The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1298, 1299, 1300 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It is interesting hearing diverse opinions, the Pacer announcers think it would be stupid to move Randle for cap space.

Hopefully that's the level of value that other teams have.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
It is interesting hearing diverse opinions, the Pacer announcers think it would be stupid to move Randle for cap space.

Likely when he is a RFA. But you tankers never give up.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Likely when he is a RFA. But you tankers never give up.

Or before. Don't give up, captain tank.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luke referred to him as the defensive captain. He has been a big part of our defensive turnaround, being able to match up on 1-5 gives us flexibility.

Yes.

Truth of the matter is

Is there a better center in free agency? Yes, DeMarcus Cousins obviously

But is there a better power forward in free agency? No

Julius gives us a lot of advantages and helped the team discover it's defensive identity, Luke has been back to painting him with glory for what he does so thats a good thing.

Julius wanting Luke to be rough on him is another good character trait.

Jules is a keeper, the only reason people want to trade him is they are afraid that he's too good for us to low ball with a contract. Instead of embracing that and being happy we drafted him they are trying to move him in hopes that a free agent that isn't coming, will come.

This is the kind of backwards thinking I will be happy when it leaves from some Lakers fans mentalities.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luke referred to him as the defensive captain. He has been a big part of our defensive turnaround, being able to match up on 1-5 gives us flexibility.

Yes.

Truth of the matter is

Is there a better center in free agency? Yes, DeMarcus Cousins obviously

But is there a better power forward in free agency? No

Julius gives us a lot of advantages and helped the team discover it's defensive identity, Luke has been back to painting him with glory for what he does so thats a good thing.

Julius wanting Luke to be rough on him is another good character trait.

Jules is a keeper, the only reason people want to trade him is they are afraid that he's too good for us to low ball with a contract. Instead of embracing that and being happy we drafted him they are trying to move him in hopes that a free agent that isn't coming, will come.

This is the kind of backwards thinking I will be happy when it leaves from some Lakers fans mentalities.

Keeping all our options open is a good thing.
Julius most likely doesn't get traded unless it's for an all star (if possible).
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I just find it funny how people are saying Randle is our back up plan and we can possibly resign him... look at his body language and how he's always singled out by Luke Walton, why would he want to resign here? If I was him, I'd be counting down the days t'ill I'm gone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
I just find it funny how people are saying Randle is our back up plan and we can possibly resign him... look at his body language and how he's always singled out by Luke Walton, why would he want to resign here? If I was him, I'd be counting down the days t'ill I'm gone.

You aren’t him and you obviously pay no attention to what Randle has been saying about Luke. If he goes elsewhere it will be for financial reasons.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

You aren’t him and you obviously pay no attention to what Randle has been saying about Luke. If he goes elsewhere it will be for financial reasons.

So you're allowed to assume the reasons why he would stay or leave but I can't assume?

Body language > words in front of the media
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Randle is not the most touchy-feely guy. He does not get super excited about teammate's dunks and stuff. It's fine, that's his personality. It just looks worse than it really is because we are losing.

When you see Curry with a towel above his head on the bench, does anyone worry about team chemistry and all that? Not really cause they win.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

I think that's Randle's general body language. He doesn't mask his emotions very well. You can see it when he's communicating with anyone. Often using hand motions or facial expressions. When he is pulled, or when he's having a bad game you can see it in his body language. That's part of the edge to his personality, and while I'd like to see him internalize that more (so it can't be used against him), body language is natural. It takes conscious effort to mask it.

I do think Randle is frustrated by what he perceives as being singled out (wrongly in his mind) by the coaching staff. But I also think Luke in some cases is trying to push his buttons. Sometimes its worked, sometimes it hasn't. I thought in the last game for example he pulled him 4 minutes into the third over what Randle didn't feel was fair. But he inserted him back for some run at the end of the quarter. And when he did Randle was challenging everything. That's what I think Luke's intention was. Randle had a pretty good stint, but then was frustrated again when Luke brought Nance back in to close the game. I'm sure from his viewpoint he had to be thinking, "what do you want from me?" But at the end of the day the coach is going to make the moves that he thinks is best for the team at the time. Nance had played a better overall game than Randle to that point.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

It was said one of the reasons Hayward didn't resign with the Jazz was because they were hesitant to give him the max contract last time when he was a free agent. It is reasonable to assume Randle wouldn't want to stay here too. This doesn't have to be because of Luke.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

So you're allowed to assume the reasons why he would stay or leave but I can't assume?

Body language > words in front of the media
Even if you're correct about his body language, at the end of the day, he is a RESTRICTED free agent, if the Lakers are willing to match any other offer sheets, he doesn't have a choice but to stay.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
We keep taking him out. Kuzma has given up 5 dunks because he doesn't even attempt to help on defense

As long as we win

You should trash Julius in here

20/10...?

Im gonna crack up at the team that needs Julius to score 20 a game.

It's hilarious like the Heat being a playoff team with James Johnson as a trusted scorer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
We keep taking him out. Kuzma has given up 5 dunks because he doesn't even attempt to help on defense

As long as we win

You should trash Julius in here

20/10...?

Im gonna crack up at the team that needs Julius to score 20 a game.

It's hilarious like the Heat being a playoff team with James Johnson as a trusted scorer.

Not sure if u're agreeing with me or disagreeing?
1. JJ is at 10 ppg, and he's the 8th highest scorer on that team
2. I don't think the Miami Heat is the goal for the Lakers. If it is, then instead of laughing, I'll be crying.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

Literally look one....page... back X_X

MJST wrote:
Julius Randle says he embraces being singled out by Luke Walton: "It builds leadership."

While many have wondered if Randle is unfairly criticized by the coaching staff, Randle said he embraces being singled out by Walton as the player who sets the tone for the Lakers’ toughness.

“It’s part of a leadership position,” Randle said. “It’s good that guys kind of look after you, the energy and what you bring to the court and kind of follow that. It’s cool.”

On Friday it was revealed that Randle might have had an excuse for some of his struggles in Oklahoma City, at least in the second half. During the game he jammed his left ring finger and suffered a mallet fracture.

“I’ll be fine,” said Randle, who despite the injury started against the Pacers on Friday. “Luckily it’s on my right hand, so it’s not a big deal. Obviously, something I can play with, so I am not worried about it.”

Randle said he suffered the injury when Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook hit his hand, making Randle the second Lakers player to suffer an injury after an encounter with Westbrook.
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/01/19/julius-randle-embraces-coachs-challenge-to-be-lakers-bully/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well there you go.

MJST wrote:
[Ganguli] Julius Randle said he doesn’t believe Luke Walton called him out after the OKC game. Said “some people twist the words.” He has spoken to Walton in the past about setting the tone for toughness. Says that’s part of being a leader.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/954437874279055360

Not surprising.

Also not surprising that he wants it tough.

Easy to see why Pop and Kobe are high on him.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

It was said one of the reasons Hayward didn't resign with the Jazz was because they were hesitant to give him the max contract last time when he was a free agent. It is reasonable to assume Randle wouldn't want to stay here too. This doesn't have to be because of Luke.

Agree, if he signs elsewhere it will likely be because of finances, not Luke. I don’t think he has an issue with Luke, I will leave that to the couch psychologists.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I was at the game versus the Pacers. When Randle got yanked early in the third quarter, he seemed absolutely pissed off. Him and Luke talked for a good amount of time, and Randle looked very animated. Larry tried to give JR a high five as he came on the court, but JR didn't really reciprocate.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Monster game by Randle tonight, 27/12/5/1 on 11/17 shooting.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

wow
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Great game
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Great game by JR. Is it too much to hope that a team like the Mavs will offer him a reasonable contract on the assumption that the Lakers won’t match, and the Lakers match it if they can’t get both max FAs by the time the three days are up (if they get a max FA at all)?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Randle took Kanter's lunch.

Can't play Kanter! That's what Billy D is screaming somewhere...
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

His body language looked pretty good today. It said I am the man get out of my way.

The guy is 23 years old and has played as well as anyone on the team this year. He does it all except for the outside shot. He should be a core player.

Now if you trade him in a package for a young superstar like Cousins or PG13 that would be reasonable. Otherwise you keep him and continue to develop him.

Ball, BI, Kuzma, Randle are the young core we should build around unless we get bowled over with a great deal for a true max player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Great game by JR. Is it too much to hope that a team like the Mavs will offer him a reasonable contract on the assumption that the Lakers won’t match, and the Lakers match it if they can’t get both max FAs by the time the three days are up (if they get a max FA at all)?

Two days
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

In the last 4 games Randle has played 30 or more minutes (33 average in those 4 games): 26PPG/14RPG/5APG on 41 for 64 FG's about 64%...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1298, 1299, 1300 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1299 of 1536
Jump to: