The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1436, 1437, 1438 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Pelinka also already mentioned Julius and how proud he was of the work he put in and continued to put in when he was talking at the draft combine. It was one of his points of emphasis and example about the off-season as it was happening.

But if you'd like to hang onto everything Pelinka says or doesn't say, you can just go ahead and assume that Lonzo, Kuzma and Hart are getting traded because Pelinka said in the presser that he was happy Lonzo, Kuzma and Hart were taking the off-season seriously "regardless of what's happening this summer". last night.

So if you want to take that literally.. you'd assume one or all three are being shipping out.

But that'd be silly
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
so Rob talks about Lonzo watching film with him and Magic, then starts naming the rest of our young guys (Kuz, BI, Josh), but doesent mention Julius.

starts talking about Lonzo at 13:35, mentions Kuz, BI and Josh at 14:40

make of it what you want...

Julius is a free agent

restricted, so hes still our player technically, no?

and i want Julius to stay, would rather 1 max and keep him than 2 maxes and lose him, just found this one bit of the interview interesting

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Randle won't be a Laker next year.

Yeah, he's as good as gone. It's just bad timing.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

That's yet to be determined...

Trading Deng is key. Let's see how this next week turns out
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

The draft was our best opportunity to trade Deng. That doesn't mean there won't be others, but the mere fact that, today, we now have one less opportunity to trade Deng does worsen the odds of trading him and, thus, worsens the odds that we will keep Randle. Sucks, but true. I still have hope we can keep him, but this was a blow to those hopes.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
That's yet to be determined...

Trading Deng is key. Let's see how this next week turns out

After yesterday, this isn't happening. Don't get your hopes up. Teams aren't going to help LA, and taking an albatross deal for a couple potentially late first rounders isn't going to get anyone excited.

So you'll have to give up more, and don't start with a non prospect like Zubac. Maybe Hart and two first rounders? You'd give that up to keep Randle, a guy who would be a very questionable scheme fit and who you'd have to pay a lot to retain?

Only way Randle is back as I see if (if they get two max guys) is Lebron takes like a 10-15 million dollar pay cut off the max. Don't hold your breath.

Randle is the price for Lebron/PG, and I ahve no issues with that. It's a numbers game and someone has to go. Frankly, I believe Randle has become fairly overrated here the last couple months. I think he's a stats guy on a lousy team.

Last edited by lakers4life78 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
The draft was our best opportunity to trade Deng. That doesn't mean there won't be others, but the mere fact that, today, we now have one less opportunity to trade Deng does worsen the odds of trading him and, thus, worsens the odds that we will keep Randle. Sucks, but true. I still have hope we can keep him, but this was a blow to those hopes.

I agree. I'm OK with the way the Lakers drafted, but at the same time, I'm less optimistic about Randle being retained. Drafting Wagner could be a sign that the Lakers plan on starting Kuz and having Wagner be his back-up.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

I was always skeptical about us moving Deng. I always thought we would have to attach one of our young players BI, Lonzo or Kuz in the deal. I don't think our FO wants to do that.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

My theory was that, yesterday, the Lakers were trying to pack the two second round picks to get another first or to package all three picks to move up into the top 20. Whether that was for their own purposes or to get a better pick to package with Deng, is larger question in my mind. If it was to try to trade Deng, then it may be the case that two late 1st round picks isn't going to be enough and that it may cost us a player like Hart to do so.

If it comes down to having to let go of one of Ball, Kuz or Ingram to get rid of Deng, the Lakers won't do it. I have little doubt that they value those three over Randle, particularly because all three are on cost controlled contracts and the cap space used on keeping Randle could also be used on someone else while keeping all three of those guys.

lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I was always skeptical about us moving Deng. I always thought we would have to attach one of our young players BI, Lonzo or Kuz in the deal. I don't think our FO wants to do that.

Which is preposterous considering all three I'd rather have over Randle before even considering that Randle will make 16-20 million and these guys are on rookie deals.

My question now is for the Deng stretch, will they do the extend and stretch like Emplay suggested or take the bigger cap hit over 5 years?
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

I really hope Deng is moved and JR is retained!!
Go Chargers!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Go4thaGold wrote:
I really hope Deng is moved and JR is retained!!

Same I ain’t giving up yet famalam!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

I don't like it, but early indications seem to point to the FO not really caring too much about retaining Jules. Emphasis on "early" and "seem to"...

I hope they're just keeping things close to the vest, and they've got a deal available to move Deng with future picks alone, but I really thought #25 would be super useful in a move like that (more so than a far offf, conditional pick).
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

I would doubt that JR would be working out at the Laker facility if he thought he would not be a Laker next year.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I would doubt that JR would be working out at the Laker facility if he thought he would not be a Laker next year.

We aren't that petty.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
so Rob talks about Lonzo watching film with him and Magic, then starts naming the rest of our young guys (Kuz, BI, Josh), but doesent mention Julius.

starts talking about Lonzo at 13:35, mentions Kuz, BI and Josh at 14:40

make of it what you want...

what the hell is up with the audio LOL
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Randle won't be a Laker next year.

Yeah, he's as good as gone. It's just bad timing.

I bet! I heard today that Dallas is going to sign a good FA this summer. (%100)

Funny thing is they drafted Kostas, which is the Greek freak brother.

Nelly told Mark to draft the Greek freak and he said hell No.

looks like he is trying to make up for that mistake.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

TrekLife wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Icaruz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Question.

If Dallas sign Randle to an offer sheet that we cannot match, in the couple of days that we have to decide, can we trade him to a team that wants him?

Say Dallas offer him 18m, and we cannot match. Is it possible to pack him off to somewhere like Atlanta? And if that can be done, would Atlanta (in this case) need to fit Julius at $12m or at $18m before having to match the offer sheet?

Reason i ask is if there is 2 option:

1) A team wants Julius but he prefer Dallas, so they trade for his right

2) A team don't have enough space to match Dallas but can fit Julius at $12m qualifying offer...or have even less cap space but can send back salary to us to make it work
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
My theory was that, yesterday, the Lakers were trying to pack the two second round picks to get another first or to package all three picks to move up into the top 20. Whether that was for their own purposes or to get a better pick to package with Deng, is larger question in my mind. If it was to try to trade Deng, then it may be the case that two late 1st round picks isn't going to be enough and that it may cost us a player like Hart to do so.

If it comes down to having to let go of one of Ball, Kuz or Ingram to get rid of Deng, the Lakers won't do it. I have little doubt that they value those three over Randle, particularly because all three are on cost controlled contracts and the cap space used on keeping Randle could also be used on someone else while keeping all three of those guys.

So I'm trying to start the stretch Deng bandwagon. Mathematically it would allow us to keep Randle and get Lebron and PG13 if those two take 1-2mill less on the 1st year of their deal. Thoughts on that route?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

^First, you have to be sure Lebron and PG13 would take a pay cut. Second, you don't do that if we only get Lebron because (a) stretching Deng means no Kawhi next year if we sign Lebron, (b) we can re-sign Randle without stretching Deng and (c) trading Deng as a one year expiring next summer should be much easier.

To your idea though, the truth is that the Lakers could just present that option to George and Lebron, and basically say "hey, we'll give you both the max, but if you guys are willing to take $2 million less each, you can have Randle as your teammate too... up to you." My guess is that both say "give me my money", not because they don't like Randle, but because they aren't willing to give up $2 million for him. I know I wouldn't. That's a lot of money, even if it doesn't seem like it within the context of a $130 million deal.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Be aware people, the moratorium gives us plenty of time this season to be able to keep Randle on our terms after George and LeBron make their decisions known.

I'm guessing this change happened because of what Deandre Jordan did, but because of it, we're in a very good spot when it comes to retaining Randle, and the 'decisions' of LeBron and George aren't weighing it down or the 'waiting game' isn't detrimental.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

BTW, Luke mentioned yesterday that he had spoken to Randle on Thursday about his offseason work. Randle isn't out of sight or out of mind at all.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^First, you have to be sure Lebron and PG13 would take a pay cut. Second, you don't do that if we only get Lebron because (a) stretching Deng means no Kawhi next year if we sign Lebron, (b) we can re-sign Randle without stretching Deng and (c) trading Deng as a one year expiring next summer should be much easier.

To your idea though, the truth is that the Lakers could just present that option to George and Lebron, and basically say "hey, we'll give you both the max, but if you guys are willing to take $2 million less each, you can have Randle as your teammate too... up to you." My guess is that both say "give me my money", not because they don't like Randle, but because they aren't willing to give up $2 million for him. I know I wouldn't. That's a lot of money, even if it doesn't seem like it within the context of a $130 million deal.

Or PG gives up 4 million to fit Randle. Mintz waives his fee (~2.6 mil) in exchange for letting him negotiate a bigger deal for Randle and future revenue potential for keeping him in the LA market.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1436, 1437, 1438 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1437 of 1536
Jump to: