The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1509, 1510, 1511 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This one really stings.

Yes it does but as you said it boils down to moz deng signings. I’ll still take where we are now. Im sure part of the pitch to Lebron was bringing in another max next year. I guess the one thing they could have done was played hardball and made him sign the qo but they chose not to go that way.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
This one really stings.

Yes it does but as you said it boils down to moz deng signings. I’ll still take where we are now. Im sure part of the pitch to Lebron was bringing in another max next year. I guess the one thing they could have done was played hardball and made him sign the qo but they chose not to go that way.

or they could have gave him a large one year deal....and you lose Rondo unless he will accept the Room Exception (which I think he would have), Lance and Beasley. Could still bring back KCP with his non-bird rights, and Javale signed for the minimum.

I would have preferred to try hard to get him to sign QO with a wink for next year....but if that failed, we could have paid him as much as we wanted for one year.

I am not going to pretend I was outraged when the decision was made to let him walk....but it is clearly looking like a FO screw up at this point.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Randle was on a standard rookie deal, so no incentives for minutes and stats.

If that's the case then that blows a hole in my "Luke was being micromanaged from above" theory, but I could have sworn I either heard on one of the Laker podcasts or saw it as a post here somewhere, that it was in the Lakers' best interests for Julius not to play a lot of minutes last season. And after I heard or read this, I formed this opinion that the front office was the one jerking him around.

As I mentioned above, his QO would have been lower if they had kept his minutes below a certain level, or kept him out of the starting lineup. You are remembering correctly.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
dude just enters a game and dominates

I regret everything negative I said about JR, I'm missing the brutality he would bring to teams that had weak ass bigs. MJST was right for stanning him

I want some recognition too.

Pretty sure yinomes was a fan too.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Still hurts. He would be the second best player on this team imo. I'm not moving on till we win a ring.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Keep making the Lakers look inept Julius.

Also look at the production Payton is giving the Pelicans at only a 3rd of the price we are paying Rondo.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Like has been said. Some players just don't get appreciated till they are no longer wearing P&G. it's a shame tbh. The FO also is learning this lesson each time they force Kuzma to play the 5.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Still hurts. He would be the second best player on this team imo. I'm not moving on till we win a ring.
I don't know what he did tonight, but I took a lot of heat over my faith in his game the last year +
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I'll be posting in this thread all year long.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
bandiger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I regret everything negative I said about JR, I'm missing the brutality he would bring to teams that had weak ass bigs. MJST was right for stanning him

I give props to MJST and 22 for being the OG Jules-stans.

I wasn't as much until last year when he totally won me over. I was shocked when we waived him and saddened that they let him go.

That being said, I did that with DLO and it was a miserable few months until I finally let it go.

Our team isn't perfect but I think in a month things will look different. Chins up!
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
bandiger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I wasn't as much until last year when he totally won me over. I was shocked when we waived him and saddened that they let him go.

That being said, I did that with DLO and it was a miserable few months until I finally let it go.

Our team isn't perfect but I think in a month things will look different. Chins up!

I was really disappointed in the DLo trade, but that one felt different. I was disappointed in the package we got back, but I got over not having him as a player here pretty quickly since we had Lonzo. And in the end, he did help clear the Mozgov salary, and we did get Kuzma (or Hart, however you want to look at it) from it.

That said, here is what we got back from Julius:

And then, here is who we replaced Julius's physicality with:

Yeah, so, way different than DLo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
bandiger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I was really disappointed in the DLo trade, but that one felt different. I was disappointed in the package we got back, but I got over not having him as a player here pretty quickly since we had Lonzo. And in the end, he did help clear the Mozgov salary, and we did get Kuzma (or Hart, however you want to look at it) from it.

Point remains.

DLO/Jules paid the price for Moz/Deng. Yes, there were ways the team could have tried to bite the bullet and keep Jules, but I'm fairly convinced that if we didn't have Deng's ridiculous 17m/year contract, Jules might still be on this team.

I mourn his loss, but at some point we have to move on and root for the guys on the team.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This one really stings.

It does but he’s such a good dude that it’s easy to root for him. So it helps. He was our first pick in the dark years and seeing him pan out in a big way is thrilling. Wish it was with us, but alas it wasn’t meant to be.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Maybe, if this is not the agent Mintz ego doing, just maybe FO told Randle 1 yr contract but you will definitely be coming off the bench and Randle said no... well, done with
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

[quote="yinoma2001"]
pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Point remains.

DLO/Jules paid the price for Moz/Deng. Yes, there were ways the team could have tried to bite the bullet and keep Jules, but I'm fairly convinced that if we didn't have Deng's ridiculous 17m/year contract, Jules might still be on this team.

I mourn his loss, but at some point we have to move on and root for the guys on the team.

We can root for the guys on the team but hopefully no one forgets this blunder by the front office just because they were able to sign Lebron. Maybe I'm being naive but hopefully fan/media pressure works, at the very least we don't let anyone else of the young core go without getting something of value in return. Can't blame the Mozdeng signings anymore at this point.

My worry is even though I'm not 100% sold on Luke, I don't believe he is able to play who he wants to play due to boneheaded decisions and politics by the front office - specifically Randle last season, KCP this season, and Luke will eventually be made the scapegoat if fans start complaining about a mediocre season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I’m super frustrated with us developing guys (Russell, Randle, Nance, Clarkson) and then having to trade or let them go because of that idiotic Mozdeng signing.

Liar. You talked (bleep) about each of those players and celebrated them leaving.

haha. Valid point, Cuthy. Candy, I don't know if we really developed Clarkson. At the point in which he was vanquished, the only thing good about him was that he was the only other guy from his round but Jokic who managed to get some consistent starter minutes for at least a couple years (lest I'm forgetting somebody). I liked Nance, but he improved his shot even less so than Randle and Larry was reluctant to try to shoot. We are still behind the ball compared to many other teams in terms of finding finesse, good percentage guys who don't do anything but drop open shots. With Randle, Nance, and Russell on the team? Then when Russell went...Lonzo, whose form looked like it was crafted on another planet. Sheesh. That's an issue of ours that will be even harder to get away from than being able to defecate Moz and Deng's koncaks without paying for it dearly for many years. I have no doubt they did about the best that could be done to move those two lunkheads. Randle became a physical specimen last year, but I think he was the kind of player born about 7-10 yrs late. If he were a taller "rim protector" like McGee, he'd probably be here instead of him. Windhorst replied to a fan or media about how the Pels got a star in the making and he told him not to get so excited because of his shot, offensive style, lack of notoriety as a rim jobber, and because he was lousy trade bait. I realize that some fans will miss him dearly and I do get being pissed about picks 2 and 7 not working out for us in a general sense, but I also remember Javaris Crittenton threads. Only murder ended the fascination some people continued to have with him. Randle is much easier to understand than Critt ever was.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

So damn sad.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

His game is effective, but sure isn’t pretty to watch. Some shots are cringe worthy, the way he contorts his body, flopping around trying to make the shot. Playing well tonight, but still untimely turnovers, fumbled layups, got swatted, etc. miss Julius, but I’m not all devastated like some peeps. He’s good, but he ain’t Superman.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

them contortions poetry in moshin fam wym
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Every time I check on him he is having a hard time staying in the game due to foul trouble. I had a feeling this would happen.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

22/6/2/1/1 in 19 Mins thus far.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
22/6/2/1/1 in 19 Mins thus far.

Nice! Hilites:

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Randle hurt his foot in the Houston game. But is going out there and still playing like this.

Lakers playing like a team without a heart, or a soul right now. Cause they let it walk for nothing, like if the Warriors had let Draymond go for Kevin Love.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Randle hurt his foot in the Houston game. But is going out there and still playing like this.

Lakers playing like a team without a heart, or a soul right now. Cause they let it walk for nothing, like if the Warriors had let Draymond go for Kevin Love.

No question he was the heart and soul. I think I said that he could be that the game he played Dallas in one of his first full games in his 2nd season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1509, 1510, 1511 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1510 of 1536
Jump to: