The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1393, 1394, 1395 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:
governator wrote:
"It would be tough to say no to L.A., honestly," Randle said with a chuckle when asked how much he wants to remain a Laker. "It is the place that drafted me. I would love to be here. I have to do what is best for the family and hopefully they want me here as well."

"It would definitely be interesting because we are building something. We really see our young core developing, so it would definitely be something interesting," Randle said recently of playing with James only after insisting he has his mind focused on finishing the season strong for his team. "I played with [Kobe Bryant]. ... What you learn from Bean as far as mentality and just the little things, his work ethic, I would love to play with Bron and learn the same things.

DO IT MAGIC!

He won't pass on the opportunity to play with LeBron and Paul George to go to (bleep) Dallas.

Waiting for Adam Silver to fine Randle for tampering.

When you do think about it. If LeBron actually DID mentor Randle, aside from Ben Simmons and Giannis, Randle is probably one of the few guys that would actually be able to utilize what LeBron taught him IF LeBron decided to mentor him or come here in the first place.

You mean he's not dying to be on Dirk's farewell tour and rebuild all over again in Dallas instead of playing with LBJ?

I'd assume not lol but it depends imo if the Lakers try to severely low ball him or not.

Then again all it'd take is Julius taking a picture next to LeBron with them both sweaty and shirtless on a basketball court and it shall become a 100 page thread

Didn't Jules/PG13 have such a picture last summer?

That was more a class photo

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/mDtvCm9g5X5OWcyflk261i2WF4c=/0x0:541x306/1200x800/filters:focal(276x48:362x134)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54832715/screenshot.134.0.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of this

http://thespun.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-08-at-11.02.27-AM-1.png

which is the "friends at the prom" photo, but without the suits.

Or you could do the "waiting outside the principles office with the kid you know is going to tell" picture variant too

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/SWpraIwOB4eZFh83qOG9sIHs4ts=/0x0:1208x1020/1200x800/filters:focal(508x414:700x606)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55683311/Screen_Shot_2017_07_12_at_1.45.06_PM.0.png
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Man, Jules/LBJ together means you're in for a LONG night. Keep Brook and you're just going to have a physical team pounding you all night.

Jules/LBJ probably is something the rest of the league prays won't happen.
sAM sHILE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
IT is the first player on the team in the entirety of randle's career (after kobe) who is passionate about winning.

Randle himself is also passionate about winning. He's been on losing teams all these years and of all the players on the teams it was always only randle who you could see it really bothered. Now we have another player that really wants to be the best and to win in tiny Thomas. That's why they do so well together, and why we should keep him.

No offense to the other young players but they're still too immature.

In March 2013, Randle returned for the TAPPS 5A playoffs and led his team to its third state title in four years. He went on to help Kentucky reach the national championship game. Randle has been on winning teams most of his career. He has only been on losing teams during rebuild. I think your misunderstanding. Most of his teammates hate losing, but understand rebuild. Big difference
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, Jules/LBJ together means you're in for a LONG night. Keep Brook and you're just going to have a physical team pounding you all night.

just imagine Lonzo leading a break with Julius on one wing and LeBron on the other wing, who in the league is gonna want to step in front of either of those freight trains
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

sAM sHILE wrote:
In March 2013, Randle returned for the TAPPS 5A playoffs and led his team to its third state title in four years. He went on to help Kentucky reach the national championship game. Randle has been on winning teams most of his career. He has only been on losing teams during rebuild. I think your misunderstanding. Most of his teammates hate losing, but understand rebuild. Big difference

I meant laker years
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

just imagine Lonzo leading a break with Julius on one wing and LeBron on the other wing, who in the league is gonna want to step in front of either of those freight trains

That is a scary thought. Then you have trailers like Ingram, George or Kuzma that can hit or create even if the defense plays LBJ and Randle perfectly. Dang, anyone else on the court (Hart or Lopez) could hit a 3 as well. It's not only that they run the break so well but that they are threats at any level of the play.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That is a scary thought. Then you have trailers like Ingram, George or Kuzma that can hit or create even if the defense plays LBJ and Randle perfectly. Dang, anyone else on the court (Hart or Lopez) could hit a 3 as well. It's not only that they run the break so well but that they are threats at any level of the play.

We would be a lot more physical than GS even with our death lineup vs their death lineup. Complete switchability on defense and 4 rim runners along with 4 3-point shooter.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Last night's game really is the perfect example how a superstar can make a whole difference on a team. As much as I like to have Randle back, if given a choice between getting Lebron or keeping Randle, I have to say Lebron,

Great summer would be to have Lebron, George and Randle next season, but me dream summer will be to have Lebron, Randle, Lopez & IT back. Bi is just the early stages George and as much as I love George he is not a difference maker in my opinion.

Zo,Bi,Lebron,Randle,Lopez
IT, Hart, Kuz (Bench)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Last night's game really is the perfect example how a superstar can make a whole difference on a team. As much as I like to have Randle back, if given a choice between getting Lebron or keeping Randle, I have to say Lebron,

Great summer would be to have Lebron, George and Randle next season, but me dream summer will be to have Lebron, Randle, Lopez & IT back. Bi is just the early stages George and as much as I love George he is not a difference maker in my opinion.

IT, Hart, Kuz (Bench)

There is about a .00000000001% chance that LBJ/IT play together again.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

IT, Hart, Kuz (Bench)

Reason I said my dream yinoma . I doubt also that Lebron will go here w/o a sidekick. I know IT n Lebron had beef, but last night IT n Randle had beef also. Competitive players just want to win n a lineup where IT come off the bench with Kuz and Hart would be a nice.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

IT, Hart, Kuz (Bench)

Reason I said my dream yinoma . I doubt also that Lebron will go here w/o a sidekick. I know IT n Lebron had beef, but last night IT n Randle had beef also. Competitive players just want to win n a lineup where IT come off the bench with Kuz and Hart would be a nice.

Better chance that Trump and Hillary get married IMO.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
His finishing at the rim has gone from a weakness to a strength.

It warms this old man's heart every time he dunks on someone inside, keep it up Young Beast!

Julius is the success story of our rebuild, if the rest of the young guys can put in the work and improve at Julius' rate then we will be a title contender in 3 years.

If we're talking just contention (say 50+ wins or top 4 seed), I think even sooner than that, with the space they'll still have for one max contract and other free agents.

Like you said, Randle is the success story of the Lakers rebuild. He's the fulfillment of all the recent years of tanking - and what a bitter pill that strategy has been to swallow for many proud Laker fans. Randle's reaching the level the Lakers can still only hope Ball and Ingram eventually reach. Personally, I see Ingram becoming a very good, consistent player, but not dominant in any single area. Ball is still a work in progress, and he's a rookie, so there's time.

Randle is becoming the kind of star some people rationalize tanking for. And just as he's reaching new levels of his potential and justifying the team's investment (of time and prime draft pick, etc), some fans want to bail on him in favor of a 34-year-old prima donna who, as great a player as he is, has been no guarantee of success outside the Eastern Conference, and who brings along tons of baggage and mileage and demands. Ask Kyrie Irving.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

IT, Hart, Kuz (Bench)

I really think the "beef" is overblown. Lebron is not the type to take that stuff personally and he wished him luck after the trade. They're not buddy buddy like Bron and Wade, but I doubt there is enough bad blood between them to cause any locker room issues should they end up on the same team again.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
ingle wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

It warms this old man's heart every time he dunks on someone inside, keep it up Young Beast!

Julius is the success story of our rebuild, if the rest of the young guys can put in the work and improve at Julius' rate then we will be a title contender in 3 years.

If we're talking just contention (say 50+ wins or top 4 seed), I think even sooner than that, with the space they'll still have for one max contract and other free agents.

Like you said, Randle is the success story of the Lakers rebuild. He's the fulfillment of all the recent years of tanking - and what a bitter pill that strategy has been to swallow for many proud Laker fans. Randle's reaching the level the Lakers can still only hope Ball and Ingram eventually reach. Personally, I see Ingram becoming a very good, consistent player, but not dominant in any single area. Ball is still a work in progress, and he's a rookie, so there's time.

Randle is becoming the kind of star some people rationalize tanking for. And just as he's reaching new levels of his potential and justifying the team's investment (of time and prime draft pick, etc), some fans want to bail on him in favor of a 34-year-old prima donna who, as great a player as he is, has been no guarantee of success outside the Eastern Conference, and who brings along tons of baggage and mileage and demands. Ask Kyrie Irving.

If people take anything away from Julius' improvement this year it's that they need to be patient with young players.

Not every young player is going to come in and immediately tear up the league in their rookie year.

Julius averaged a double double his first full season in the league, no other player from his rookie class accomplished that feat and the only player from the following rookie class to do it was Karl Anthony Towns. That's nothing to sneeze at but for whatever reason it was dismissed by some and overlooked by others.

The following season Julius made improvements to his game across the board but those improvements were deemed to be not enough and some even claimed he hadn't improved at all (despite all evidence to the contrary).

Too many people focused on what Randle couldn't do well to the point where they ignored the flashes of greatness he had and couldn't see the things he could do that few players in the league are capable of doing.

Young players need to be given time to grow/develop and people should focus on their strengths instead of trying to force guys into being players that they're not. We see this garbage now with Lonzo ball where people keep insisting that he needs to be a scoring PG when that's NEVER been his game.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

IT, Hart, Kuz (Bench)

I really think the "beef" is overblown. Lebron is not the type to take that stuff personally and he wished him luck after the trade. They're not buddy buddy like Bron and Wade, but I doubt there is enough bad blood between them to cause any locker room issues should they end up on the same team again.

I bet there's some serious bad blood from Isiah's side.....and rightfully so.

Seriously look a the narrative surrounding IT and how it's changed since last season.....all the guy did was get hurt.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:
governator wrote:
"It would be tough to say no to L.A., honestly," Randle said with a chuckle when asked how much he wants to remain a Laker. "It is the place that drafted me. I would love to be here. I have to do what is best for the family and hopefully they want me here as well."

"It would definitely be interesting because we are building something. We really see our young core developing, so it would definitely be something interesting," Randle said recently of playing with James only after insisting he has his mind focused on finishing the season strong for his team. "I played with [Kobe Bryant]. ... What you learn from Bean as far as mentality and just the little things, his work ethic, I would love to play with Bron and learn the same things.

DO IT MAGIC!

He won't pass on the opportunity to play with LeBron and Paul George to go to (bleep) Dallas.

When you do think about it. If LeBron actually DID mentor Randle, aside from Ben Simmons and Giannis, Randle is probably one of the few guys that would actually be able to utilize what LeBron taught him IF LeBron decided to mentor him or come here in the first place.

You mean he's not dying to be on Dirk's farewell tour and rebuild all over again in Dallas instead of playing with LBJ?

I'd be more worried about Indy going after Jules. He's the perfect guy to pair with Myles Turner, who provides the floor-stretching and shot-blocking Julius does not. He's also the type of hard-nosed player Indiana loves. Worst of all, how much would Indy love to screw our perfect summer? All they have to do is decline the option on Al Jefferson, and they can offer close to 20 million a year.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:
governator wrote:

DO IT MAGIC!

I'd be more worried about Indy going after Jules. He's the perfect guy to pair with Myles Turner, who provides the floor-stretching and shot-blocking Julius does not. He's also the type of hard-nosed player Indiana loves. Worst of all, how much would Indy love to screw our perfect summer? All they have to do is decline the option on Al Jefferson, and they can offer close to 20 million a year.

They seem to really like Sabonis who's on a rookie deal for the next two seasons and also need to save up their money for a PG upgrade from the older Collison.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
danzag wrote:
governator wrote:

DO IT MAGIC!

They seem to really like Sabonis who's on a rookie deal for the next two seasons and also need to save up their money for a PG upgrade from the older Collison.

And turner is a RFA next summer and they will need to pay up.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Randle, Thomas and Lakers Free Agency

Quote:
Julius Randle is emerging as a big ticket free agent, and the Los Angeles Lakers find themselves in a tricky situation

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Lakers-free-agency-Julius-Randle-Isaiah-Thomas-477064233.html
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Randle is better than Paul George as of today.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Randle is better than Paul George as of today.

So, if the goal is winning a ring this year, you’re taking Randle over George?

Or are you just taking Randle because he’s five years younger and half the price?

When you say someone is better “as of today” the implication is that said player is the guy who will help you most in winning a ring or going deep in the playoffs.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
ingle wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Julius at 23 >>>> Lebron at 33

Now add in the baggage and it's not a contest, Lebron in LA would be by far the biggest circus in the NBA.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
ingle wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Now add in the baggage and it's not a contest, Lebron in LA would be by far the biggest circus in the NBA.

LeBron has baggage?

Here's the thing about not using the cap space while we've created it-- pretty soon we're going to start giving out extensions to pour young guys. If we can lock up LeBron/PG now, and keep Julius and the other young guys, we have to.

Besides, Julius/LeBron/Ingram/George/Lonzo + Kuzma/Hart is beastly.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

In the last 20 games Randle has played 30 or more minutes (34 average minutes in those 20 games): 22.6PPG/10.7RPG/3.8APG/ on 178 for 289 FG's about 62%...

PLUS A TEAM RECORD OF 12-8 IN THOSE 20 GAMES....
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
ingle wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
ingle wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

LeBron has baggage?

Here's the thing about not using the cap space while we've created it-- pretty soon we're going to start giving out extensions to pour young guys. If we can lock up LeBron/PG now, and keep Julius and the other young guys, we have to.

Besides, Julius/LeBron/Ingram/George/Lonzo + Kuzma/Hart is beastly.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1393, 1394, 1395 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1394 of 1536
Jump to: