The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 427, 428, 429 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Didn't like his style of play today.. He was a black hole pretty much; while I'm usually commending his decent passing - wasn't there today. More post ups today, still no foul calls.
He's usually a better passer than he was today, oh well. Coaching staff gotta coach him up

thanks i just posted the same thing. or people might just think i am hating after 13/13

Problem is, how are you going to coach him up if you have no idea what you're doing (Scott, not you Jim)? A lot of his issues have to do with whee they have put him and the spacing, as well as Scott really not getting on anyone about ISOing too much.

True. There'd be so much more flow and smoother attacks if his Pick n Pops were secondary action after a ball reversal. Or if we pushed the pace and ran Pistol, with him coming over as the screener immediately after that guard to guard exchange. His ISO's then would be quicker and perceived completely differently - as in flow attacks.
Also if you play him with more shooters, I think his willingness to pass in the half court increases. There was a post up yesterday where DLo was calling for the ball on the crosscourt kickout, Randle has kicked to Dlo a couple handful of times this season - and Russell has missed good looks a solid number of times - as Russell's shot improves , or if that was Anthony Brown in that spot, i think Randle would have kicked it. Randle chose to back down the smaller Harkless instead, airball.

Personally, my go to action with Hibbert and Randle out there would be motion weak. Sets Clarkson up on the high right side, Russell for actions off the left wing (both of their preferred locations), and gives Randle and Hibbert good, quick, facing the basket choices of shoot, attack, or move the ball on to Russell, for some nice screen action.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Didn't like his style of play today.. He was a black hole pretty much; while I'm usually commending his decent passing - wasn't there today. More post ups today, still no foul calls.
He's usually a better passer than he was today, oh well. Coaching staff gotta coach him up

thanks i just posted the same thing. or people might just think i am hating after 13/13

Problem is, how are you going to coach him up if you have no idea what you're doing (Scott, not you Jim)? A lot of his issues have to do with whee they have put him and the spacing, as well as Scott really not getting on anyone about ISOing too much.

True. There'd be so much more flow and smoother attacks if his Pick n Pops were secondary action after a ball reversal. Or if we pushed the pace and ran Pistol, with him coming over as the screener immediately after that guard to guard exchange. His ISO's then would be quicker and perceived completely differently - as in flow attacks.
Also if you play him with more shooters, I think his willingness to pass in the half court increases. There was a post up yesterday where DLo was calling for the ball on the crosscourt kickout, Randle has kicked to Dlo a couple handful of times this season - and Russell has missed good looks a solid number of times - as Russell's shot improves , or if that was Anthony Brown in that spot, i think Randle would have kicked it. Randle chose to back down the smaller Harkless instead, airball.

Personally, my go to action with Hibbert and Randle out there would be motion weak. Sets Clarkson up on the high right side, Russell for actions off the left wing (both of their preferred locations), and gives Randle and Hibbert good, quick, facing the basket choices of shoot, attack, or move the ball on to Russell, for some nice screen action.

Ya that would be perfect! And that's the kind of system and flow that develops an unselfish , make the right read every time type of player.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randle when asked about the Warriors and their undefeated record:
Julius Randle: I don't care.

#alpha
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

#alpha

#shortanswers

#unprofessional
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

#alpha

GOOD ANSWER!

"He can't guard me"
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

#alpha

WOW Medina asked Julius if Draymond was one of the players he wanted to mold his game after (with sitting out a year and watching tape on players) Julius said HELL NO.
God please give these Laker youngsters guidance form someheere some coach some life coach idk please, amen

Edit: (and I didn't say life coach cuz he was rude or something lol I was just joking he needs a coach)

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

WOW Medina asked Julius if Draymond was one of the players he wanted to mold his game after (with sitting out a year and watching tape on players) Julius said HELL NO.
God please give these Laker youngsters guidance form someheere some coach some life coach idk please, amen

This makes me sad. Part of me wanted him to develop a 3 point shot.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

He didn't say HELL NO. He gave a simple 'No."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Aaand whats wrong with that?

Last edited by MJST on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

fiendishoc wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

But he also shook his head and looked pretty grossed out by it
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

From his perspective

Why should Julius mold his game after a 4th important role player? Randle sees himself as a future franchise player, he looks at tapes of Barkley, Anthony Mason, Worthy and otherwise. He's not trying to be freaking Draymond Green. He aspires to the person Draymond Green wishes he was and fears having to defend.

Julius already intends on developing a three point shot but the last thing anyone like Julius is ever gonna say is "I wanna be the next Draymond Green.".

It was a silly question to ask imo. Draymond Green isn't some 'standard' for rookies to strive for. He is what he is, the 4th most important offensive player on a championship team and a role player glue guy. The "Ariza". Randle isn't gonna 'aspire' to be that.

That's like asking Kobe in 97-98 if he was modeling his game after Kerry Kittles...

Last edited by MJST on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

To be fair this season he is arguably the Warriors 2nd most valuable player on that squad. It's day and night without him on the court. Klay is still trying to find himself this season.

1. Steph
2. Dray
3. Bogut
4. Barnes
5. Klay
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

From his perspective

Why should Julius mold his game after a 4th important role player? Randle sees himself as a future franchise player, he looks at tapes of Barkley, Anthony Mason, Worthy and otherwise. He's not trying to be freaking Draymond Green. He aspires to the person Draymond Green wishes he was and fears having to defend.

Julius already intends on developing a three point shot but the last thing anyone like Julius is ever gonna say is "I wanna be the next Draymond Green.".

It was a silly question to ask imo. Draymond Green isn't some 'standard' for rookies to strive for. He is what he is, the 4th most important offensive player on a championship team and a role player glue guy. The "Ariza". Randle isn't gonna 'aspire' to be that.

Draymond is the 2nd most important player on that team. Julius could learn ALOT from Draymond, especially on defense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

From his perspective

Draymond is the 2nd most important player on that team. Julius could learn ALOT from Draymond, especially on defense.

It's the equivilent of asking Kobe Bryant in 97-98 if he's modeling his game after Kerry Kittles.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

From his perspective

It's the equivilent of asking Kobe Bryant in 97-98 if he's modeling his game after Kerry Kittles.

No it isn't. Kobe was better than Kittles or was supposed to be. Green is miles ahead of Randle and a way better defender. Randle may never be better than Green.
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject:

If he turns out to be half of an impact player as Green, the Lakers score.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

From his perspective

Exactly.

Also agree that he didn't say 'hell no' he just said no and showed restrained respect for Draymond. He wasn't disrespectful at all when talking about Draymond at any point during that interview.

Some peeps are just set on hating Julius lately. I don't get it?!

Last edited by LakeShow06 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

business101 wrote:

This x100.

At this point we're just delusional if we state Julius does ANYTHING better then Green. No part of his game is superior to Draymonds right now.

Last edited by Worthy42 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

I hope he is shooting to be much better than Green
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

What's wrong with that? If he doesn't appreciate Draymond's game then his view of impact is warped. I don't like the fact that the dudes a super lazy defender half the time and then shrugs off Draymond's impact.
All that's ever brought up about defense from himself or Laker people about Julius' defense worries me , Byron multiple times has said he specifically needs to give more effort, Worthy 2 games ago said the coaches always find a lot of miscues with him defensively on tape that negate his value and whatever he brings offensively - and then Randle only says he wants to be "solid" defensively. Solid? That's not enough and you're failing.

And then Draymond's passing. It's so important to the Warriors. Defense and great passing isn't enough? Not enough to watch tape of him and want to inject that into your game? Cmon man, what in the hell. And what are his two biggest flaws so far this season? Ya. Still, no appreciation for Draymond.

And no I don't care if he has an arrogant attitude, I care about the fact that it's misguided and ignorant. He wants to be a star, Draymond is a max player and about to be an allstar/all NBA player averaging 12ppg. Does he not know this? What exactly did he learn in his year off? If he didn't learn how to shoot a jumper, some perspective enhancing would have been nice. The coaching staff doesn't mention Draymond to him as a guy to look up to?
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

#alpha

I hope he is shooting to be much better than Green

This as well. This is how I took it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
business101 wrote:

This x100.

At this point we're just delusional if we state Julius does ANYTHING better then Green. No part of his game is superior to Draymonds right now.

He is already a better rebounder than Green
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
business101 wrote:

This x100.

Randle got two things going for him, strength and quickness. Average explosiveness, instinct, and game IQ (game IQ is different than basketball IQ btw). That's why it is interesting to see how his development will go. He could go either way as a player but I think he will be a good rotational player, a legit starter. So the comparison to Green is legit. Right now, Green is a much more impact player than Randle. Green is more savvy and experience.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
business101 wrote:

This x100.

He is already a better rebounder than Green

I'm not quite sure about that. Maybe slightly in the numbers but Green fights and chases down rebounds. Julius at the moment is more of an opportunistic rebounder. He'll fight for them if it's in his area but he won't exert that extra effort to get the ball or keep it alive, that extra gear for the loose ball, doest have that drive yet. Him and Green are about even in offensive rebounds he averages a few more defensively.

7.9 vs. 8.8
1.4 vs. 1.5 off rebounds.
6.5 vs. 7.2 def rebounds.

But watching them both in game Green is a lot more active in poking, grabbing, keeping the ball alive for a lot of extra possessions on that team.

I know Julius has that beast in him but seems like he's really preoccupied with his touches and points. I want to see what will be if he just focused on those other numbers and dirty work for a few games. I think he's too talented to be wasting that, as the points should come automatically to him from the results of the dirty work.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject:

So despite Randle rebounding more than Green, Green is a better rebounder because you like the rebounds he gets better? Doesn't make sense, but with the God-like reputation that Green gets here and the way posters love to downgrade the Laker players, it doesn't surprise me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 427, 428, 429 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 428 of 1536
Jump to: