The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is soft. Randle is a guy looking to body up with. They are totally different players.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

exempt wrote:
Lamar is soft. Randle is a guy looking to body up with. They are totally different players.

Disagree. KG is soft, especially with how Odom treated him during the Finals.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
exempt wrote:

the "loudest" ones usually are.
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
exempt wrote:

Odom doesn't show up every game. If he wasn't soft he be more consistent instead of having one great game out of 3 or 4.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

exempt wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
exempt wrote:

Odom doesn't show up every game. If he wasn't soft he be more consistent instead of having one great game out of 3 or 4.

That was a mental issue, not something I would regard as "soft."

Dude had serious sugar spikes. Think that had something to do with it.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
I'm really high on Randle, but it's a huge reach to say he's a "Wealthy Lamar Odom".

Odom was one of the most naturally gifted basketball players I've ever seen. He had all the tools to be a perennial all star and possible hall of famer. Odom just lacked discipline in every sense.

A wealthy Lamar Odom is basically Lebron James, and Randle is not Lebron James in terms of talent.

Yep.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
exempt wrote:

dat pat on the butt really hurt.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't remember LO being a go to guy or him having the killer instinct. He had great talent and solid stats - 'sometimes', but not someone you could go to with the game on the line.

I hope Randle gets that killer instinct and 'go to guy' rep. In that sense I hope he becomes what we hoped LO would be but never was. I think he can,
idrinkhaterade
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject:

Sorry but Randle dont got handles like LO. Let me know when he pulls off a shammgod

lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject:

to allow us to sign Aldridge or Love, Can Randle play the SF position? just like Kawhi...
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:51 am    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
to allow us to sign Aldridge or Love, Can Randle play the SF position? just like Kawhi...

if we get Okafor, having Love to stretch will be complimentary. Randle needed at SF
if we get Towns, Randle can play his slashing and post game as PF but we need a 3pointer SF.

Okafor with Randle can clog up the passing lanes in my opinion. Randle needs to do more baseline jumpers so Okafor can do his under the basket moves.... if he cant play SF sad to say he may have to be traded.
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:

if we get Okafor, having Love to stretch will be complimentary. Randle needed at SF
if we get Towns, Randle can play his slashing and post game as PF but we need a 3pointer SF.

Okafor with Randle can clog up the passing lanes in my opinion. Randle needs to do more baseline jumpers so Okafor can do his under the basket moves.... if he cant play SF sad to say he may have to be traded.

Randle for Porzingis might be a good thing if we get Okafor???
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mitch Kupchak: "It looks like Julius Randle has recovered completely"
Mitch Kupchak told Ethan J. Skolnick and Howard Beck of Bleacher Report Radio on Sirius XM Sunday morning that "it looks like Julius Randle has recovered completely." The rookie power forward and seventh overall pick for the Lakers in the 2014 NBA draft played just 13 minutes and 36 seconds in his regular season debut before breaking his leg. While he was out, the team and Randle decided to replace the screw in the fifth metatarsal of his right foot.

A full recovery from Randle would be a boon to the Lakers' rebuilding efforts, but nevertheless, Kupchak also told Bleacher Report radio "we don't have .... the time to methodically and slowly build through the draft." This statement from Kupchak is somewhat contradictory to when he told Mike Trudell of Lakers.com in February that the Lakers "can't jeopardize the next 5-7 years just to win during the final year of Kobe's contract by bringing in veterans."

However, there is a middle ground between trying to rebuild in one year and waiting five to seven, and from his public comments it would now appear Kupchak is targeting somewhere in that range.
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/5/24/8653091/la-lakers-gm-mitch-kupchak-julius-randle-has-recovered-completely

Kind of a fishy time to release this info, hope we're not looking to trade him.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Some actually consider trading him, that has never crossed my mind. Randle is too talented of a player and work ethic is great.

Those are the people that think we can make one or two moves and immediately be in contention for a title.

Randle is a young CHEAP player with Tons of upside. It'd be downright stupid to trade him just for a doomed title chase.

It's crazy that for the past 4 yrs all anybody has talked about is getting younger an the moment we get some youth people want to throw them away for guys in late 20's/Early 30's.
I've seen scenarios where Randle is traded just to make room so Love can sign here. Also, every asset we have to get Cousins. It's mind boggling. The Lakers FO is really high on Randle, he's not going anywhere.

Wow, I honestly no longer to pay max to K.Love now that we get the #2 pick. But I can see the scenario you suggested where the FO try to give Kobe one last chance to get to the playoff now and trade Randle, Hill, #27, #34 for Love (Cavs would love this, they don't need K.Love) or Melo
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:

idrinkhaterade wrote:
Sorry but Randle dont got handles like LO. Let me know when he pulls off a shammgod

Exactly. Franchise potential. Settled to role player. But lots of skills and/or athleticism comes with that franchise potential when playing a lesser role on a team.

Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

idrinkhaterade wrote:

this is why kids need to layoff drugs.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject:

People really sleeping on how talented Lamar was. He never put it all together but he was thought by some to be the next Magic during his rookie year.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Could Randle be a wealthy man Lamar Odom?

Sting wrote:
Just imagine if Lakers pursue K Love. Perfect stretch 4 next to Okafor. Randle could be that elite 6th man big man similar to how Lamar Odom use to play during our contenders run. K Love won't be expected to be the man just the 4th option behind Okafur, Kobe, Clarkson.. he stays happy because he is in LA. Love would really make it easy to land Durant or Westbrook in the near future

Starters
Okafor, Love, Gerald Green, Kobe, Clarkson

Bench
Black, RANDLE, Houston Pick, Young, Fa ( cheap vet like Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson) !!!!

that's a contender!

I think that this line up would be about the biggest stretch the Lakers could hope for, but I like it, Randle is VERY questionable and has NOT proved a thing, neither has Okafor and Kobe has missed 3 or 4 times MORE games than he has played in the last two seasons. Even with getting Love:

Contender? = Extremely doubtful

Make the Playoffs = maybe, less than 50% chance

This next season might be only marginally better than last, need to keep money freed up for the 2016 Free Agent class!

Last edited by unleasHell on Mon May 25, 2015 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
The only thing we know for sure about Randle is at least he didn't look as clueless/scared as Dante Exum.

In 14,minutes of actual NBA play?
MagicMayun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject:

lakerslifer wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:

With all due respect, that is a terrible idea.
MagicMayun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
exempt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZI3IWblpck

Look at what Julius Randle does to Draymond Green, Yes the kid is going to be a player

nice highlights. would be awesome if he can start adding some range. i like the 15-18ft jumpers.

He hit several of those in the highlight reel from preseason. He could add 3pt range to his game though.
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject:

MagicMayun wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:

With all due respect, that is a terrible idea.

Okafor/Randle will be the second coming of Bynum/Pau....not going to work for long stretches. Both are more low post offense, we need to free up some space to make both players productive.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

exempt wrote:

Look at what Julius Randle does to Draymond Green, Yes the kid is going to be a player

That's a Grown man move. With okafor though they'd have to figure out spacing. But a good problem to have imo.
lakerslifer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
exempt wrote:

That's a Grown man move. With okafor though they'd have to figure out spacing. But a good problem to have imo.

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

His jumpshot looks a bit awkward but it goes in
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 244 of 1536
Jump to: