The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1293, 1294, 1295 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
trablos wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Julius Randle addresses Mavs trade rumors

Quote:
"Whatever happens, happens," he said. "At the end of the day, I can only control what the player can control -- and that's my energy and effort going out there, being a professional.

"Dallas is my hometown. Obviously, I love the city of Dallas. But right now I'm an L.A. Laker."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2018/01/13/dallas-native-julius-randle-reported-trade-rumors-involving-mavericks-obviously-love-city-dallas-right-now-la-laker

Did he just pull a Paul George?

That's exactly what it sounded like.

I swear sometimes you guys are worse than ESPN with how you read into things....

What the hell else is he supposed to say in that situation?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
trablos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:
"Whatever happens, happens," he said. "At the end of the day, I can only control what the player can control -- and that's my energy and effort going out there, being a professional.

"Dallas is my hometown. Obviously, I love the city of Dallas. But right now I'm an L.A. Laker."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2018/01/13/dallas-native-julius-randle-reported-trade-rumors-involving-mavericks-obviously-love-city-dallas-right-now-la-laker

I swear sometimes you guys are worse than ESPN with how you read into things....

Just calling it like I see it. That's the point of a message board, right ? To talk about what we think ?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject:

Oh cmon that quote is obvious. He hasn't been happy all year here. That's a Paul George on Kimmel level quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject:

I haven't heard this yet, but supposedly Jay Mohr (dating Jeanie) heard from his inside sources that Randle isn't going anywhere. I can't verify that statement because I haven't heard it myself. What I did here on the Locked on Lakers Podcast is that Harrison said Randle is definitely gone, and GT (guest) said don't be so sure about that. He heard rumblings that there's a good chance Randle will still be here next season. If not, that probably means we got our two max free agents, so no one would be complaining about that.

Not sure if I'm supposed to copy and paste what I just wrote to the 4 other Julius Randle threads that were created just yesterday... 🙄
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

^^^^

The way Luke was talking about JR yesterday is the way you talk about a guy who is part of the long-term future. Looks like whatever was causing Luke to play JR so few minutes has been resolved.

These guys can all see what we see- JR is one of the best players on this team, he's improving and still has a lot of upside left. It would be foolish not to keep him around and see where he goes from here.

Even if you sign Lebron and PG, it's worth it to send out 2 picks to move Deng and keep Randle.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
^^^^

The way Luke was talking about JR yesterday is the way you talk about a guy who is part of the long-term future. Looks like whatever was causing Luke to play JR so few minutes has been resolved.

These guys can all see what we see- JR is one of the best players on this team, he's improving and still has a lot of upside left. It would be foolish not to keep him around and see where he goes from here.

Even if you sign Lebron and PG, it's worth it to send out 2 picks to move Deng and keep Randle.

Never understood the Luke hates Randle theory. This was imo FO pushing something. Who knows where it stands now, but if you asked Luke he would say 100% he wants Randle as part of the core.

I’m just not sure if too many bridges haven’t been burned.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

We need a big game from Blondie today.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
epak wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
trablos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Just calling it like I see it. That's the point of a message board, right ? To talk about what we think ?

But right now
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I haven't heard this yet, but supposedly Jay Mohr (dating Jeanie) heard from his inside sources that Randle isn't going anywhere. I can't verify that statement because I haven't heard it myself. What I did here on the Locked on Lakers Podcast is that Harrison said Randle is definitely gone, and GT (guest) said don't be so sure about that. He heard rumblings that there's a good chance Randle will still be here next season. If not, that probably means we got our two max free agents, so no one would be complaining about that.

Not sure if I'm supposed to copy and paste what I just wrote to the 4 other Julius Randle threads that were created just yesterday... 🙄

So you're saying there's a very good chance he stays, or leaves, from what you heard. But you haven't heard it yet.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
epak wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
trablos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

But right now

Paul George: I would love to "play" in my hometown
Julius: I love Dallas (hometown)

If those 2 statements sound the same to some, then we're at an impasse. Cuz it sounds different to me.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
epak wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
trablos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

But right now

Paul George: I would love to "play" in my hometown
Julius: I love Dallas (hometown)

If those 2 statements sound the same to some, then we're at an impasse. Cuz it sounds different to me.

If you're being technical they're different but to me its the same.
The only real difference in the two scenarios is one is a RFA the other is a UFA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Oh cmon that quote is obvious. He hasn't been happy all year here. That's a Paul George on Kimmel level quote

At least Dallas only has one NBA team, George has 2 in LA to pursue.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/83955831-a6dc-35c1-88ab-372cfc1eeda7/ss_lakers-trade-rumors%3A-teams.html
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/83955831-a6dc-35c1-88ab-372cfc1eeda7/ss_lakers-trade-rumors%3A-teams.html

Dang it. I was bamboozled by the url.
It actually continues to a Lakers Nation article which sources ESPNs Bobby Marks.

Quote:
“The biggest obstacle is that he’ll be a restricted free agent in the offseason. In talking to teams, they feel that instead of giving up an asset or first-round pick for Randle, they can just go out and sign him. Give him an offer sheet in the summer and not give up an asset. … If [Lakers] keep him, that’s an indication that they’re going to retain him when we get into the summer.”
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

So you're saying there's a very good chance he stays, or leaves, from what you heard. But you haven't heard it yet.

Thanks (bleep)! 😆
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Eh. Because the precedent Cp3 set for bringing the Clippers back, went so well -- imagine replicating that without Deandre (gotta go for capspace).
Yea I'm shaking in my boots about The Clippers here
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Eh. Because the precedent Cp3 set for bringing the Clippers back, went so well -- imagine replicating that without Deandre (gotta go for capspace).
Yea I'm shaking in my boots about The Clippers here

They have Jerry West who has been very effective at convincing FAs to move. And they were his favorite team growing up. If West can sell him on the Clipper vision as he did with Shaq, Kobe and KD, who knows.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

It actually continues to a Lakers Nation article which sources ESPNs Bobby Marks.

Quote:
“The biggest obstacle is that he’ll be a restricted free agent in the offseason. In talking to teams, they feel that instead of giving up an asset or first-round pick for Randle, they can just go out and sign him. Give him an offer sheet in the summer and not give up an asset. … If [Lakers] keep him, that’s an indication that they’re going to retain him when we get into the summer.”

That was another rookie error by Maginka telling everyone about their 2 max plan. They may have been able to get something for randle if teams didn't know the lakers were desperate to clear cap.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Quote:

That was another rookie error by Maginka telling everyone about their 2 max plan. They may have been able to get something for randle if teams didn't know the lakers were desperate to clear cap.

But did u read his logic?
Teams might not try to get Randle cuz they think they can give him an offer in the summer. Then he said if the Lakers keep Randle passed the deadline, they might sign him? Lol. What?

He's also disregarding teams that may want him to improve the team this year.
Hope something happens.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Quote:

It shouldn't be a surprise to most because it is a similar philosophy to what the Lakers FO plans to do. Conserve assets and wait until the summer to pursue players in free agency.

Of course the Lakers can accept/match an Offer Sheet that Randle signs, but there should be other opportunities for teams that want to change up their rosters.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

I am a big Maglinka guy, but I do agree that you don't need to show your cards early.

Even though it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to know the Lakers would prefer to bring in some established star players as that has always been the M.O. here.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Agreed 100%.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

What an absolute joke. He has the tools but his IQ is Javale McGee status. At least McGee knows his limitations at this point in his career. Randle wants to be someone he's not. You're not Embiid in the post, you're not Lamar Odom on the break and you're def not Dirk with the jumpshot.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

He isnt nearly as good as he is hyped up to be here, mostly because he always struggles against size. It is very predictable, whenever he faces a real big, its almost a guarantee that he will struggle.
Sell high IMO.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Glen Davis with muscle and opportunities.

He would be playing 10-15 minutes in Pop's system. If that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1293, 1294, 1295 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1294 of 1536
Jump to: