him this year.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

Most of those are mid-range.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

he's had videos of nice 3pt streaks and such. https://t.co/m5kHuoC5rt
Ireland has reported that he's made 20 in a row.
Personally I've seen his lower body twist be really pronounced and detrimental at game speed, so I'm a bit skeptical. Nance was a good 3pt practice shooter, a lot of players are.

Zach Lowe‏Verified account @ZachLowe_NBA 8 May 2015
Kris Humphries went 70-of-85 on 3s after practice today. We talkin' bout practice, not a game, practice -- still cool to watch.

So my take, is a skeptical view --- but I'm also officially rooting for Kuz, contract situation and shooting being at the forefront of my mind.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

Personally I've seen his lower body twist be really pronounced and detrimental at game speed, so I'm a bit skeptical. Nance was a good 3pt practice shooter, a lot of players are.

Kris Humphries went 70-of-85 on 3s after practice today. We talkin' bout practice, not a game, practice -- still cool to watch.

So my take, is a skeptical view --- but I'm also officially rooting for Kuz, contract situation and shooting being at the forefront of my mind.

As it should be. In game shooting is night and day from practice shooting.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
MJST wrote:
dao wrote:

I don't think I've seen your analysis of Kuzma's shooting stroke. How would you grade its purity?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1037, 1038, 1039 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1038 of 1536
Jump to: