The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1437, 1438, 1439 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icaruz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are not going to ask PG and LB to take paycut to keep randle. They need to impress these guys and they are not going to take chances to offend them

Its like asking someone on afirst date and telling your date to eat mcdonald so you can have enough money leftover for desert

Now if PG and LB reach that decision by themselves then its another story, but its not going to come from lakers
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^First, you have to be sure Lebron and PG13 would take a pay cut. Second, you don't do that if we only get Lebron because (a) stretching Deng means no Kawhi next year if we sign Lebron, (b) we can re-sign Randle without stretching Deng and (c) trading Deng as a one year expiring next summer should be much easier.

To your idea though, the truth is that the Lakers could just present that option to George and Lebron, and basically say "hey, we'll give you both the max, but if you guys are willing to take $2 million less each, you can have Randle as your teammate too... up to you." My guess is that both say "give me my money", not because they don't like Randle, but because they aren't willing to give up $2 million for him. I know I wouldn't. That's a lot of money, even if it doesn't seem like it within the context of a $130 million deal.

Agreed, stretching Deng is only done if Lebron and PG13 verbally agree to deals that allow us to re-sign Randle. That's the only scenario I stretch Deng.

Interesting, could be wishful thinking on my part regarding the pay cuts. I guess we'll see. I certainly get not giving up any money, it's not their responsibility to make our cap situation work. I'll just hope Lebron/PG13 look at the Warriors and see the value in Randle and how much better we'd be with him.

Over 4 years according to my numbers:
Lebron would be $159.3 vs $153.2 over 4 years - $6.1mill pay cut
PG13 would be $136.5 vs $130.7 over 4 years - $5.9mill pay cut
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

I think it would benefit LBJ and PG to keep Randle on the roster if they are trying to win a championship. We need to keep Randle and Lopez
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Does drafting Wagner make Randle expandable ?

Or does the FO expect to play them together, having Randle @ the 4 and Wagner @ 5 to create space for him in the post ?
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Does drafting Wagner make Randle expandable ?

Or does the FO expect to play them together, having Randle @ the 4 and Wagner @ 5 to create space for him in the post ?

Wagner is more a guy that can spell Randle, but if we keep Randle and Lopez, then I can see Mo getting most his minutes in the G league. Solid depth in case of injury.

He shouldn’t be asked to be a starter this year and he definitely won’t be able to replace what Randle gives you.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Be aware people, the moratorium gives us plenty of time this season to be able to keep Randle on our terms after George and LeBron make their decisions known.

Help me understand this. What would stop a team like Dallas from signing Randle to a max offer sheet on day 1 and force the Lakers to match within 3 days?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Be aware people, the moratorium gives us plenty of time this season to be able to keep Randle on our terms after George and LeBron make their decisions known.

Help me understand this. What would stop a team like Dallas from signing Randle to a max offer sheet on day 1 and force the Lakers to match within 3 days?

Day 1 = July 6th officially. So between July 1-6, we ideally figure out where we stand on Lebron and PG13.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Couldn't Mintz work something out with Randle/PG? Let's say PG takes a pay cut while we offer Randle something over his FMV. Mintz takes less % off of PG and a higher % from Randle. We could go up to Randle's max to make it work. Everyone gets their money.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
MJST wrote:

Day 1 = July 6th officially. So between July 1-6, we ideally figure out where we stand on Lebron and PG13.

Got it. Thanks.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^First, you have to be sure Lebron and PG13 would take a pay cut. Second, you don't do that if we only get Lebron because (a) stretching Deng means no Kawhi next year if we sign Lebron, (b) we can re-sign Randle without stretching Deng and (c) trading Deng as a one year expiring next summer should be much easier.

To your idea though, the truth is that the Lakers could just present that option to George and Lebron, and basically say "hey, we'll give you both the max, but if you guys are willing to take $2 million less each, you can have Randle as your teammate too... up to you." My guess is that both say "give me my money", not because they don't like Randle, but because they aren't willing to give up $2 million for him. I know I wouldn't. That's a lot of money, even if it doesn't seem like it within the context of a $130 million deal.

Or PG gives up 4 million to fit Randle. Mintz waives his fee (~2.6 mil) in exchange for letting him negotiate a bigger deal for Randle and future revenue potential for keeping him in the LA market.

If PG gives up 4 mil to fit Randle, would a player option and signing a new contract (like a fresh 4 year) midway through his deal make up for the money he loses?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have extra incentive to try to keep Randle with a possible Kawhi deal during the deadline. If they let Randle go, stretch Deng, they will have a hard time matching salaries for Kawhi.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

Offensively, Wagner could really open up some space for Randle. Dfensively, it would take a bunch of work.

--Anonymous
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Got a feeling we’re keeping Randle and the core. He’s important to chemistry, as is Kuz and Hart.

Lonzo/Parker
Ingram/Hart/Crawford
George/Ukrainian Guy
LeBron/Kuzma
Randle/Lopez/Wagner

Last edited by Artesties on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Offensively, Wagner could really open up some space for Randle. Dfensively, it would take a bunch of work.

Could get ugly defensively
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nothing, but I heard that they were gonna go hard for Boogie. If that's true, they can't sign Julius.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Couldn't Mintz work something out with Randle/PG? Let's say PG takes a pay cut while we offer Randle something over his FMV. Mintz takes less % off of PG and a higher % from Randle. We could go up to Randle's max to make it work. Everyone gets their money.

Ethical implications aside, Mintz fee from PG would likely be somewhere just south of a million a year on a max deal. So Mintz could waive his entire fee and still not nearly make up for a $4 million hit.

Say the Lakers paid Randle $25 million instead of $15 million. Mintz would only pocket around 300k a year extra.

So the math doesn’t work. Randle makes out, George and Mintz take hits.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Heard that Carlisle may use doncic as a PF. Coupled with DSJ needing the ball and their plethora of forwards I don’t see them pursuing Jules.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

When thinking about matching any offer for Randle, the date most teams will focus on is July 12. That's the day they get their capspace back if we match.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Lurking over at some Dallas mavericks forums, Julius Randle‘s name doesn’t seem to come up much. Lots of attention on DeMarcus Cousins and DeAndre Jordan in free agency. Some talk of pursuing Aaron Gordon, but not a whole lot of talk from fans looking to nab Julius Randle.

I don’t get the feeling that many teams will be looking to pry him away.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Lurking over at some Dallas mavericks forums, Julius Randle‘s name doesn’t seem to come up much. Lots of attention on DeMarcus Cousins and DeAndre Jordan in free agency. Some talk of pursuing Aaron Gordon, but not a whole lot of talk from fans looking to nab Julius Randle.

I don’t get the feeling that many teams will be looking to pry him away.

Yup. And sacto drafted Bagley. Doubt ATL wants him. Maybe spurs in a S and trade? But they gave LMA and Pau too.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what will happen w/Jules; It will be a very interesting situation. Not a lot of teams with cap space, and the team we thought was going to pursue him most may be going in another direction.

It kind of works to our advantage if we want to keep him...
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Indy could be a player if Thaddeus Young opts out.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject:

I still think Cousins will want to play in Washington with his boy Wall. If Washington acquiesce to a Porter/Gortat for Cousins trade, Dallas will turn very squarely toward Young Randle ... and offer him the farm.

We’ll see though.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject:

How does Washington afford Cousins without losing Porter and Beal?
Icaruz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

No one is going to get together and figure out how to help the lakers over their bottomline interest.

If you are PG and your agent come and ask you to take a paycut so he can grt his other client signed, how would you feel? Randle will get his and PG will get his but maybe not both with Lakers, Mintz will get paid. He isnt going to go ask PG to accomodate Julius. He get fired by PG and he is out of commission.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1437, 1438, 1439 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1438 of 1536
Jump to: