The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 597, 598, 599 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Both missed their 1st season w/an injury

Blake Griffin year 1 - 22.5 pts 12.1 reb 3.8 ast 0.8 stl 0.5 blks 50% FG 64% FT

Julius Randle year 1 - 11.3 pts 10.2 reb 1.8 ast 0.7 stl 0.4 blks 43% FG 71% FT

Is there really a debate on who the BETTER player is.

For those saying Randle's a better athlete, where did Blake's superior production come from? Since he wasn't as good an athlete as Julius, was he that much more skilled than Randle during his 1st year?

Freedom to do whatever he wanted
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Freedom to do whatever he wanted

Can you elaborate on what this freedom is? So if Julius has this type of freedom, he could be a 20pt scorer with that kind of efficiency?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I honestly don't know how he scored that many points without a jumpshot

The fact that Blake was a far more explosive finisher at the rim when he came into the league than Julius was a big factor in that. Most players could only stop Blake at the rim by fouling him. This is not the case with Randle.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Wed May 18, 2016 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I honestly don't know how he scored that many points without a jumpshot

The fact that Blake was a far more explosive finisher at the rim when he came into the league than Julius was a big factor in that.

Ya but that's still a lot more points than Jules. I guess he scored a lot more in the post and in P/R too.
But Julius did have a lot of freedom this year (@chronicle)
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ya but that's still a lot more points than Jules. I guess he scored a lot more in the post and in P/R too.
But Julius did have a lot of freedom this year (@chronicle)

Blake had 214 dunks vs 60 for Julius. Blake shot 69% from 0-3 feet vs 57% for Julius. As much as some here like to compare Julius to athletic freaks like Blake or Lebron, he has far more in common with less explosive guys like Milsap and Draymond when it comes to ways he's able to score.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject:

I wonder what % of the shots were assisted, for Griffin and Randle...

I am going to take a wild guess and say it's 50% - 20%.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
he is just mad we're getting ingram

probably

And the circumstances are completely diff for both during their rookie years. Randle had no where near the green light Blake did, and Randle was also playing with two other touted young players trying to find themselves in the league.

Defenses are far more sophisticated to stop guys w/o a jumper now compared to then as well.

Blake had an awesome rookie year and Randle's was just pretty good. But I don't think that says anything about who will be the better player down the line. My money is still firmly planted on Randle in that regard. Can't wait to see what scrimmaging at Team USA and Luke does for his game!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Snaq O'Meal888
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

Lets say Lakers get Simmons. Randle and Simmons skills overlap. So possibly trade Randle?

If so what is the trade value for Randle?

At this point I would keep both and see how Randle develops. Or perhaps move Randle to Center and play both Randle and Simmons.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject:

The key part of Blake Griffin's athleticism is his insane leaping ability. That really helps you score, especially as a rookie. It was much easier for Griffin to finish over people than Julius, and I said it before, I bet his hands are bigger too.

I don't know if Julius's athleticism will make him more of a threat on offense than Griffin, perhaps in transition. Perhaps he could be a better playmaker, but I doubt Randle will be able to score better than Griffin. Unless he gets a silky smooth jumper and/or three ball. Then all bets are off.

Where I think his athleticism will really shine is on defense, and the ability to switch, hedge, recover and come out and contain a smaller attacker on the perimeter. He won''t ever be a prolific shot blocker, but if he wants, Julius has the athleticism to be a fantastic defender.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

The talk of trading Randle is case we get Simmons is just stupid to me.

Both guys are praised for their versatility, so whether they "fit" shouldn't be an issue.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:

Both guys are praised for their versatility, so whether they "fit" shouldn't be an issue.

Agreed. No need to trade Jules if we get Simmons (who I think would play all 5 positions in a super 6th man role the 1st year).

Would be some heated practices.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:

Yup.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

Simmons and Randle just can't work.. they're both similar players. Can't shoot and not known for defense.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

I reckon it could work and I think you give it until the deadline to try, because the upside there is huge. This is why I wouldn't want us blowing our cash on a max centre if we land Simmons, get someone who will give us time to experiment with small ball lineups.

I just have this vision of Simmons blowing by his man before setting up Nance for a sweet weakside alley-oop. Likewise all those nice spots for Randle - he'll get plenty of good looks to bring that FG% up.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Simmons and Randle just can't work.. they're both similar players. Can't shoot and not known for defense.

Yeah, because they're both completely incapable of improving in either of those areas....
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

You have one come off the bench then, you play one at the 5 for some stretches in some games. You wait a few years to see how they develop their range. They aren't finished players. I don't like people saying that they can't work right now so they will never work.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

You have one come off the bench then, you play one at the 5 for some stretches in some games. You wait a few years to see how they develop their range. They aren't finished players. I don't like people saying that they can't work right now so they will never work.

People just talking out of their backsides.

Remember what Julius did this past season was supposedly impossible according to some because of Julius having "T-rex arms".

It's like on one hand people are calling for a rebuild, but on the other hand they don't want to take the time to let players develop.

These same people demanding Julius be traded would have also traded guys like Draymond Green and Kyle Lowery because they didn't hit the ground running.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:
Lets say Lakers get Simmons. Randle and Simmons skills overlap. So possibly trade Randle?

At this point I would keep both and see how Randle develops. Or perhaps move Randle to Center and play both Randle and Simmons.

Or possibly trade Simmons?

Too early to know either way and we don't even know if we draft Simmons or Ingram or trade the pick
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

Too early to know either way and we don't even know if we draft Simmons or Ingram or trade the pick

I don't see why we can't have both Randle and Simmons. They may not start together but someone like Simmons can literally play all 5 positions.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

I don't see why we can't have both Randle and Simmons. They may not start together but someone like Simmons can literally play all 5 positions.

Yup we can have no clue if they will be able to play together or not. Too early to say
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

Yup we can have no clue if they will be able to play together or not. Too early to say

Imagine a small ball lineup where your center (Simmons) or PF (Randle) can take it coast-to-coast. That's going to be a problem for lots of teams.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

Imagine a small ball lineup where your center (Simmons) or PF (Randle) can take it coast-to-coast. That's going to be a problem for lots of teams.

Take it coast to coast and set it up for the other for an easy layup, or oop.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:

Take it coast to coast and set it up for the other for an easy layup, or oop.

A team of DLO, JC, Randle, Simmons/Ingram is transition death for the opposition. I was screaming from the mountain tops last year how much more effective we'd have been if we just played up tempo.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/733703023667478533
we need analysis of the form in the second pic guise
umanasibo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/733703023667478533
we need analysis of the form in the second pic guise

I can't help but notice how small Julius' hands are.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 597, 598, 599 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 598 of 1536
Jump to: