The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 588, 589, 590 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
tox wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Randle's steal that preceded Clarkson's 360 was filthy.
Just swiped it from Hayward. Really nice.

My best KIROE impression, sans vine

Stop being a bully! KIROE-san is a nice kid!

I love KIROE, I just wish I had his vine skillz

I got mad vine skillz m8.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject:

LoL ^ I thought he was gunna clown me when he did his best 'kiroe impression' but he didn't!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LoL ^ I thought he was gunna clown me when he did his best 'kiroe impression' but he didn't!

You laker fam, man. After yesterday, I got nothing but love in my heart for my Laker family
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

You laker fam, man. After yesterday, I got nothing but love in my heart for my Laker family

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

yesterday was amaze balls. love is in the air
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the interview.

Gotta love this guy
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I love how he set those hard and most likely illegal screens to get Kobe open looks. I also love that he was smart enough to know the refs were gonna swallow the whistle and not blow Kobe's moment. Can't wait to see more of him next season!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle "gets it," he knows that without hardwork, grit, will-power and sheer determination that you are just another nobody.

JR obviously has flaws but he is working on them. His style is unorthodox but that is what makes him unique and he has a relentless attitude.

The kid is going to succeed because he outworks people on the glass and in the open court.
When you consider his brute strength and passing skills it is clear that JR will be a force to be reckoned with.

Once he channels the work ethic on to the defensive side and improves his range he will be almost unstoppable.

The future of all our young guys is bright and they now are even better prepared, than most, by having been mentored by an iconic legend and MWP..
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject:

Julius is a, midrange pull up away a from being a 20-10 guy. I Won't be surprised if he averages 18-12-3 next year if he works hard this summer.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Julius is a, midrange pull up away a from being a 20-10 guy. I Won't be surprised if he averages 18-12-3 next year if he works hard this summer.

Julius has alot of raw potential. He showed he can be productive based on his motor alone. Hopefully, better coaching and a few more offseasons of work can turn him into an all star.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

Julius has alot of raw potential. He showed he can be productive based on his motor alone. Hopefully, better coaching and a few more offseasons of work can turn him into an all star.

Agreed w/ yall.

He also is apparently team iron man

https://twitter.com/Iron_Man/status/720067677692145665
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I agree that if he continues to work hard and progress then he could be a 20-10 guy. I think that what he needs is more chemistry and learning how to pick and roll with force. Or he could continue to learn the mid-range and get better at it then he can either pick and pop or pick and roll which would make him way more deadly.

Also, if he ever learns to shoot the 3 watch out!

I thought about this and with the league getting smaller and faster, and more team ball. I think Randle, Clarkson, Dlo, and if we keep the pick Simmons would be a force as all 4 would be able to play the point to a degree. Simmons, Randle, Clarkson, and DLo could all get the rebound and push. Would be amazing to see them.

Might even be the closest Showtime that we can have in this modern era
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Dude is the only young'n that has the Kobe attitude. Our young guards unfortunately seem to have some Nick Young in them.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

Agreed w/ yall.

He also is apparently team iron man

https://twitter.com/Iron_Man/status/720067677692145665

Everyone will be when they see how the movie

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

/SPOILERS

But beforehand that's nice to know as well lol ^_^

Last edited by MJST on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle at the Captain America Civil War premiere:

https://twitter.com/iron_man/status/720067677692145665

Quote:
@Iron_Man (photo) @J30_Randle I stand with #TeamIronMan #CivilWar

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

Yet, Randle insisted he wants to be “great.” Clearly, neither Randle nor the Lakers see a finished product that could entail pairing with rookie forward Larry Nance Jr. on the team’s frontcourt. “I’ll come back better than I can imagine next year,” Randle said. “There’s a lot of areas in my game I can work on. I’ll leave it up to myself to get better in those areas this summer.”

– via San Bernardino County Sun

This makes me appreciate Randle and why I see him as a core leader down the road. DLO/JC are getting a bit too Hollywood while this kid is just grinding in the gym.
najim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

what are the chances we'll see a much improved jumpshot come summer league in July? We'll see what Tracy Murray can do given 2 and a half months.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yet, Randle insisted he wants to be “great.” Clearly, neither Randle nor the Lakers see a finished product that could entail pairing with rookie forward Larry Nance Jr. on the team’s frontcourt. “I’ll come back better than I can imagine next year,” Randle said. “There’s a lot of areas in my game I can work on. I’ll leave it up to myself to get better in those areas this summer.”

This makes me appreciate Randle and why I see him as a core leader down the road. DLO/JC are getting a bit too Hollywood while this kid is just grinding in the gym.

I'm glad you're on board now yinomes better late than never
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've always seen him as the Dray Green heart + soul of the team. I'm still a bit down on his jumper/offense but love his rebounding and heart. Still a raw piece of clay.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dude is the only young'n that has the Kobe attitude. Our young guards unfortunately seem to have some Nick Young in them.

Yes, like Kobe, Randle has one goal and that is to be the best. He will work his butt off this offseason and come back better next season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've always seen him as the Dray Green heart + soul of the team. I'm still a bit down on his jumper/offense but love his rebounding and heart. Still a raw piece of clay.

Oh I'm talking about his leadership ability potential. You haven't been high on that in the past
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh I'm talking about his leadership ability potential. You haven't been high on that in the past

Quite the opposite. I wasn't high on his superstar potential based on his skills; but I've always viewed him as a heart+soul "leader" who may not be the best player but someone the team rallies around.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quite the opposite. I wasn't high on his superstar potential based on his skills; but I've always viewed him as a heart+soul "leader" who may not be the best player but someone the team rallies around.

Eh, not gonna take the time to go back and dig through your posts so I'll take your word for it. BTW you'll see eye to eye with me on our core VS. Minny's if we can get Luke and a competent staff in here yinomes... just wait (hopefully not too long lol)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Here you go.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=175720&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Re: Minny, it's ok to say another team has better talent.

The reason why the Lakers will succeed is we have talent (though not currently better than the Wolves) AND free agency draws. Minny has not been able to do the latter.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Here you go.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=175720&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Re: Minny, it's ok to say another team has better talent.

The reason why the Lakers will succeed is we have talent (though not currently better than the Wolves) AND free agency draws. Minny has not been able to do the latter.

Fair enough, good find.

Re: Minny, Certainly it's ok to say that if that's what you believe. I personally don't believe their young talent is better. Not even talking about FAs. Moreso DLO/JC/JR vs Towns/Lavine/Wiggins for me. But we've debated it enough in the past. It's time to let the play do the talking
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 588, 589, 590 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 589 of 1536
Jump to: