The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1395, 1396, 1397 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Jules the first realized dividend of the tank. He's still got a ways to go to reach his potential but right this moment he's a legit #3 (of a big 3) in this league. Not a lot of those at 23 in the NBA. He, George and a max slot, either this summer or next is a damn good position to be in.

Yeah. It hinges on PG13 and whether he’s ok coming here without another all star FA. If he is I actually love a Pg13/jules/punt 1 max to 2019 Plan.

Same here. PG talked a big talk about always dreaming to be a Laker when he was at Indy. If OKC flames out because they have no depth nor defense in the playoffs I'd hope he realizes the all-star FA partner he's looking for is already on the team now with a long future. In fact, that can be said for a couple Lakers. Opposite of Carmelo. And Westbrook's going to be 30 next season.

Punting on the second max this year could help us outlive the Deng contract as well. More cap room for several years if we don't stretch $36M.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Last month, people were talking about 16M-18M for JR. I think the price has just gone up considerably. JR is showing his true form at the perfect time for him but at the worst time for us. If he was mediocre this season, we could have re-signed him maybe for 20M or less and then he could start to show all-star form next year, that would have been ideal for us. But if he's showing all-star form now right before signing a big contract, we gotta pay the man.

Not really. Not too many teams are willing to give a player like Randle 20+.

Dallas is the only candidate and I think they are trying to tank next year and sign FAs in 2019.

Lakers are lucky with the market being pretty restricted this year.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

People want to talk about it’s unlucky that Randle is playing like this so close to his free agency date because we can’t give him a Steph Curry value contract but keep in mind this is his pretty much his 3rd season. If he didn’t get injured and showed this improvement from year 3 to 4, he may be a Wiggins type max. We still may be giving Randle a undervalued contract at 20M just based on the improvement we have seen year over year.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Last month, people were talking about 16M-18M for JR. I think the price has just gone up considerably. JR is showing his true form at the perfect time for him but at the worst time for us. If he was mediocre this season, we could have re-signed him maybe for 20M or less and then he could start to show all-star form next year, that would have been ideal for us. But if he's showing all-star form now right before signing a big contract, we gotta pay the man.

Not really. Not too many teams are willing to give a player like Randle 20+.

Dallas is the only candidate and I think they are trying to tank next year and sign FAs in 2019.

Lakers are lucky with the market being pretty restricted this year.

I thought rule change regarding tanking takes effect next year so this is the last year for tanking? I think a lot of teams would be willing to offer JR the max and they'd make capspace for him if they don't have it. Dallas gave Harrison Barnes the max. Do you think Barnes is better than JR?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

What rules against tanking?
Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Codyb1010 wrote:
I do not think it is as difficult as people are making it first things first you offer randle 18 and george 20 and let go of lopez it and pope. Simple stuff really.

Pg13 is eligible for about 30m but you’re going to low ball him with 20m?
People are rediculous now. They just want to buy championships. George makes 20 a year now. He is not worth 30 mil a year maybe 21 22 max. No need to throw absurd money around.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Codyb1010 wrote:
I do not think it is as difficult as people are making it first things first you offer randle 18 and george 20 and let go of lopez it and pope. Simple stuff really.

People are rediculous now. They just want to buy championships. George makes 20 a year now. He is not worth 30 mil a year maybe 21 22 max. No need to throw absurd money around.

you must not have got the memo. He’s going to get multiple 30m max offers.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Codyb1010 wrote:

Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

What is george top 50 player in league? Top 30? Hes not worth a max contract.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:
What is george top 50 player in league? Top 30? Hes not worth a max contract.

Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

George is averaging 21 pts this year 3 assists 5 rebounds this year. Randle has better stats then that. Granted hes great 3 point shooter and densively. Hes not worth a max.
Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

Look at his last 10 games and his shooting and rebounds and assists. Its not that impressive he just jacks up alot of shots.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:
George is averaging 21 pts this year 3 assists 5 rebounds this year. Randle has better stats then that. Granted hes great 3 point shooter and densively. Hes not worth a max.

He will be paid the max, that is what you build into your contingency plans. It will happen. You pay to play or you play for the lottery.
Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Okay thent dont pay him. Get cousins. Build your roster with many great players instead of so called all stars.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

at this level of production, keeping Randle is going to kill the 2019 option unless we get no max free agent this summer.

If we want LeBron George AND Randle, we're going to have to work with all three to sign each in the correct order as well as overpay to get rid of Deng, since I seriously doubt LeBron & George would be willing to take enough of a haircut to merely stretch Deng.

We'd be locked in over the cap (but not by much) at that point, but the team would look pretty solid and be able to contend vs. Rockets & Warriors now as well as on the downslope off their windows. Fill in one more starter/role player with the room exception.Lots of great young pieces (even if we lose picks to rid ourselves of Deng)available to package for the inevitable disgruntled superstar too, should that be desired. Personally, hoping a James/George/Ingram/Kuzma/Ball core clicks and we have no desire to trade for anyone, but who knows? AD or even Giannis might be wanting out in a year or two.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:
Okay thent dont pay him. Get cousins. Build your roster with many great players instead of so called all stars.

Right, spend the max on the player who might never be the same. Not to mention that Cousins wants to stay in NO. Just as it is likely that George wants to remain in OKC.
Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

No im not saying spend the max on cousins. You spend less on cousins spread the money around to get better players. Why does it have to be 2 max contacts? And idk why eveyone is trying to buy a championship. Look at thunder 3 so called all stars no chance. Look we have some young talent that are gonna ve great players. Next year just improve make a great run. Stay the course. Why shell out extra money to force someones hand? As kobe said you shouldnt have to pay or beg players to come play in L.A.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:

My goodness. Did you just wake up from hibernation or something?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

It’s as simple as the top FAs will be paid the max. We can pay or go cheap, that is on the FO.
Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Codyb1010 wrote:

No honestly though I am more into NFl and maybe im getting mistaken on how contracts work in the NBA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Codyb1010 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Codyb1010 wrote:

No honestly though I am more into NFl and maybe im getting mistaken on how contracts work in the NBA.

Yeah it doesn’t work that way in the NBA.
Codyb1010
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Ya well thats pretty rediculous and stupid. Al Horford 28 million. Chris Bosh 25 mil. Otto potter 25 mil. Dwight howard 23.5 mil. Ha wow list goes on. I dont understand the format but man thats the dumbest thing ive ever seen.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Randle is going to be a Laker next year. We have is rights and can match any offer. There is nothing really to think about at this point it is going to happen. The question will be for how much will he be resigned.

As to whether we can also sign PG and or Lebron that is still to be answered. With Randle playing at an all star level for the last 2 months and BI emerging we have 2 other players that will be ready for prime time next season. Add 2 prime time player to PG & Lebron and you are talking deep into the playoffs.

On top of that we have 2 other players in Lonzo and Kuzma that are really talented and should be expected to take a big leap next year. That is not to bad either.

We will need to get rid of Deng and to dump him we have a combination of Cleveland 1st round pick, Hart, Zubac and Bryant. Someone like Dallas who is rebuilding might bite on getting Hart and a number 1 or Hart and Bryant with Deng but some combination should be able to be worked out that helps both teams.

Maybe KCP or Lopez comes back with the Mid Level exception.

If we only get PG or Lebron we probably bring back KCP with the other spot. Either way I think if we sign either one we are an upper tier playoff team next year. I think with our young core, our coach and front office we are an attractive destination and the only reason I can see Lebron passing on us is if he thinks we are too young.

The future looks bright and JR will be part of that future.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

You don’t trade Hart who has already proven to at least be a rotation player. His contract for the next 4 years is too team friendly to move him.

Him and Kuzma’s contracts are what will make this team able to build a championship caliber roster.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
You don’t trade Hart who has already proven to at least be a rotation player. His contract for the next 4 years is too team friendly to move him.

Him and Kuzma’s contracts are what will make this team able to build a championship caliber roster.

The hard question is would you trade Hart if he’s the Deng price? Or would you rather let Randle go and keep Hart/1st rd pick? I have to go with keeping Randle
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1395, 1396, 1397 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1396 of 1536
Jump to: