The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1303, 1304, 1305 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I've been damn hard on Jules...kid seems to have gotten it in the last 10 games. Effort has been outstanding...boneheaded fouls have diminished...double doubles are routine...can't trade him and he's convinced me that we better match any contract offer we can for this kid.

That being said I think he's our starting 5 with Kuz at the 4 and BI at the 2 with PG at the 3...that's a brutal starting lineup.

Kuzma might be our most mature player too...interviews exceptionally well...how teams passed on him...beyond me.

#BannersOverBillboards
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Great job by Julius fight through after that hard foul.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are 7-7 when he starts.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Nice stat; going to start calling you Tony Reali.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Don't need Boogie. Just add PG.

PG might not want to come alone though.

He's not-- we'd have Kuz, Zo, BI, Julius, and JC

but I agree... I think you have to take this opportunity to get the best C in the NBA and one of the best wings.

Like I said, if you could find a way to keep Julius and JC, and get those 2 guys, we'd be golden.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Double-double 14 points, 14 rebounds!!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:

Nice stat; going to start calling you Tony Reali.

Sorry. Credit Mike T.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I really hated Marcus Smart flipping all around Randle and the refs falling for it.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
I really hated Marcus Smart flopping all around Randle and the refs falling for it.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
I really hated Marcus Smart flipping all around Randle and the refs falling for it.

The refs allowed the Celtics to play physical which is the only way Julius knows how to play! Advantage, Randle!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Julius seemed to be smiling more today.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Horford played great D on Randle in the first quarter.

Loved seeing him sucking wind when he got sat at the end of the third(or beginning of the fourth).

Randle wore him down.

People can complain about his bully ball all they want, he makes the other team work and he makes them hurt.

This is how he can be a championship level player. As both a four and a small ball center, over a seven game series he's going to bully the other player(s) out of their game.

I'm also a strong believer that every year he has, and will continue to make less bad plays and more savvy ones. Prime Randle ain't gonna be nothing to mess with.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Randle with another solid double-double
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject:

IMO we may need to explore ways to retain both Julius and Clarkson. They are growing up and should be a part of the teams future.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
IMO we may need to explore ways to retain both Julius and Clarkson. They are growing up and should be a part of the teams future.

Tough to keep both with the two max plan. They would need to sell the two max players on taking a pay cut to keep one of Randle/JC. Even if you trade Deng with future picks, they would still need to take the pay cut.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Tough to keep both with the two max plan. They would need to sell the two max players on taking a pay cut to keep one of Randle/JC. Even if you trade Deng with future picks, they would still need to take the pay cut.

Paycuts would be nice but unlikely. It’s also unnecessary if we stretch Deng and trade JC especially if it’s Boogie + PG and not Bron + maxFA
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Paycuts would be nice but unlikely. It’s also unnecessary if we stretch Deng and trade JC especially if it’s Boogie + PG and not Bron + maxFA

Paycuts are necessary in the scenario we keep Randle and JC which is what the OP wants to do.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Personally I'm fine losing JC. He's a talented player but I think he's replaceable.

Julius though... he brings a lot to the table that very few guys can. And he's improved drastically every year. Imagine him at 27. I think that's a guy I want on my team.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle, RPM by year:
2015-2016: -2.75, -1.55, -4.30
2016-2017: -0.75, -1.03, -1.78
2017-2018: -0.45, +0.54, +0.09

Look at the upward trajectory, both offensively and defensively.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Personally I'm fine losing JC. He's a talented player but I think he's replaceable.

Julius though... he brings a lot to the table that very few guys can. And he's improved drastically every year. Imagine him at 27. I think that's a guy I want on my team.

I hope we can keep both! Clarkson's impact is underrated. Everyone says bench scorers are a dime a dozen but good ones really aren't. There's maybe 10 in the whole nba -> players that can consistently contribute scoring and embrace their role
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I hope we can keep both! Clarkson's impact is underrated. Everyone says bench scorers are a dime a dozen but good ones really aren't. There's maybe 10 in the whole nba -> players that can consistently contribute scoring and embrace their role

Hmm, I don't necessarily disagree that JC's skillset isn't easily replaceable. I think my main point of disagreement is that the kind of value you get from a one-way productive bench scorer is limited when you have legit stars on your team. Suppose we had prime Kobe back on this roster. I would argue that having more Josh Hart type players would be valuable than having Clarkson. In the 10-12 minutes Kobe rested, sure a guy like JC could be productive. But generally speaking, the defense + spot up shooting you get is more useful on a championship team with legit superstars.

That's what I mean by replaceable. It's not so much that you can find another guy who scores like he does, but rather that you can find other types of players to fill out your roster, instead of allocating 10% of the cap to a guy like Clarkson. I can't remember the last championship team that had a serious bench scorer on it. The Warriors have guys like Livingston (I don't count Iguodala as a bench player, but he fits the bill). Meanwhile, Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford have consistently sucked in the playoffs and their teams haven't made it very far.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject:

For me personally Jules is one of the most intriguing players in the league.
Sometimes he is on the edge to become star and sometimes he is complete garbage.
Actually still after so many games I do not know is he average player, good or great.
Its all in his head. If he can put that right he can become one of the best two way players in this league even without making shoots.
Its crazy how good he can be.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Horford played great D on Randle in the first quarter.

Loved seeing him sucking wind when he got sat at the end of the third(or beginning of the fourth).

Randle wore him down.

People can complain about his bully ball all they want, he makes the other team work and he makes them hurt.

This is how he can be a championship level player. As both a four and a small ball center, over a seven game series he's going to bully the other player(s) out of their game.

I'm also a strong believer that every year he has, and will continue to make less bad plays and more savvy ones. Prime Randle ain't gonna be nothing to mess with.

No doubt. This kid is muscle and hustle at the top level. Outplayed an all star big tonight
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

Horford is a big softie though, Julius eats these guys alive since they just can't deal with his athleticism and aggression. If he can go up against the John Leuers and Horfords of the league every night then Julius is a max/MVP level talent.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
For me personally Jules is one of the most intriguing players in the league.
Sometimes he is on the edge to become star and sometimes he is complete garbage.
Actually still after so many games I do not know is he average player, good or great.
Its all in his head. If he can put that right he can become one of the best two way players in this league even without making shoots.
Its crazy how good he can be.

People REALLY need to keep in mind that Julius just turned 23 a few months ago.

Sometimes the way people talk about him you'd think he was in his late 20's.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1303, 1304, 1305 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1304 of 1536
Jump to: