The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1300, 1301, 1302 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject:

Impressive game by Julius, Porzingis is one of the best rim protectors in the league and the Knicks allow the 2nd least points in the paint in the league but Julius went through him like he wasn't there.

Feels like Julius can pretty much get to the rim and score on anyone with his athleticism and strength, the only bad matchups are the brick walls who are bigger than him like Embiid and Steven Adams
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Impressive game by Julius, Porzingis is one of the best rim protectors in the league and the Knicks allow the 2nd least points in the paint in the league but Julius went through him like he wasn't there.

Feels like Julius can pretty much get to the rim and score on anyone with his athleticism and strength, the only bad matchups are the brick walls who are bigger than him like Embiid and Steven Adams

Julius finally learned that he needs to always be in motion to attack Porzingis. He even got an offensive rebound and brought it back out to re-set rather than attack Porzingis and his freakish standing reach from a standstill.

Now...will he remember to do that against other behemoths?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

I like Randle more than Cousins, although he is still not as good as the later yet. Randle is very unique: his combination of speed and strength, cope with his ball handling skill make him a very good big for small ball. Cousins is a better traditional big but lack of conditioning will affect his speed and defense a few years later. No a good fit with our young core
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

Keep the beast!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ingle wrote:

Julius finally learned that he needs to always be in motion to attack Porzingis. He even got an offensive rebound and brought it back out to re-set rather than attack Porzingis and his freakish standing reach from a standstill.

I almost cried when I saw it.
I expected him to try to finish when surrounded by 4 defenders, as he always does.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Julius Randle 27/12/5 vs Porzingis

Missed the game. Thanks for posting this. He played like a lottery pick that is gonna force Maginka to re-sign him this summer. He took it to their entire front line - especially the unicorn. His low center of gravity, power, and quickness was on full display in those highlights. All he needs is a consistent jumper to put it all together. He's only 23? Sky's the limit for him. And he's still years from his prime. Nice.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ingle wrote:

I almost cried when I saw it.
I expected him to try to finish when surrounded by 4 defenders, as he always does.

I actually stood up and cheered for that play and just nodded silently in approval for all of his dunks. I hope that's a sign of smarter things to come, but I expect he'll take a couple steps back the next time he faces Rudy Gobert.
incontrol__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Be interested to see a comparison of when Randle has a mediocre/poor game against opponents vs his second/next game against them. Haven't looked anything up (yet) so it's mostly anecdotal but it's felt like he's done a really good job of adjusting to his mistakes against teams/players this season.

That and his just overrall play this season has made him a 'must keep' for me. Dude's looking like our hopefully next contender team's Odom, to me. A wildcard that is incredibly hard for teams to match up against. Add in that he seems to be continually developing a deeper understanding of the game and himself and he is very exciting.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Julius brought it.
There's things that I'd like him to clean up, like passing a little bit sooner on the break (the one where he got the charge called on him for example). But he had 5 dimes including two sweet ones to Larry for dunks, and only 2 TOs. Limited mistake equals to good things.

There's no way you can complain about a

27 point (11/17 65% FG, 5/6 83% FT)
12 rebound (4 offensive)
5 assist (2 tov)

game with a WIN.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Randle has improved his low post moves which seems to go unnoticed. His spin move is sick and he is starting to show a baby hook. Yes he needs a mid range game but his low post game has improved and continues to improve.

He and Clarkson or Ball are deadly and Caruso show promise with him also.

I think there is more that we can take advantage of with his passing but that will depend on how Luke deploys him.

He runs the fast break pretty darn good and is really fast.

His defense is really good but I would like to see come better switching in the low post.

Give him a serviceable outside shot and he is a off the charts and a true star. I think given decent minutes he is a 18/10/4 player which is really good.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

Imagine Randle with a consistent jumpers
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Reed on Twitter:Reed@Reed_nba

Quote:
This is one of several reasons I want LA to hold on Randle till this summer and work now to maintain the relationship - we might just be able to secure a talented, starter-level, improving young player on a deal that returns value...

In many/most offseason, Randle would have landed a multi-year deal at $15-20M per year, and LA would have paid/matched to retain him. But this summer’s market should work to suppress his salary and perhaps facilitate a rare value contract for his player type.

Regarding Randle ... Players coming off their rookie contracts who are (1) not stars, but (2) too good to let leave for nothing, are often a danger zone w/r/t contract value, as teams pay heftily to retain young talent they have invested in.

I strongly doubt that whatever Randle would return on the trade market would provide more value than having his restricted rights this summer.

Quote:
@Alex_Regla09
Replying to @Reed_nba
Indeed, I believe Pincus claimed the going rate would be around the exception , 8-11 mil? Which in Randle’s case would be a fantastic bargain.

@Reed: This is what I’m hoping for — a long term deal at $8-12M, which would be a positive asset going forward. Randle’s market is going to be thin, so I think it’s within the realm of possibility.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

This is why I would hold onto him and JC until the summer.

But if you had to choose one, for whatever reason, this is why Jules makes sense b/c if you need to make space for 2 max, you can do it with stretching Deng/renouncing Jules; if we strike out on FAs again, you can sign him to a reasonable deal (or match or even do QO if things go south).
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
This is one of several reasons I want LA to hold on Randle till this summer and work now to maintain the relationship - we might just be able to secure a talented, starter-level, improving young player on a deal that returns value...

In many/most offseason, Randle would have landed a multi-year deal at $15-20M per year, and LA would have paid/matched to retain him. But this summer’s market should work to suppress his salary and perhaps facilitate a rare value contract for his player type.

Regarding Randle ... Players coming off their rookie contracts who are (1) not stars, but (2) too good to let leave for nothing, are often a danger zone w/r/t contract value, as teams pay heftily to retain young talent they have invested in.

I strongly doubt that whatever Randle would return on the trade market would provide more value than having his restricted rights this summer.

Quote:
@Alex_Regla09
Replying to @Reed_nba
Indeed, I believe Pincus claimed the going rate would be around the exception , 8-11 mil? Which in Randle’s case would be a fantastic bargain.

@Reed: This is what I’m hoping for — a long term deal at $8-12M, which would be a positive asset going forward. Randle’s market is going to be thin, so I think it’s within the realm of possibility.

Would he be OK with signing for 10-12? Would he be OK with not starting? Money is only one factor.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
@Alex_Regla09
Replying to @Reed_nba

Would he be OK with signing for 10-12? Would he be OK with not starting? Money is only one factor.

Money is always a big factor! However IMO a lot will depend on who & if we sign the max guys and if he's interested in playing with them and the Lakers. At that point, it will be his call one way or another.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Randle has improved his low post moves which seems to go unnoticed. His spin move is sick and he is starting to show a baby hook. Yes he needs a mid range game but his low post game has improved and continues to improve.

He and Clarkson or Ball are deadly and Caruso show promise with him also.

I think there is more that we can take advantage of with his passing but that will depend on how Luke deploys him.

He runs the fast break pretty darn good and is really fast.

His defense is really good but I would like to see come better switching in the low post.

Give him a serviceable outside shot and he is a off the charts and a true star. I think given decent minutes he is a 18/10/4 player which is really good.

He had a little hook off the glass for a score that I don't remember seeing before.

That'd be a great pet move for him if he can get comfortable with it.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
@Alex_Regla09
Replying to @Reed_nba

Money is always a big factor! However IMO a lot will depend on who & if we sign the max guys and if he's interested in playing with them and the Lakers. At that point, it will be his call one way or another.

Yes definitely, I don't think the decision will be or should be made until the off season.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is why I would hold onto him and JC until the summer.

But if you had to choose one, for whatever reason, this is why Jules makes sense b/c if you need to make space for 2 max, you can do it with stretching Deng/renouncing Jules; if we strike out on FAs again, you can sign him to a reasonable deal (or match or even do QO if things go south).

Yup. You need another team's help to dump JC and make space for two max. You don't need anyone's help to dump Randle.
incontrol__
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I would be ecstatic if we got Randle for a deal starting at 12 million a year. Hope we wind up being fortunate enough to get him at a deal that cheap.

Hopefully Dallas is spooked away or has other FA targets.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I dont see randle getting anything less than 18m
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I dont see randle getting anything less than 18m

Which teams with cap space is paying him that? Maybe Dallas (who tend to overpay guys like Barnes/Wes Matthews).
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Maybe 4 years 15m per is more realistic from lakers perspective. question is will he take that
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Best trade targets: Undervalued young players with potential | Lakerholics.Net
http://lakerholics.net/archives/103267

Best trade targets: Undervalued young players with potential
Julius Randle | F/C | Los Angeles Lakers

Contract: $4.1 million in 2017-18 (restricted free agent in 2018)

With the Lakers reportedly looking to shed Julius Randle’s contract before he hits restricted free agency, the former Kentucky bruiser would be an interesting option for longtime rival and Eastern Conference-leading Boston Celtics, who still have an injured player exception to work with after losing Gordon Hayward.

Fresh off a 27-point, 12-rebound, 5-assist performance against the Knicks last night, Randle is having a career year in L.A. with per-40-minute averages of 23.2 points, 12.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists. His decision-making often leaves much to be desired, as does his lack of a perimeter jumper, but he could be a pivotal bench piece for a switch-heavy team such as the Celtics, who would likely embrace playing him at the 5, where he has spent 77 percent of his minutes this season according to Cleaning The Glass. He has tremendous feet as a switch man and is an energetic bulldog getting downhill to attack second units. Randle also can squeeze into lineups next to Al Horford, as the veteran big man now spaces the floor out to 3.

Surrounding Randle with shooting, which the Lakers lack, allows him to be the aggressive driver, offensive rebounder and occasional playmaker he has shown impressive flashes of in L.A. Randle has been a hot name on the trade market this season, and head coach Brad Stevens could be the perfect coach to maximize his talents both in the interim and long-term. While striking a deal with cross-country rivals might not be all that realistic, from a basketball standpoint, Randle makes sense in Boston.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Giving up Randle in general in trade is a no, especially after his play and no guarantees in Free Agency and us having his Bird's Rights.

Giving up Randle to BOSTON!?!?!?!?!

[expletive] NO!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1300, 1301, 1302 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1301 of 1536
Jump to: