The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1062, 1063, 1064 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

Still hoping that ANYONE who is trying to work on a turn around/fadeaway/ post up shot should be getting work from Kobe.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Kudos & Congrats to Jules!

He's knows the importance of this season so he's putting in the extra work.

He also knows that the good folks on LG will roast him like a suckling piglet at a Hawiian luau if he doesn't come up big this season.

hahaha.. indeed *Omar voice*

It does get brutal over here at times.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Back to the topic of Julius Randle.

MJST wrote:
Julius Randle working on his Jumpshot 3

Enjoy!

A turnaround righty jump hook? Nice.

I'd like to see him start to do these at game speed (unless he is doing that before the cameras roll).
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
Still hoping that ANYONE who is trying to work on a turn around/fadeaway/ post up shot should be getting work from Kobe.

kobe tew busy gettin THICC to help train the youngins
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

Magic said Julius is going to have a breakout season. I've seen nothing in his workout videos that give reason to doubt that. The things he's practicing are going to make him a far better, more unstoppable scorer than he has been. Playing with Lonzo, multiply that × 10, 15, maybe up to 20 %.

It's funny when I read posts questioning whether his work will translate to the court. Practice, dedication, and hard work translate. Magic knows what he's talking about and a lot of doubters will be surprised.
Doubles
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

Nick Young at the wedding xD

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/893827055741054976
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Doubles wrote:

Swaggy is such a clown
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

The people who think we should let Julius go after next season will quickly cease to exsist once the season starts.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

That jump shot looks tasty, hopefully it carries playing against the living.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
The people who think we should let Julius go after next season will quickly cease to exsist once the season starts.

I hope you're right. The two most important things are 3pt shooting and defense. He regressed in both of these last season. Especially on defense.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Doubles wrote:

Check out some of the comments. "He is gone to the sunken place."
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Randle new moves look nice. Just hope we dont have to see him do 1) drive to basket doing a stutter/hesitation move driving left 2) drive right stutter/hesitation and spin back to finish left. Hope we get to see some offense variation to keep defenses guessing as well as defender.

Those two moves were pretty predictable for him last year
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

he hit a tree!!

Maybe at 6'9 you can defy some fundamentals that shorter players can't (the basket sure does look different at that height)
https://twitter.com/DrewHanlen/status/894412012008087552

There's only one variable that I think could thwart his shooting now, after seeing that shot, as well as his corner make a few days ago.

It's what Tracy Murray identified as his jumpers weakness, and it really is a big factor ----- his speed going into his jumper.. The less calm and slow Julius is going into his shot, the more his lower body twists. In his jumper above, he wasn't going fast out there, in fact it was right after the tip (a player's motor isn't running at that point)

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2016/02/20/lakers-shooting-coach-tracy-murray-details-julius-randles-emerging-jumper/
Quote:
What has gone into Julius’ progression with his jump shot?

Murray: “Slow down, slow down, slow down. But as a player, you don’t know if you’re moving fast until you see the video and until you know the tempo

" When he was going up fast, he was shooting the ball straight like it was coming out of a cannon.

So when he slows it down and is on balance and goes up, now he’s able to get it up over the air and into the rim. It’s about rhythm."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://youtu.be/Ehk4OAc4fYU?t=1m5s he hit a tree!!

Maybe at 6'9 you can defy some fundamentals that shorter players can't (the basket sure does look different at that height)

There's only one variable that I think could thwart his shooting now, after seeing that shot, as well as his corner make a few days ago.

It's what Tracy Murray identified as his jumpers weakness, and it really is a big factor ----- his speed going into his jumper.. The less calm and slow Julius is going into his shot, the more his lower body twists. In his jumper above, he wasn't going fast out there, in fact it was right after the tip (a player's motor isn't running at that point)

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2016/02/20/lakers-shooting-coach-tracy-murray-details-julius-randles-emerging-jumper/
Quote:

Murray: “Slow down, slow down, slow down. But as a player, you don’t know if you’re moving fast until you see the video and until you know the tempo

" When he was going up fast, he was shooting the ball straight like it was coming out of a cannon.

So when he slows it down and is on balance and goes up, now he’s able to get it up over the air and into the rim. It’s about rhythm."

yeah he really smoothly and calmly hopped into that jumper and stroked it with confidence. He hit some other jumpers as well, just isn't in the highlight.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Quote:

yeah he really smoothly and calmly hopped into that jumper and stroked it with confidence. He hit some other jumpers as well, just isn't in the highlight.

yea.. I mean, confidence can lead to over-twisting/not following through, as well - I'm not a "confidence is a super main factor" guy. Sometimes a guy takes an extra half second to calm himself/body before he shoots, and someone views that as not being confident. I've also seen Julius shoot half of his jumpers without hesitating, and he doesn't shoot any better % on those...(bad shooter any way you cut it)
It's a factor, but I'm not so heavy on it.
Wanted to get that off my chest, after seeing 1million "confidence" comments here.. Ijs. <3
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Quote:

yea.. I mean, confidence can lead to over-twisting/not following through, as well - I'm not a "confidence is a super main factor" guy. Sometimes a guy takes an extra half second to calm himself/body before he shoots, and someone views that as not being confident. I've also seen Julius shoot half of his jumpers without hesitating, and he doesn't shoot any better % on those...(bad shooter any way you cut it)
Wanted to get that off my chest, after seeing 1million "confidence" comments here.. Ijs. <3

Yeah, I guess the best way I could put it is that there's a more consistent follow through. When he shot it with confidence before he was still speeding up. This time around he just uses the hop into his shot and strokes it.

I think that 'speeding up' on the shot was one of his problems too, but the threes he's shot lately have been a lot smoother and calmer.

One thing I've been consistently seeing however is that leaning middie he's been doing in the lane. Saw it a bit last year, but he's been using it in the drew league as well. Seems to be more a shot of practice than of circumstance.

But I guess what I'm saying with the three is he's stroking it with the kind of repetition that comes with shooting 1000 threes a day, which he's been doing. When it becomes more natural, you speed it up less. Unless the defender forces you to.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Nice block on harden
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Nice block on harden

had one during the season as well , first game.. kid was balling on defense
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, I guess the best way I could put it is that there's a more consistent follow through. When he shot it with confidence before he was still speeding up. This time around he just uses the hop into his shot and strokes it.

I think that 'speeding up' on the shot was one of his problems too, but the threes he's shot lately have been a lot smoother and calmer.

One thing I've been consistently seeing however is that leaning middie he's been doing in the lane. Saw it a bit last year, but he's been using it in the drew league as well. Seems to be more a shot of practice than of circumstance.

But I guess what I'm saying with the three is he's stroking it with the kind of repetition that comes with shooting 1000 threes a day, which he's been doing. When it becomes more natural, you speed it up less. Unless the defender forces you to.

Yea I think that's a notch on confidence's cap. When you have that many reps, you have a confidence that you'll repeat the same correct stroke - and you also don't have to run into the shot salivating, you can just trust that it'll be one of many. I've seen him salivate at shots and step into them with so much bounce in his step and confidence, and then over shoot them. Hopefully he steps into his shots just like that one, pretty mildly (and the twist was still overt. So I really hope he isn't sped up more than that. just imo.)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

DLO is best suited for 6th man role with Crabbe starting.

Crabbe is unlikely to start. They didn't trade Brook/27th and absorb Moz's horrible deal to bring him off the bench. Nets are already starting to push Dlo as one of the faces of the franchise. Crabbe is already used to the bench role.

Ok. He didn't waive his 15% trade kicker to come off the bench.
There is a reason why nets management haven't given him the starting job.
DLO is nothing special

Salty.

Lol no

This quote chain is making me feel nostalgic. Remembering the good 'ol DLO thread.
Wish we could've seen DLO and Lin on the same Lakers roster. Just so I could've watched LG descend into chaos.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

KIROE. Just wondering. In your opinion who has better shot mechanics? Randle or ZBO.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KIROE. Just wondering. In your opinion who has better shot mechanics? Randle or ZBO.

I don't particularly like either.. ZBo's base is too narrow(combined with his body being turned), awkward set-up.
Randle's stroke is shorter, more concise, quicker - but his twist in the air could be a major limiting factor
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

i know you are asking kiroe, but its zbo for me. wayyy more compact, higher release.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

ratra_1211 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

i know you are asking kiroe, but its zbo for me. wayyy more compact, higher release.

Randle's is more compact at the top, doesn't use headspace - but his dip is pretty exaggerated. So yea, their shot's are about equally timed. I was thinking about their actual strokes too much, looked back and saw how much Randle's dips
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject:

GOT DANG

https://i.redd.it/lag1g44he9ez.png
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1062, 1063, 1064 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1063 of 1536
Jump to: