The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1052, 1053, 1054 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randle and Brandon Ingram putting in work into the late hours #gymrats

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFnsZ2sUQAAYmJD.jpg
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Randle is going to beast this year. No one can say the guy didn't do everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, he could this summer. Seems like he has gone Kobe this summer.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Randle is going to beast this year. No one can say the guy didn't do everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, he could this summer. Seems like he has gone Kobe this summer.

I think 16/8/4 is realistic
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Not holding my breath on this one. I'm sure a week from now someone will pop up in here saying they want to see him working on his jumper.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Not holding my breath on this one. I'm sure a week from now someone will pop up in here saying they want to see him working on his jumper.

It doesn't matter how hard you work, the only thing that matters is results.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

But to think that one is not related to the other then it is flawed thinking.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

"Don't confuse activity with productivity." - John Wooden.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

It's a refreshing to see JR approaching the season with such dedication and effort.
Julius knows that this is a contract season therefore he is trying to take his game to another level. Good for him!

Can't wait to see the end results.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Neat.

He's not doing 1000 curls a day. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing.

Do you really not see his talent? Do you not see his athleticism? Have you not seen him adjust to the league?

If he keeps this up, most nights he's going to be the baddest hombre on the court.

He will have an agility/speed, strength or both advantage on essentially every player in the league. Can you imagine when he's actually a grown man?

I will be the first to admit I don't watch many games if the Lakers aren't playing, but I believe I'm familiar with the general strengths and weaknesses of most starters in the league.

Open question, especially because it's the off-season.

Can you name 3 players both quicker and stronger than Julius?

Lebron

Of course strength/quickness doesn't automatically equal success, but he also has a boatload of talent and he's shown it.

Every single weakness he has, multiple times he's shown he's capable of being at the very least average at. Consistency is key, and what breeds consistency like repetition.

At this point, from what I've seen they're are only two** reasons he won't break out next year.

1. He's all talk, and won't really commit to defense.
2. The coaching staff has failed him. I believe mentorship is one of the most important things for any young person in any situation.

Some of y'all are acting like you've never improved at something you worked hard towards. At this moment, I can't think of anything I couldn't get better at if I worked as hard as Julius is working right now.

*This one I can't stand. Out of all his "weaknesses" this one is just poop. When he uses his right hand, which he does more and more, it's usually successful.
**Health permitting.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

6 percent body fat is amazing. not even sure how he did that so quickly and frankly i dont care.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Yeah, like to see some footage where he is working on his jumper.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

Huge year for Jules. I'm rooting that he will play himself into being so indispensable that the Lakers will ask the 2 max players to take nominal haircuts to keep a bruising PF to do the dirty work on the glass for them.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Randle been busting his butt this summer to at least physically improve himself... which is what we all want of all our young players, actually of all our players... why the diss?
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

Even though it's the Drew League, it was really encouraging to see him using his right hand more and knocking down that corner three.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

I have always said that he shows a great ability to get wherever he wants to on the court with the ball.

He just needs to work at finishing with more authority inside and obviously gaining confidence in a jump shot.

But to me his biggest area that simply has to improve if he wants to be a Laker going forward is his defense and overall effort on the court. If it was a conditioning issue and that has now been rectified as indicated, let's see a change in that regard on the court because that part is overdue for him.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Huge year for Jules. I'm rooting that he will play himself into being so indispensable that the Lakers will ask the 2 max players to take nominal haircuts to keep a bruising PF to do the dirty work on the glass for them.

Yup. I really hope he starts playing smart defense, setting hard screens, and doing the kinds of dirty work that guys like Tim Duncan took so much pride in. The main reason I haven't been high on Randle's game is that he's always struck me as a player who fancies himself a star that doesn't need to do these things. I hope he proves me wrong this year.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I have always said that he shows a great ability to get wherever he wants to on the court with the ball.

He just needs to work at finishing with more authority inside and obviously gaining confidence in a jump shot.

But to me his biggest area that simply has to improve if he wants to be a Laker going forward is his defense and overall effort on the court. If it was a conditioning issue and that has now been rectified as indicated, let's see a change in that regard on the court because that part is overdue for him.

I don't buy the conditioning excuse. You either choose play D or you don't. BUT I am hoping that he may finally realize that if you want to get that contract you have to put in work on that end of the floor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

If you can't do it in a contract year, chances are you won't or can't do it period.

Huge year for him. Hope he absolutely slays it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I don't buy the conditioning excuse. You either choose play D or you don't. BUT I am hoping that he may finally realize that if you want to get that contract you have to put in work on that end of the floor.

All of Julius' coaches have quotes about his lackluster conditioning and how it disallows him from playing hard for long stretches. Conditioning shouldn't be under appreciated by fans just becuase it's a prerequisite
And you can literally see him gassed on the court, too, you gotta be able to see it

Dame Lilliard is a bad defender, his number 1 objective this offseason is to improve his conditioning...
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

very impressed with the transition in JR. Can't wait to see how all that work translates to the floor.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
very impressed with the transition in JR. Can't wait to see how all that work translates to the floor.

You can't say his jumper and body don't look promising. Excited to see how they perform
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

If he is making the effort to really become a better athlete, shooter, and defender; then both HeAnd the Lakers will be rewarded this year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

He was practicing right hand floaters last night
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Most of us aren't confusing that, you seem to be leading that charge though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

JM wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Yeah, like to see some footage where he is working on his jumper.

Maybe read this thread?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1052, 1053, 1054 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1053 of 1536
Jump to: