The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1424, 1425, 1426 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Let me preface this by saying I am not the biggest JR fan. That being said, the man is SERIOUS. He took a huge step last year. I believe it is within the realm of possibility that he takes another step forward (maybe not as big) next year. His work ethic and intensity are admirable and undeniable. I would hate to lose him and if we don't lock him up, we are going to regret it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The national media is simply badminton’ing back to you information you already had. … and I’ll repeat here for the record, an example:
Julius Randle might end up being a Dallas target, but I’m told the Mavs are aiming “much higher” than that. 1 min ago – via 247Sports

*Mavs Can Be interested In Whiteside - If Heat Sweeten Trade Pot

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Article/Mavs-can-be-interested-In-Hassan-Whiteside-If-Miami-Heat-sweeten-trade-pot-118548908

*Mavs Double-Pipedream: Conley/Whiteside How?

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Article/Mavs-Double-Pipedream-The-Fake-Of-Plan-A-And-The-Hows-Of-Signing-Conley-And-Whiteside-74983023
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
22 wrote:
I'll just leave this here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjGbq1rnSfu/?hl=en

Julius is working out like a man possessed....... TOTAL BEAST-MODE!

Mumble Rap. Every song is like mumbla mumbula mumbula whooooo... Somehwere Biggie is turning in his grave...
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but I believe that even if the Lakers were to trade Deng to a team with cap space, if they signed Lebron and PG13 to max deals, they could only pay JR a deal with a starting salary of just under $14 million. I'm pretty sure he's looking for more money that that.

James $35,350,000
George $30,300,000
Ball $7,461,960
Ingram $5,757,120
Kuzma $1,689,840
Hart $1,655,160
#25 Pick $1,750,000
Randle $13,773,460
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615

Total $101,000,000
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The national media is simply badminton’ing back to you information you already had. … and I’ll repeat here for the record, an example:
Julius Randle might end up being a Dallas target, but I’m told the Mavs are aiming “much higher” than that. 1 min ago – via 247Sports

*Mavs Can Be interested In Whiteside - If Heat Sweeten Trade Pot

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Article/Mavs-can-be-interested-In-Hassan-Whiteside-If-Miami-Heat-sweeten-trade-pot-118548908

*Mavs Double-Pipedream: Conley/Whiteside How?

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Article/Mavs-Double-Pipedream-The-Fake-Of-Plan-A-And-The-Hows-Of-Signing-Conley-And-Whiteside-74983023

They trying to build Miami Heat West, with all these Mediocre overpaid players. That team would be lucky to be an 8th seed. If you're gonna pipe dream you gotta dream higher than that
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

omzzzzz wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong here, but I believe that even if the Lakers were to trade Deng to a team with cap space, if they signed Lebron and PG13 to max deals, they could only pay JR a deal with a starting salary of just under $14 million. I'm pretty sure he's looking for more money that that.

James $35,350,000
George $30,300,000
Ball $7,461,960
Ingram $5,757,120
Kuzma $1,689,840
Hart $1,655,160
#25 Pick $1,750,000
Randle $13,773,460
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615

Total $101,000,000

The only number that matters is 12.4 million when it comes to Randle. The Lakers could max him in theory and sign bronze and pg so long as they have 12.4 in cap after signing pg and lebronze

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:

James $35,350,000
George $30,300,000
Ball $7,461,960
Ingram $5,757,120
Kuzma $1,689,840
Hart $1,655,160
#25 Pick $1,750,000
Randle $13,773,460
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615
Min Salary $815,615

Total $101,000,000

The only number that matters is 12.4 million when it comes to Randle. The Lakers could max him in theory and sign bronze and pg so long as they have 12.4 in cap after signing pg and lebronze

Oh that's right! His cap hold. Thanks!
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I hope we can find a way to keep Randle just not at too high of a price although I expect Dallas to make him a big offer.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

call me a prisoner of the moment, but whatever the heck draymond is doing rn Julius is already better than that.

Rockets guarding this man like 2010 Rondo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
call me a prisoner of the moment, but whatever the heck draymond is doing rn Julius is already better than that.

I saw what you saw. He was terrible, out there wasting space, posing on offense.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

He had the worst game of the series, that's all.

The championship run was prided on the fact that he could actually hit at least 1-2 3-pointers a game.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

I saw what you saw. He was terrible, out there wasting space, posing on offense.

Agreed. He picked it up in the second half, but his first half of game 6 was like that too

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

The championship run was prided on the fact that he could actually hit at least 1-2 3-pointers a game.

Agreed. I’m trying not to get too far ahead of myself. For me I just think Draymond has lost the “stretch 4” label he used to have
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed. He picked it up in the second half, but his first half of game 6 was like that too

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed. I’m trying not to get too far ahead of myself. For me I just think Draymond has lost the “stretch 4” label he used to have

Sure but he makes up for it by being a playmaker which is almost as good.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
22 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

Let's look at the other side of the ball.
He commands the defense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
22 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

He commands the defense.

His defense was also trash in the first half haha. Made Capela look like Orlando Dwight
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Draymond only had that "stretch 4" label for one season, look at his three point percentage every other year.

20.9%
33.3%
33.7%
38.8%
30.8%
30.1%

The only season he was a stretch 4 was 2015-2016 Season which was his best year. It had a lot to do as well as Curry going Super Nova with them being a 73 Win Team. But it's also why they had to get Kevin Durant to add longevity to that team.

Why? Because it would have been stupid for them to count on Curry's supernova season and Green's best season ever to continue as the standard for the next 3-4 seasons. Adding Durant added longevity to that team, and extended their run from one more season to about 3-4 more. You can watch Draymond and Curry playing now and understand they weren't gonna sustain THAT level of play over the next 3-4 seasons, and if they didn't have Durant, I don't think they win last year or are in the Finals this year.

Everyone keeps going "oh Durant joined a 73 win team", nobody on Golden State is playing at that level except for that season. If Curry was playing the way he played that season and Draymond was shooting 49% from the field and 38% from three, Golden State would have broken their own record. But neither Curry nor Draymond have returned to that form, so in reality, getting Durant added longevity to that team's run, and it was a very smart decision for all parties involved.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
22 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

He commands the defense.

His defense was also trash in the first half haha. Made Capela look like Orlando Dwight

Was it trash?
I thought he was making the right switches.
When they have you in a pnr lob situation, you have to stay or switch trusting your teammates to rotate.
KD had a pretty bad first half on rotations and boxing out for rebounds imo
But I'm going off memory. Numbers may show otherwise.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
22 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
22 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

He commands the defense.

Was it trash?
When they have you in a pnr lob situation, you have to stay or switch trusting your teammates to rotate.

Same i'm going off memory too lol. I was just rambling anyways, just some friendly banter. Very well could have been KD not doing his job either
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Draymond only had that "stretch 4" label for one season, look at his three point percentage every other year.

20.9%
33.3%
33.7%
38.8%
30.8%
30.1%

The only season he was a stretch 4 was 2015-2016 Season which was his best year. It had a lot to do as well as Curry going Super Nova with them being a 73 Win Team. But it's also why they had to get Kevin Durant to add longevity to that team.

Why? Because it would have been stupid for them to count on Curry's supernova season and Green's best season ever to continue as the standard for the next 3-4 seasons. Adding Durant added longevity to that team, and extended their run from one more season to about 3-4 more. You can watch Draymond and Curry playing now and understand they weren't gonna sustain THAT level of play over the next 3-4 seasons, and if they didn't have Durant, I don't think they win last year or are in the Finals this year.

Everyone keeps going "oh Durant joined a 73 win team", nobody on Golden State is playing at that level except for that season. If Curry was playing the way he played that season and Draymond was shooting 49% from the field and 38% from three, Golden State would have broken their own record. But neither Curry nor Draymond have returned to that form, so in reality, getting Durant added longevity to that team's run, and it was a very smart decision for all parties involved.

Agreed. Durant met the spacing needs left by Dramond reverting to the norm
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
epak wrote:
22 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
22 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

He commands the defense.

Was it trash?

Same i'm going off memory too lol. I was just rambling anyways, just some friendly banter. Very well could have been KD not doing his job either

Quote:
Tough night for Draymond Green so far...

- 2-6 FG (1-3 on uncontested FGA)

- Warriors are 1-5 off his passes (All 5 FGA have been contested)

- Allowed 14 Pts on 6-9 FG as a primary defender, the most Pts allowed by anyone in the half.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1001285343675641856

knowin Draymond he was prolly trollin them with his effort for the first half
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:
epak wrote:
22 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
22 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
22 wrote:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:

He commands the defense.

Was it trash?

Quote:
Tough night for Draymond Green so far...

- 2-6 FG (1-3 on uncontested FGA)

- Warriors are 1-5 off his passes (All 5 FGA have been contested)

- Allowed 14 Pts on 6-9 FG as a primary defender, the most Pts allowed by anyone in the half.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1001285343675641856

knowin Draymond he was prolly trollin them with his effort for the first half

22... always friendly banter...
Thanks Anf. Perhaps his defense was bad the first half? Would love to see what constituted being the primary defender and how much of that was from Capella scoring.

Re: Julius, I think Julius' offense is advancing passed Greens. I still think Green has the defense on Julius. But this may be the year that it comes together for Jules, which is scary if it does.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

anf coming in with them actual factuals

If that happens epak I'd be a very happy man!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1001903423988486144

Ok. Sign Julius
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Retain the beast!!!!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1001903423988486144

Ok. Sign Julius

All three are CAA clients, with Randle and George sharing the same agent within CAA (Mintz).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1424, 1425, 1426 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1425 of 1536
Jump to: