The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1070, 1071, 1072 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
The notion that Randle suddenly is working hard in a contract year is preposterous. His body underwent serious alterations from when he was drafted until last season. Last season he was saw improvement in his jump shot, finishing, defense, and passing. This is just a progression of that. However I think he realized that stamina was an issue for him and looked for ways to address it, as well as continuing to improve his jump shot.

I'm sure the fact that he is heading into free agency gives him extra motivation, but he's always been a hard worker.

His body transformation started after the injury year. Look at photo of his pre-injury rookie SL and last year. Then this year, he went 8 packs
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I have Randle's personal trainer coming on my podcast tomorrow to discuss his offseason workout regiment. Let me know if you have any questions.

I purchased one of his 8 week programs from his website. I'm 6 weeks in and the results are pretty significant. I'm down 13lbs and made big increases in strength and endurance.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I have Randle's personal trainer coming on my podcast tomorrow to discuss his offseason workout regiment. Let me know if you have any questions.

I purchased one of his 8 week programs from his website. I'm 6 weeks in and the results are pretty significant. I'm down 13lbs and made big increases in strength and endurance.

Which one did you get?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

With a bump to go back and watch again. Classic stuff

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Which one did you get?

Exo Burn.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
MJST wrote:
ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Which one did you get?

Exo Burn.

how may times/week you work out and how long is each session?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
MJST wrote:
ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Which one did you get?

Exo Burn.

That's the one I was planning to get as well.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ocho wrote:
MJST wrote:
ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Which one did you get?

Exo Burn.

how may times/week you work out and how long is each session?

7 days a week for about 2 hours a day. Theres a meal plan included.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

4 Young NBA Players that could become NBA STARS

Randle is 2nd
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Noice!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ruddog89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

Does anyone think Josh Smith is a good comparison for Julius Randle at this stage?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I could see it in some ways. Let's hope Julius' career turns out way better. Julius is a much harder worker than Josh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Randle's confidence in his range is through the roof right now this off-season, he's shooting trick shots and one legged floats from three and drilling them.

While I don't think he'll be doing that in games, it's nice to see the confidence in his range increasing, I'll make a vid later with it
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Randle's confidence in his range is through the roof right now this off-season, he's shooting trick shots and one legged floats from three and drilling them.

While I don't think he'll be doing that in games, it's nice to see the confidence in his range increasing, I'll make a vid later with it

Thanks!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

https://instagram.com/p/BYCoZN2FWZt/

Some mid range magic tonight
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://instagram.com/p/BYCoZN2FWZt/

Some mid range magic tonight

Can't wait to see him next year, might end up being the MIP
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject:

That would be a great goal.

Last edited by MJST on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

do it Mitch
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
MJST wrote:

Thanks!

No problem.

Julius Randle Working on his Jumper Part 4

Have fun
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

But, but, Randle can't shoot. I mean, we know this because he didn't shoot great or use his left hand a lot last year. Players can't change, can they?

I've seen the other videos and heard reports by Lakers staff that he's making 25 to 35 straight 3's while working out, yet people keep insisting that he currently can't shoot.

I'll probably stay out of some conversations until people start discussing factual points without the "Sasha was a great shooter in practice (according to Phil the exaggerator) so that doesn't mean anything."

Last edited by lakersboy on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Really looking forward to seeing his progress this season. I feel like he's a late bloomer between the injury and just how raw he was coming out and not really knowing how to play basketball. He plays younger than his age if that makes sense. I always refer back to Bynum who was as raw as a California roll but the difference is that he was 17-19 when he was taking his lumps whereas Ju was in his 20s already. If he were at his same level of competency but a year or two younger there would be more fans who are high on him and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I still feel he has a high ceiling and similar room for improvement as a younger player say like Zo or Gram.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Jumpers and off ball defense...those are two things preventing him from a 20m/year payday.

Hopefully he and his team have improved in these areas. He has some unique talents/skillsets, but some obvious weaknesses too. Should be a really interesting year.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Crazy dude.

https://www.popworkouts.com/kobe-bryant-workout-routine/

I got exhausted just reading that.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
MJST wrote:

But, but, Randle can't shoot. I mean, we know this because he didn't shoot great or use his left hand a lot last year. Players can't chat, can they?

I've seen the other videos and heard reports by Lakers staff that he's making 25 to 35 straight 3' while working out, yet people keep insisting that he currently can't shoot.

I'll probably stay out of some conversations until people start discussing factual points without the "Sasha was a great shooter in practice" (according to Phil the exaggerator) so that doesn't mean anything.

Factual point: Randle is a bad shooter

Hopeful point: Randle is working on his jumper and converting it when wide open in practice

Hopeful point 2: it was reported that Nance and his son were working on their jumpers and converting them in a high clip when wide open in practice

Factual point 2: Zubac was not shooting the lights out in summer league

Definite factual point: we have to wait untill pre season before we can talk about how improved are our players in actual game situation

I'm happy to see how Randle has been working on his body and his skillset, who knows if he can turn himself into a relevant and coveted young prospect, that would be great for us both keeping or moving him.
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Link to his site? I wouldn't mind trying out one his programs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1070, 1071, 1072 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1071 of 1536
Jump to: