The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1438, 1439, 1440 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject:

IF by “afford” you mean match salaries, then easy.

Porter makes 25 mill alone. That alone is about how much Cousins will command.

As I stated though, I think the deal will be Porter/Gortat for Cousins.

Make a ton of sense for both sides.

And, back to topic, Dallas would then put the full court press on Randle, IMO.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject:

Dallas could full court press on Randle all they wanted. Moratorium gives us plenty of time after LeBron and Paul George decide.

There is no "pressure" they can put on with the extended moratorium period that's been implemented. We'll have plenty of time to sign two max's and extend Randle before Dallas has an opportunity to put "pressure" on us.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Dallas could full court press on Randle all they wanted. Moratorium gives us plenty of time after LeBron and Paul George decide.

There is no "pressure" they can put on with the extended moratorium period that's been implemented. We'll have plenty of time to sign two max's and extend Randle before Dallas has an opportunity to put "pressure" on us.

I agree. I wasn’t implying pressure at all. Just stating that they’ll go hard at him. Yes, the moratorium gives the Lakers plenty of time to decide, and yes, they don’t have to feel any pressure ...

But (and you won’t like this) letting Randle walk is still the best play. Now I know you’ll tell me that Leonard is broken goods and that Randle is the best player on the team. All of that could very well be true, but it also couldn’t be true as well. Leonard could be 100% healthy and back to form. Ingram could be better than Randle as I type.

The reality is that the Lakers have time on their side to assess and observe Leonard’s health (he won’t be here til next year), so that concern should be quelched.

As far as Randle being irreplaceable, on a team with James and George, that’s debatable. As a gambling man, based on the tea leaves, I’d be willing to risk losing Randle for nothing for a chance (I think a good one) at acquiring Leonard for nothing.

I know you would adamantly disagree, and that’s cool, but I’m not going to go back and forth with you. I see much of what you see in Randle. I just think, along with being a bad fit next to James and George, that Randle’s value to this team isn’t greater than the value that lies in the opportunity to sign Leonard. It’s a risk, no doubt about it. Randle could become Barkley 2.0 (not a crazy stretch, by the way). The egg could be all over my face, I admit, but I stand by the assertion that letting him walk is the prudent thing to do (unless they get him at sub-12 mill).
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:

I agree. I wasn’t implying pressure at all. Just stating that they’ll go hard at him. Yes, the moratorium gives the Lakers plenty of time to decide, and yes, they don’t have to feel any pressure ...

But (and you won’t like this) letting Randle walk is still the best play. Now I know you’ll tell me that Leonard is broken goods and that Randle is the best player on the team. All of that could very well be true, but it also couldn’t be true as well. Leonard could be 100% healthy and back to form. Ingram could be better than Randle as I type.

The reality is that the Lakers have time on their side to assess and observe Leonard’s health (he won’t be here til next year), so that concern should be quelched.

As far as Randle being irreplaceable, on a team with James and George, that’s debatable. As a gambling man, based on the tea leaves, I’d be willing to risk losing Randle for nothing for a chance (I think a good one) at acquiring Leonard for nothing.

I know you would adamantly disagree, and that’s cool, but I’m not going to go back and forth with you. I see much of what you see in Randle. I just think, along with being a bad fit next to James and George, that Randle’s value to this team isn’t greater than the value that lies in the opportunity to sign Leonard. It’s a risk, no doubt about it. Randle could become Barkley 2.0 (not a crazy stretch, by the way). The egg could be all over my face, I admit, but I stand by the assertion that letting him walk is the prudent thing to do (unless they get him at sub-12 mill).

I see where you're coming from, but I think its bad business to let a guy walk for a future gamble regardless of how you feel about Randle. It would be one thing if we had Lebron, PG and a Kawhi trade locked up, but we don't. Retaining Randle means we can at least get some type of value for him if we decide to move him later, even if it's a 1st rounder or a role player below his value. It's like taking bad shot, even if you make it, there were still better options available.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Icaruz wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Couldn't Mintz work something out with Randle/PG? Let's say PG takes a pay cut while we offer Randle something over his FMV. Mintz takes less % off of PG and a higher % from Randle. We could go up to Randle's max to make it work. Everyone gets their money.

No one is going to get together and figure out how to help the lakers over their bottomline interest.

If you are PG and your agent come and ask you to take a paycut so he can grt his other client signed, how would you feel? Randle will get his and PG will get his but maybe not both with Lakers, Mintz will get paid. He isnt going to go ask PG to accomodate Julius. He get fired by PG and he is out of commission.

Agreed. Although, the getting together is not to figure out how to help the Lakers’ bottom line.

It’s a limitation of the cap.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Pay the man Magic!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject:

Julius looking both pumped and jacked for this coming season
https://i.redd.it/4z6wb5ytqv511.jpg

GEEZUS!!!
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

GEEZUS!!!

Start calling him J-Rex with them short arms.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

GEEZUS!!!

Holy (bleep) he looks like LeBron size
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject:

Burnout series where Julius's trainer has him continue work on his jumper

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQbceBFfP7/

For reference, this is his trainer for this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkN-2-JlIv6/
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject:

I really do not think the FO is going to risk losing JR in order to get PG. He is not going anywhere. His work ethic will be legendary (a la Jerry Rice).
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject:

Randle coming back will hinge completely on outside offers.

Many people here, I’m sure, don’t want to hear that, rather hear that the Lakers will make Randle a top priority, but the reality is that he’s more than likely not “a top priority”. He’s their fourth priority.

If Randle gets an affordable offer (not likely), the Laker will match.
If he gets a costly offer (over or near 16 mill), they’ll probably let him walk.
If he gets no offers, they’ll try their best to sign him around 12 mill per, and if he bristles at that, he’ll be forced into the qualifying offer.

Bottom line is that Randle is a beast, but if he is signed, for the Lakers it must be to a contract that is easily tradeable, taking into account that his play may take a dip with all the new offense added to the squad.

Randle’s contract MUST be flexible. If it isn’t, he’s gone. Like I said, he’s the fourth priority this summer.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:

Randle will be back and there’s no doubt in my mind. What are we inside without randle? Who on the free agent market can replace his production?

We really undervalue randle around here. I predict that this is the season we see a consistent jumper from him and he takes the nba by storm.

Randle 16ppg
Kuzma 16ppg
Ingram 16ppg
Lonzo 10 7 7

In the West!

We don’t have a first option on our team, but if we did any of these guys (besides Lonzo) could have been a 20 ppg scorer. Offensively these guys are already borderline stars and they should all take another step in the right direction this season. We would be crazy not to bring randle back imo

In fact, if lebron is really about rings he would take a pay cut just to make sure he isnt gutting the team. Sign for 25 million, win some rings and get that kobe wink wink contract to end your career along with a farewell tour.

Lebron would be crazy to come here and force randle out...just means he doesn’t want to win imo
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
MJST wrote:

GEEZUS!!!

Holy (bleep) he looks like LeBron size

That left arm are jacked for sure, dayum. This dude gonna get Karl Malone size soon
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

Not sure if already posted, but Mike Fisher, a major Mavs insider, is reporting they don't have Randle as a priority:

Quote:
#Mavs are NOT 'prioritizing' Randle. (No matter how many times natl media says so.) Capela probly matched in HOU.

DAL will try to use its assets to acquire a starting 5. http://DallasBasketball.com will have #ExclusiveExclusive stuff shortly.

[url=https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1010633405799784449][/url]

They have Capela on their board, so it means they'd have to sign him to an offer sheet, wait for Houston to match to just then think about signing Randle to an offer sheet. That prolly takes a lot of time to happen and the Randle situation may be solved by then.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Quick question and please don’t bring in Leonard to complicate matters. If Lakers stretched garbage Deng but didn’t renounce Randle, how much money would they have to sign two max guys assuming all the other garbage is renounced.

I’m getting 58-59 million. So potentially LBJ and PG would have to take a combined 7 million off of their combined max to retain a nice piece that would become a tradeable asset down the line?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Quick question and please don’t bring in Leonard to complicate matters. If Lakers stretched garbage Deng but didn’t renounce Randle, how much money would they have to sign two max guys assuming all the other garbage is renounced.

I’m getting 58-59 million. So potentially LBJ and PG would have to take a combined 7 million off of their combined max to retain a nice piece that would become a tradeable asset down the line?

In the area of $43.1 million for Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner (cap hold), Randle (cap hold), incomplete roster charges and the Deng stretch charge?
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

In the area of $43.1 million for Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner (cap hold), Randle (cap hold), incomplete roster charges and the Deng stretch charge?

What I’m getting too. So like 58 million of cap space. Interesting.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Not sure if already posted, but Mike Fisher, a major Mavs insider, is reporting they don't have Randle as a priority:

Quote:
#Mavs are NOT 'prioritizing' Randle. (No matter how many times natl media says so.) Capela probly matched in HOU.

DAL will try to use its assets to acquire a starting 5. http://DallasBasketball.com will have #ExclusiveExclusive stuff shortly.

[url=https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1010633405799784449][/url]

They have Capela on their board, so it means they'd have to sign him to an offer sheet, wait for Houston to match to just then think about signing Randle to an offer sheet. That prolly takes a lot of time to happen and the Randle situation may be solved by then.

If the Mavs aren’t in play for Randle, he could be in for a long summer of frustration.

If no teams put an offer in for him and it’s just him and the Lakers negotiating with no outside team setting the market, the Lakers will deal with him very shrewdly.

Question: Is there anyway the Lakers can pay Randle a one year balloon payment next year with the final three years being significantly less?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

I can see the Mavs make a max offer for Clint Capela (Rockets). They made a max offer for Harrison Barnes (Warriors).
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

What I’m getting too. So like 58 million of cap space. Interesting.

LeBron has said numerous times that he’s not going to take a pay cut. He’s one of the top guys in the NBAPA and it goes against what the players are asking for
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

It’s crazy how the max offer the Mavs made to DeAndre Jordan of 4 years, $80 million is the same offer the Rockets made for Ryan Anderson. How times changed.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I can see the Mavs make a max offer for Clint Capela (Rockets). They made a max offer for Harrison Barnes (Warriors).

Julius is probably their next call.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

DeMarcus Cousins
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

DeMarcus Cousins

Actually I can’t really decide whether or not I would even call somebody coming off an Achilles tear. Kobe was one thing. Headcase with an Achilles tear? I’d rather have Randle.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1438, 1439, 1440 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1439 of 1536
Jump to: