The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1054, 1055, 1056 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
But whereas Julius has gotten in the best shape and conditioning in his life. But Clarkson has always been in good shape and conditioning but hadn't improved his jumper or played defense despite no excuse to why not.

just using your logic...being in excellent shape has not helped Clarkson, but it is magically going to do wonders for Randle? If Clarkson has no excuse for his jumper (which is better than Randles) or his defense (who provides much more effort than Randle), then what is Randles excuse in these areas?

I'm actually remembering several instances last year where he would get winded easily and would be running on fumes earlier. I could see how that impacts defensive effort if he was really getting that run down
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:
But whereas Julius has gotten in the best shape and conditioning in his life. But Clarkson has always been in good shape and conditioning but hadn't improved his jumper or played defense despite no excuse to why not.

just using your logic...being in excellent shape has not helped Clarkson, but it is magically going to do wonders for Randle? If Clarkson has no excuse for his jumper (which is better than Randles) or his defense (who provides much more effort than Randle), then what is Randles excuse in these areas?

I'm actually remembering several instances last year where he would get winded easily and would be running on fumes earlier. I could see how that impacts defensive effort if he was really getting that run down

Exactly. And I don't want to make this a Julius vs JC thing, but when has JC ever shown the defensive flashes Julius has?

We're talking about a guy who made quite a few defensive game changing stops last year. He freaking denied James Harden on an iso with the game on the line and that's just one example from last season. He doesn't get enough credit.

In an iso situation with the game on the line I trust Julius defensively more than anyone on the team right now. Obviously in that situation he is able to give maximum effort, and when he does his talent shines through. This is why his conditioning is such a big element.

Where he needs help the most is team defensive concepts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle offers advice to Lonzo Ball

Quote:
“As far as Lonzo, he looked great. Everybody’s saying it but I can’t say it enough, you know, he makes the game easier for everybody. At the point guard position, you obviously can get your shot whenever you want to, but he’s always looking to make the easy play, the right play for other players and get them going and it works for him as well,” Randle said on Lakers Talk with Allen Sliwa on ESPN LA 710.

“So, you know, it’s a contagious way he plays and I think it’s going to be great for our team.”

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/07/28/los-angeles-lakers-julius-randle-offers-advice-to-lonzo-ball/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Randle is a more talented player than JC, but there is no reason both can't play well.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Randle is a more talented player than JC, but there is no reason both can't play well.

Agreed, I expect both to improve & play well this season.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
“As far as Lonzo, he looked great. Everybody’s saying it but I can’t say it enough, you know, he makes the game easier for everybody. At the point guard position, you obviously can get your shot whenever you want to, but he’s always looking to make the easy play, the right play for other players and get them going and it works for him as well,” Randle said on Lakers Talk with Allen Sliwa on ESPN LA 710.

“So, you know, it’s a contagious way he plays and I think it’s going to be great for our team.”

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/07/28/los-angeles-lakers-julius-randle-offers-advice-to-lonzo-ball/

Quote:
While Clarkson praised Caldwell-Pope’s defense, outside shooting and toughness, he envisions Ball’s passing fundamentally changing how the Lakers run their offense.

“It makes the game a lot easier,” Clarkson said. “Guys are going to throw it out there. When you’re running the lane, you’re going to get it up there and advance the ball. That helps you play faster. It’s good to know you have a pass-first point guard who will make the right plays.”

Both Randle and JC seem to understand their future with the Lakers are tied to how well they adjust their games to Lonzo's this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

At best one of them can stay on the team in 2018. Chances are both may not be here this time next year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Randle had 28 and 18 in the Drew League. potentially that is the type of performances we might see next year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

At best one of them can stay on the team in 2018. Chances are both may not be here this time next year.

Or more likely they will both be here or prematurely moved for what amounts to no reason.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Randle had 28 and 18 in the Drew League. potentially that is the type of performances we might see next year.

No
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No

He was Top 5 in PFs who averaged double doubles it's certainly possible we will see a lot of 20/10 games unless you think he's gonna be more of a versatile player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

Or more likely they will both be here or prematurely moved for what amounts to no reason.

That makes no sense.

DLO/Moz were traded in anticipation of 2018 cap space. The plan is already set in motion, and Pelinka is already talking as if we have the cap space for 2 max in 2018.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

They have already made two premature moves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

According to you.

If their plan is to have 2 max spots in 2018, they are 1/3rd of the way there.

Step 2: trade or stretch Deng.
Step 3: trade JC or Jules, or renounce Jules.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.

If Kuzma was a half step ahead of most PF in summer league, I don't know many PF and even SF that can run with Julius. He has a huge privilege to share the floor with Lonzo Ball in a contract year.

Time to shine Dom Julio
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.

If Kuzma was a half step ahead of most PF in summer league, I don't know many PF and even SF that can run with Julius. He has a huge privilege to share the floor with Lonzo Ball in a contract year.

Time to shine Dom Julio

Yea. Thanks for sharing as well.
I'm reading too much into this... and must.. restrain myself from... mentioning D...
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

We don't need LeBron if Randle can average 28 and 18 next season
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.

Time to shine Don Julio

Fixed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Unfortunately you can't pass an opportunity to unload a contract like Mozgov, it is never premature enough when an opportunity rises.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No

He was Top 5 in PFs who averaged double doubles it's certainly possible we will see a lot of 20/10 games unless you think he's gonna be more of a versatile player.

There were 649 20/10 games in the NBA last year -- but only 13 28/18 games. Quite a difference between the two!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No

There were 649 20/10 games in the NBA last year -- but only 13 28/18 games. Quite a difference between the two!

Yes, tell me if my math is wrong, but I believe that would be 8 less points and 8 less rebounds?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No

I must have misunderstood the post I replied to, I thought 28-18 was an average. So I was wrong about that. A 28-18 game is possible but unlikely.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

If he can average even 2/3 of that - say, 19 and 12 - then there's a near-MAX player right then and there.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If he can average even 2/3 of that - say, 19 and 12 - then there's a near-MAX player right then and there.

I'm not allowed to talk about a player we sent away, but you don't unload a promising prospect to sign a 19 and 12 "max" player, you do that to go after a 24 and 12 max player.

I root for Julius, he seems to be a good no nonsense kid, but he has to put some huge numbers to justify sending away the kind of talent we send in a trade to get cap space.

What I expect from Jules is at least a rich mans version of Draymond Green including top notch defense because as good as Draymond is, he is like a 4th or 5th option on offense, you don't win a championship with Draymond as your "premier max" player.

A 19 and 12 player can be enough to dump Deng though, every season there is a franchise without championship aspirations paying high money for a 19 and 12 player like Paul Millsap. Those teams never win anything, but they compete.

Don Julius is under a NBA program for 4 seasons, he had a lot of floor time to develop, is going to play alongside one of the most incredible pass first guards in ages, there is no reason we can't expect a healthy Embiid like numbers from him considering Joel had this kind of productions barely playing the game in 3 seasons on a team with mediocre guards setting him.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
I'm not allowed to talk about a player we sent away, but you don't unload a promising prospect to sign a 19 and 12 "max" player, you do that to go after a 24 and 12 max player.

I think you are missing the point. While I also probably wouldn't have dumped Russell, if the Lakers are going to land two max players they would do so before resigning Randle, when his cap hold would be at a cheaper price. That allows them to sign other guys and then sign him to an extension afterwards. They can't do that for incoming guys, but they can for their own.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1054, 1055, 1056 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1055 of 1536
Jump to: