The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject:

Now this is the Julius I've been wanting to see. Not someone who feels he needs to take everyone off the dribble and score every time.

He's a rebounding beast and setting better screens. He scores when he gets the opportunities. Love it.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Now this is the Julius I've been wanting to see. Not someone who feels he needs to take everyone off the dribble and score every time.

He's a rebounding beast and setting better screens. He scores when he gets the opportunities. Love it.

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
getting that trade value nice and high for the future randle/devin booker trade
Booker is being overhyped because he looks like Klay and has a jumper. He's a good young player but we have to slow down a bit. Klay is much more quicker, stronger, better ball handler, and he can defend multiple positions. Randle is a double double machine and he's versatile big. Clarkson is more versatile as a player as well and can play both on the ball and off. I like our core we just need better coaching.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
Booker is being overhyped because he looks like Klay and has a jumper. He's a good young player but we have to slow down a bit. Klay is much more quicker, stronger, better ball handler, and he can defend multiple positions. Randle is a double double machine and he's versatile big. Clarkson is more versatile as a player as well and can play both on the ball and off. I like our core we just need better coaching.

If you're going to tell someone to slow down on Booker, you may want to heed that advice on JC a bit too.

Booker is legit. And he's only 19.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

If you're going to tell someone to slow down on Booker, you may want to heed that advice on JC a bit too. :P

Clarkson is legit, he's only 23 and sat out a year due to NCAA rules.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

If you're going to tell someone to slow down on Booker, you may want to heed that advice on JC a bit too.

He's a full 4 years older than Booker. So don't you see why it's a bit disingenuous to say that Booker is "overhyped" when he's only 19?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject:

@serenawinters:Julius Randle (on TWC) said he "feels like the game is coming easy for me," says the keys are trusting his teammates & not forcing anything.

Ayeee! I knew trusting his teammates was a factor.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

If you're going to tell someone to slow down on Booker, you may want to heed that advice on JC a bit too. :P

He's a full 4 years older than Booker. So don't you see why it's a bit disingenuous to say that Booker is "overhyped" when he's only 19?
Age means little when you have the work ethic of JC. Randle has those same qualities.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Age means little when you have the work ethic of JC. Randle has those same qualities.

From the book of the JC Proverbs, chapter 3, verse 16.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject:

Randle is now a double/double dude, 11th in rebounding and 9th in rebounding percentage. His +/- (RPM) has a l-o-n-g ways to go, however.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Seriously.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

what a joke
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Clarkson is over hyped iso chucker, meh i take booker everyday

Clarkson needs to be traded asap
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Seriously -- what's wrong with you guys?

Why can't they both be legit? It's possible they are both legit. It's possible Kobe and Curry are both incredible, generational type players.

Jeez.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Why does Clarkson need to be traded?

I think we just need to temper our expectations on him just a bit. I love what I'm seeing, but I think he's more of a 6th man on a good team. And I'd love to keep him around in that capacity going forward.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

Julius is finally getting comfortable & letting the game come to him instead of pressing too hard.

He has the talent and ability he just has to learn to be patient & continue to work on and expand every area of his game.

I like what I see in our young core.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

I think the game is coming a little slower to Jules. When he started this year, he was playing at 100 mph instead of surveying the floor. Now he's starting to see the floor a bit better and his rebounding is showing that he understands he can affect the game without having to be the primary scorer.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Julius Randle is currently 4th in the NBA in total rebounds

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/rebounds

only players ahead are Drummond, Deandre, & KAT
via lakesh0w

And at 27.4 MPG...

That's great.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Seriously -- what's wrong with you guys?

Why can't they both be legit? It's possible they are both legit. It's possible Kobe and Curry are both incredible, generational type players.

Jeez.

Because they both aren't legit in a lot of people's opinions. Clarkson is a ball stopper and doesn't play defense. He can be a good sixth man and maybe even low end starter on a championship team. He's 23, age is a factor whether you wanna admit it or not. He's a full grown man who is likely in his ideal physical shape now. He can improve his shot and ball handling but I doubt his court vision improves which is his biggest problem on offense. He has shown very little improvement on defense since last year as well which is his other biggest weakness.

Booker is taller and almost as athletic already. He's only a 19 year old rookie as well. He will fill out more and not lose athleticism. I don't see that being the case with Clarkson. He has the potential to turn into a very good defender where Clarkson is terrible with little signs of improvement. He is not only willing to play off the ball, but he is at his best when he is. Clarkson wants to dribble for 12 seconds a possession.

Just because we are Lakers fans doesn't mean we have to love every young player in the team. Clarkson was a great draft pick and is a pretty good player but he is portrayed as a much better player on here than he actually is. With that said, NO to Randle for Booker but I would do Clarkson and/or a vet for him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
MJST wrote:
Julius Randle is currently 4th in the NBA in total rebounds

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/rebounds

only players ahead are Drummond, Deandre, & KAT
via lakesh0w

And at 27.4 MPG...

That's great.

Absolute Beast!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think we just need to temper our expectations on him just a bit. I love what I'm seeing, but I think he's more of a 6th man on a good team. And I'd love to keep him around in that capacity going forward.

At the same time, it's not a stretch to believe that he's a starting quality guard with the ability to improve his game still on both sides of the ball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At the same time, it's not a stretch to believe that he's a starting quality guard with the ability to improve his game still on both sides of the ball.

Sure. But if we get DRoz or even Westbrook, I think he easily becomes a 6th man of the year combo guard off the bench. DLO slots nicely with the aforementioned 2 because of his passing whereas JC's natural inclination is to attack. That's a great trait off the bench for us.

Again, it's only if we get better SGs that I'd put him in a 6th man role. If we don't get it, then of course we start JC.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Booker is overhyped if one thinks he is worth trading Randle for.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Oh I wouldn't do that trade. But irrespective of that, Booker is going to be a problem in a few years.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
lkjhf wrote:

Oh I wouldn't do that trade. But irrespective of that, Booker is going to be a problem in a few years.

Booker is also getting 37 mins a game right now. Imagine Julius and D'Angelo getting that much burn.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 526, 527, 528 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 527 of 1536
Jump to: