The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker Intervention
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Too short for position and doesn't have the athleticism to really score over NBA type interior D.

They're saying he can be like Randolph. Both lefties, but honestly I like drafting people who have athletic talent and you can develop their skill. Can't really develop his height and what his natural body can do like you can a player's game.

That being said, I like his character and physical play, but I'm scared that his game really thrives in college, not NBA.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Jocker Ace wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:
YOU BETTER BE GOOD YOU SON OF A (bleep)!

I wanted Smart SO BAD! I picked Randle to be bust because he's undersized, can't shoot worth a lick, turn over prone, can only go left...

I (bleep) hate hate hate the Celtics. (bleep) I (bleep) hate them. Smart is gonna be a star and We're stuck with a bonfide bust.

Randle, you better prove me wrong. You better (bleep) prove me wrong.

I want at least a 15/10 season from him. He's supposed to be the 2nd most nba ready player in the draft so he better prove it damn it.

You get 15/10 this season, you will prove me wrong. Otherwise...(bleep)!

watch the first 5 mins of his draft express scout vid ; not only does he go right, but he does it off the dribble. how about that. he's skilled

I lived in an area where I was able to watch a lot of Kentucky games, and Randle didn't impress me one bit. That scout video does not show the real Randle at all. Just like how you can find a highlight video of Luke Walton.

Hey, if I'm wrong, give me all the crow in the world. But I really really wanted Smart...one (bleep) pick away and the damn Celtics take him when they already have Rondo. Son of a (bleep). -_-

those were alot of 'highlights' off the dribble. he has alot of potential off the dribble.

I'm not talking off the dribble though. Yeah, he can dribble. That I know. I said he can't go right. Or at the very least, he can't do it consistently. He's very one sided and he will really need to work on that part.

Just...ugh. I swear I'm gonna freak when I see Randle plays a horrible game 1 in the summer league. XD

His 1-on-1 game is all strength IMO. That won't fly as it stands in the NBA.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Wingspan.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject:

lakerlynx wrote:
That he will crush our enemies, we will see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women.

CONAN!!!!!
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

The T-Rexness. I'm scared he would be like Terrence Jones trying to guard Lamarcus.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker Intervention wrote:
Too short for position and doesn't have the athleticism to really score over NBA type interior D.

They're saying he can be like Randolph. Both lefties, but honestly I like drafting people who have athletic talent and you can develop their skill. Can't really develop his height and what his natural body can do like you can a player's game.

That being said, I like his character and physical play, but I'm scared that his game really thrives in college, not NBA.

He will not be able to bully people to the rim without significantly improving his skills. NBA defenders are just too big.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I worry he will score too many points for us.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

He's not Embiid.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

Plays the same position as Kevin Love. Neither can play the 5.
Jocker Ace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LakerLanny wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:

I wanted Smart SO BAD! I picked Randle to be bust because he's undersized, can't shoot worth a lick, turn over prone, can only go left...

I (bleep) hate hate hate the Celtics. (bleep) I (bleep) hate them. Smart is gonna be a star and We're stuck with a bonfide bust.

I want at least a 15/10 season from him. He's supposed to be the 2nd most nba ready player in the draft so he better prove it damn it.

Everyone has the right to have an opinion, but PG's who can't shoot aren't going to be stars in the NBA unless they are freakish athletes like Russell Westbrook.

I think Smart will be a solid NBA player, but I doubt he is a star. Randle is going to be very very good and fills a need as our front line has zero talent other than him.

Smart was doing great in the draft combine in shooting and guess what? He IS a freakish athlete! lol

Now I have to hate him...and watch him average 25+ a game in three years. Ugh...

Please Randle prove me wrong. Average 15/10 AT LEAST next season and I will like you.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:

watch the first 5 mins of his draft express scout vid ; not only does he go right, but he does it off the dribble. how about that. he's skilled

I lived in an area where I was able to watch a lot of Kentucky games, and Randle didn't impress me one bit. That scout video does not show the real Randle at all. Just like how you can find a highlight video of Luke Walton.

Hey, if I'm wrong, give me all the crow in the world. But I really really wanted Smart...one (bleep) pick away and the damn Celtics take him when they already have Rondo. Son of a (bleep). -_-

those were alot of 'highlights' off the dribble. he has alot of potential off the dribble.

I'm not talking off the dribble though. Yeah, he can dribble. That I know. I said he can't go right. Or at the very least, he can't do it consistently. He's very one sided and he will really need to work on that part.

Just...ugh. I swear I'm gonna freak when I see Randle plays a horrible game 1 in the summer league. XD

he'll incorporate more of an off the dribble game for his 1v1 ! that will work wonders vs. nba 4s. he has a quickness advantage
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Awful steal and block rates. 32.9% on jumpers this season, one of the worst rates for power forwards in this year's draft. I'm not overly optimistic here. Hope we get another pick.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject:

I like his fire, he seems like a determined kid

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I like the pick a lot, but wouldn't be suprised if Randle, Sacre and Nash are headed to Philidalphia for Saric, since the objective is saving money on salary.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Clearing more cap room i should say
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
The T-Rexness. I'm scared he would be like Terrence Jones trying to guard Lamarcus.

Yes, also Kobe's small hands worry me. He'll never be good.

Oh, and on the wingspan:

Quote:
2014 NBA Draft Combine Measurements Analysis
May 15, 2014
Julius Randle: Randle was criticized for much of his freshman year for a low steal and block rate, which many attributed to having short arms. He put that rumor to rest by registering a 7-foot wingspan, more than adequate for his 6-9 (in shoes), 250-pound frame, even if his standing reach leaves something to be desired at 8-9 1/2. The 6-9 250 pound Randle measured similarly to Kevin Love, who came in at 6-7 ¾ without shoes, 255 pounds, with a 6-11 ¼ wingspan and 8-10 standing reach.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz35ndWH1Ci
http://www.draftexpress.com

Soooo, how bout we put it to rest for good?
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Can't shoot.

His size was good in college, not in the NBA.

Scored garbage buckets and down low over undersized college players. Don't see it translating to NBA.
Jocker Ace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

greenfrog wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jocker Ace wrote:

I know! He's not very skilled in the post he just bullies people. That's not gonna work in the NBA. He is also very turnover prone. His passing is BELOW average. We are gonna get flashes of Dwight in the post trying to pass the ball out and give it away.

And it doesn't help with him being undersized that he can't look above the defender and find the open man.

The first thing he needs to do is shooting mid range. THAT IS A MUST! 17% of jump shots is (bleep) acceptable. He is out of the NBA lettle alone the Lakers if he doesn't improve on that.

I'm too tired right now. I'll just rest it off soon. Maybe I'll think differently tomorrow. But I really really don't feel for Randle. Especially as much as Smart.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

Welcome to the family Julius Randle.

Now do us proud!
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:

kentucky's PPP was higher with randle on the bench than on the floor

he has total baby hands and his turnover rate sucks

he is just slow mentally on defense and his steal/block rates both suck

honestly all he has going for himself to me is his rebounding rate
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cinimod wrote:
Plays the same position as Kevin Love. Neither can play the 5.

Love played 29% of the total minutes available at center for the Wolves last season. Not his primary position but he played very well there, he was a +17.2 PER vs. opposing centers in those situations which is a huge differential.
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

greenfrog wrote:
bandiger wrote:
He was my second, my fav was Smart. I hope he can get a jumpshot and improve that defense.

can he grow longer arms too?

7 foot wingspan not enough for you?

Quote:
May 15, 2014
Julius Randle: Randle was criticized for much of his freshman year for a low steal and block rate, which many attributed to having short arms. He put that rumor to rest by registering a 7-foot wingspan, more than adequate for his 6-9 (in shoes), 250-pound frame, even if his standing reach leaves something to be desired at 8-9 1/2. The 6-9 250 pound Randle measured similarly to Kevin Love, who came in at 6-7 ¾ without shoes, 255 pounds, with a 6-11 ¼ wingspan and 8-10 standing reach.

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

D-Dogg wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

Yes, also Kobe's small hands worry me. He'll never be good.

Oh, and on the wingspan:

Quote:
May 15, 2014

Soooo, how bout we put it to rest for good?

You realize Kevin Love can't defend either, right?
jerryr88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
jerryr88 wrote:
I like the pick

Offensively he's good so i'd like us to pick up a defensive center

He reminds me of paul milsap or z-bo

Double double machine

We need a point guard

The celtics drafted a point guard i wonder if theyre gonna trade rondo and what it would take to trade for him

I hope we get rid of nash

Sign Lowry.

i like lowry and rondo

nash needs to be traded or amnestied, that really blew up in our face we lost 2 rounds picks and cap space for a guy that needs a miracle to play 15 mins a game smh
MagicBryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

JUUUUUUU-LIUSSSSSSS!! Welcome to the Lakeshow
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 4 of 1536
Jump to: