The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 599, 600, 601 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Because Simmons is a lot longer than Randle(reach) and in the same weight range. If Randle's defensive motor improves then he would be intriguing at the 5 for stretches.

A quarter inch longer reach

No that's wingspan, standing reach he has a 2.5.
Plus more vert to protect the rim

I was wrong on the wingspan anyway, I gave Julius an extra inch. My memory is going.

Happens to me too with the measurements
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Because Simmons is a lot longer than Randle(reach) and in the same weight range. If Randle's defensive motor improves then he would be intriguing at the 5 for stretches.

I was wrong on the wingspan anyway, I gave Julius an extra inch. My memory is going.

we knew that last yr. lol jk
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

At least then I can always think I was right.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Snaq O'Meal888 wrote:
Lets say Lakers get Simmons. Randle and Simmons skills overlap. So possibly trade Randle?

If so what is the trade value for Randle?

At this point I would keep both and see how Randle develops. Or perhaps move Randle to Center and play both Randle and Simmons.

No, work on both of their shots and defense and then unleash that beast on the NBA.

Part of me has my sights set on Brandon Ingram but thinking about having Randle and Simmons on the floor together (in a few years with an improved shot) kind of has me drooling at the possibilities.

If they can move the ball and not be ball dominant.. my gosh that's an interesting duo. Is there another 4 / 5 combo (I'd assume Simmons would be a center even though he doesn't have the length necessary to be a shot blocker) in the NBA that would have those skills?

I think it would be something that the NBA has never seen before.

And the best part of it all? It's not as though positions 1 to 3 would contain slouches. Usually, it's either the back-court that's really dynamic and the front court is so-so or vise-versa or somewhat in the middle for both.

The Lakers would have a dynamic, modern-era front court along with a potentially dynamic back court as well depending on who they acquire / sign.

Let's also not discount the already-there chemistry between D'Angelo Russell and Ben Simmons.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

That is why I prefer signing Biyombo over Whiteside, he is more athletic and can cover much more of the floor. And he sets real man screens.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

Double double as a rookie (essentially his rookie season), not even close to his potential. When was the last time the Lakers had a double-double rookie?

He's gonna be a beast.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
Double double as a rookie (essentially his rookie season), not even close to his potential. When was the last time the Lakers had a double-double rookie?

He's gonna be a beast.

This. I have high hopes for Randle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
mirak wrote:

He's gonna be a beast.

Same
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

mirak wrote:

He's gonna be a beast.

and yet people are itching to trade him for not apparent reason.

I've seen less trade ideas for Nance and Clarkson than I have for Randle.

One of the things i'm most looking forward to next season is seeing the continued development of Randle and Russell.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
mirak wrote:

He's gonna be a beast.

He's driven, he will work on the holes in his game...he will develop an outside shot...and he can play the modern game. People are sleeping on this kid because he's not the latest thing...but he's going to surprise people.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
mirak wrote:

He's gonna be a beast.

One of the things i'm most looking forward to next season is seeing the continued development of Randle and Russell.

That's exactly why. Randle has more value than Nance and Clarkson (the latter of won't be on a cost-controlled rookie deal and also has RFA issues that makes trades harder).
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Randle is a harder worker than any of the other players we have. Hopefully that what allows him to become an elite player
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Randle is a harder worker than any of the other players we have. Hopefully that what allows him to become an elite player

He has the desire to be great. He showed a lot of poise last season in late game situations. He was asking for the ball to be in his hands late in close games.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

He has the desire to be great. He showed a lot of poise last season in late game situations. He was asking for the ball to be in his hands late in close games.

Yep. He showed that in his first summer league game 2 years ago. That was when I saw his ambition!
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Yep. He showed that in his first summer league game 2 years ago. That was when I saw his ambition!

The losing bothered him more than any other player last season. Some people read that as him having an attitude problem, but he really was just sick of losing. It didn't seem to bother Clarkson or Russell as much.

I expect great things from Russel, but sometimes it seems like he expects to be great more than he desires it (if that makes any sense).
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

The losing bothered him more than any other player last season. Some people read that as him having an attitude problem, but he really was just sick of losing. It didn't seem to bother Clarkson or Russell as much.

I expect great things from Russel, but sometimes it seems like he expects to be great more than he desires it (if that makes any sense).

Exactly how I see it as well. Nice to see others feel the same
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Same. An extra inch here and there is sure to impress the scouts, so to speak.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
mirak wrote:

He's gonna be a beast.

1st Randle and Simmons are somewhat redundant.

2nd Randle should bring us more value back than Nance

3rd there is no player with more "trade him" and "bench him" posts than JC, maybe just Nick Young.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Same. An extra inch here and there is sure to impress the scouts, so to speak.

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/f0a1f4e6c10db315325947003983047a5c796e5aef9b9ae37274b5e0c770437b_1.jpg
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That is why I prefer signing Biyombo over Whiteside, he is more athletic and can cover much more of the floor. And he sets real man screens.

Biyombo is not more athletic than whiteside, have you ever watched whiteside? Whiteside is better at everything, the problem most people see is we are more likely to get biyombo than whiteside because whiteside will have a lot of suitors offering him the max
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Biyombo is not more athletic than whiteside, have you ever watched whiteside? Whiteside is better at everything, the problem most people see is we are more likely to get biyombo than whiteside because whiteside will have a lot of suitors offering him the max

in some functional ways on the court, Biyombo is more athletic - it's the quickness advantage. Quicker when screening and rolling, much better guarding the P/R.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject:

So in just over a year we'll be talking extension for Randle. What's the contract looking like if it happens?
I think when it comes to Randle, best course is to make him a RFA but personally, I think the even better move is to trade him ASAP.

I just can't see how in 2 years Randle is going to be worth the 20 odd million he'll be entitled to and sure to command
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes I have seen Whiteside, I have seen him go for every block and then watch his own man get easy dunks. I have seen him not willing to leave the paint to challenge wings. Biyombo has better footwork and can challenge wings on the perimeter. Whiteside doesn't even make the effort..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
So in just over a year we'll be talking extension for Randle. What's the contract looking like if it happens?
I think when it comes to Randle, best course is to make him a RFA but personally, I think the even better move is to trade him ASAP.

I just can't see how in 2 years Randle is going to be worth the 20 odd million he'll be entitled to and sure to command

The gun. You're jumping it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:

Trade Randle now because we might have to pay him in two years? Oh my God.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 599, 600, 601 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 600 of 1536
Jump to: