The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 600, 601, 602 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Randle is an all-star if he gets a mid-range game. His FG% needs to improve a lot; he's missing a bunch of near-basket shots because his shot is broken. He shoots like a shot put (a push) when he should be using a throw.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Love Randle's game. Another great pick by Mitch. I'm expecting him to improve on defense and his mid range game this off season. I can't wait for training camp. Jesus!
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

randle for adams tbh. throw in something else if okc balks. we need a savage like adams who can defend
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Is Julius Randle Expendable?

Quote:
Either player would be great for the Lakers, however, they both potentially fill a position at which the Lakers already, the power forward slot. So the question must be asked, if either of those college studs goes second overall, is Randle expendable?

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/23/lakers-offseason-rumors-julius-randle-trade-is-he-expendable/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
randle for adams tbh. throw in something else if okc balks. we need a savage like adams who can defend

OKC would hang up in Mitch's face...... click.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
So in just over a year we'll be talking extension for Randle. What's the contract looking like if it happens?
I think when it comes to Randle, best course is to make him a RFA but personally, I think the even better move is to trade him ASAP.

I just can't see how in 2 years Randle is going to be worth the 20 odd million he'll be entitled to and sure to command

Trade Randle now because we might have to pay him in two years? Oh my God.

Eish, clues aren't exclusive mate. I'm not pro trading Randle simply because he's up for an extension....you're prodigious coming to that firm conclusion

Randle is a gloss player, an athletic undersized PF who can rebound and push the ball forward...so he can rebound.
I'd trade that for a center who can defend, but that's just me. Randle's best...to a degree only quality can be replicated within the same price it would take to pay a good center. I don't get why we'll have to compensate him, maybe in 13 months, for only being good at one thing when we can pay someone else the money he'd be receiving for being good at multiple facets(defending and rebounding) of the same game...but that's just me.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Randle is a grinder and has the physical tools. You don't give up on a double-double guy after the first season. Honestly, even when it comes to vets both on the team and outside of the team - he's the hombre who gets the most respect. MWP, Kobe, Dirk, and others all believe Randle have the it quality.

Heck in his draft class of elite frosh... there were long stretches where he was better than any of them. You don't dump the guy because he's about an inch short in height and a slightly shorter reach than you want.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
So in just over a year we'll be talking extension for Randle. What's the contract looking like if it happens?
I think when it comes to Randle, best course is to make him a RFA but personally, I think the even better move is to trade him ASAP.

I just can't see how in 2 years Randle is going to be worth the 20 odd million he'll be entitled to and sure to command

Eish, clues aren't exclusive mate. I'm not pro trading Randle simply because he's up for an extension....you're prodigious coming to that firm conclusion

Randle is a gloss player, an athletic undersized PF who can rebound and push the ball forward...so he can rebound.
I'd trade that for a center who can defend, but that's just me. Randle's best...to a degree only quality can be replicated within the same price it would take to pay a good center. I don't get why we'll have to compensate him, maybe in 13 months, for only being good at one thing when we can pay someone else the money he'd be receiving for being good at multiple facets(defending and rebounding) of the same game...but that's just me.

I'm sorry, since when is a player who has played only 1 full season a finished product?

This might be one of the worst posts on LG in quite awhile. And there's a lot of competition for that title so my hat is off to you sir. Kudos.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

I'm sorry, since when is a player who has played only 1 full season a finished product?

This might be one of the worst posts on LG in quite awhile. And there's a lot of competition for that title so my hat is off to you sir. Kudos.

Wow, what a guy. I think, and I extend you that same courtesy, its common, the courtesy, to take what I said and try to understand it without spewing criticism for the sake of it.

Do you think, honestly now, that there exists one basketball soul in the entire galaxy who thinks a 21yr old, who basically just came off his rookie year is a finished product??

I'm I so unclear in what I'm trying to say?

I think Randle ceiling is not that high(in a winning context) and I think by trading him, we can get something in return of more value.
What we get may not be as good as Randle can become but it would help us in more ways, than he can.

Julius could mature into an 18.11.3 highlight reel player but I'd much rather have a 10.10.2 center who plays stellar defence.
How is that so far fetched?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject:

LOL at the notions that

1) We should trade Randle

2) that we should trade Randle for Adams

3) That Adams is so much better than Randle that OKC would hang up on us if we offered it

Keep sleeping on Randle.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

Notice the assumption you're making. Who's to say that Randle won't be a good rebounder and defender in a year?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
22 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

Wow, what a guy. I think, and I extend you that same courtesy, its common, the courtesy, to take what I said and try to understand it without spewing criticism for the sake of it.

Do you think, honestly now, that there exists one basketball soul in the entire galaxy who thinks a 21yr old, who basically just came off his rookie year is a finished product??

I think Randle ceiling is not that high(in a winning context) and I think by trading him, we can get something in return of more value.
What we get may not be as good as Randle can become but it would help us in more ways, than he can.

Julius could mature into an 18.11.3 highlight reel player but I'd much rather have a 10.10.2 center who plays stellar defence.

Once again, another horrible assumption on your part. Why trade Randle for a center that's a good rebounder, defender, and averages a double-double? Can't the Lakers sign a free agent center this summer who does those things? Or who knows, maybe they pull off a trade (one that doesn't involve Randle) and acquire that kind of center from another team. You're reducing it to an either or scenario when you don't have to.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject:

Randle had a better rookie season than Noel has mustred in 2. He did it while also being coached by the worst NBA Coach of all time.

As I said, keep sleeping on Randle.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Randle had a better rookie season than Noel has mustred in 2. He did it while also being coached by the worst NBA Coach of all time.

ya imma stay sleeping on him. unless he suddenly becomes draymond on D(he won't) he can't make up for his offensive deficiencies.

grabbing a bunch of boards is cool but you gotta be able to play D (looking at u kevin love - we don't have a bron on our team to carry traffic cones on defense like kyrie/love/randle).

thankfully FO is hungry for wins and they'd be willing to trade randle for a more impactful player/not get attached to him

ADAMS LOOMS
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
22 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

Once again, another horrible assumption on your part. Why trade Randle for a center that's a good rebounder, defender, and averages a double-double? Can't the Lakers sign a free agent center this summer who does those things? Or who knows, maybe they pull off a trade (one that doesn't involve Randle) and acquire that kind of center from another team. You're reducing it to an either or scenario when you don't have to.

the reality is we're all assuming, I'm just assuming differently....but I can see easily how my POV is rubbing people the wrong way.

Why give up a piece in a trade, when we can +1 without letting go of anything? That's a good argument, hell its like common sense. I get that and I see very much the reasoning in it.
I counter though, that the '+1' we MIGHT acquire won't be at the same level as what we'd get after a trade, won't be of 'preferred age range' and so won't max out potentially at the same time as the rest of our young players.
I'm also assuming Randle won't max out the way many think he will so that's how I arrive at us trading him and not having to tie ourselves to him for the near future.

Last edited by lakerhaterhater on Tue May 31, 2016 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

So, what you're saying is Randle is more valuable than Noel, I have to disagree.
If the sixers offered us that deal you wouldn't take it?
I think most of us would....but its unlikely to happen and we're not talking about Noel alone here
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Randle for Noel.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
MJST wrote:

ya imma stay sleeping on him. unless he suddenly becomes draymond on D(he won't) he can't make up for his offensive deficiencies.

grabbing a bunch of boards is cool but you gotta be able to play D (looking at u kevin love - we don't have a bron on our team to carry traffic cones on defense like kyrie/love/randle).

thankfully FO is hungry for wins and they'd be willing to trade randle for a more impactful player/not get attached to him

ADAMS LOOMS

These Randle hating posts keep getting more ridiculous each time. Randle doesn't have to be Draymond 2.0. He has to improve his defense of course, but he's already a great rebounder and lol at rebounds being nice. Lol no if you know anything about rebounds they're everything. Getting extra possessions, second chance points, starting breaks, it means a lot. As for the rest of his offensive game if he improves his jump shot all of a sudden we can start running more pick and pops which will open up more pick and rolls. Randle goes from a 11/11 guy to possibly 15 or 16/11. Keeps working on his right hand and that right there allows him to be a 20/10 guy with being undersized which doesn't even matter in the NBA anymore anyway.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I wouldn't trade Randle for Noel.

oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LOL at the notions that

1) We should trade Randle

2) that we should trade Randle for Adams

3) That Adams is so much better than Randle that OKC would hang up on us if we offered it

Keep sleeping on Randle.

Mitch would be the one hanging up if OKC offered Adams for Randle. The front office is smart enough to know that our young guys aren't anywhere near finished products. Luckily for the franchise, just like they did with Bynum, they know the potential and true value the players hold, and wont sell them for pennies on the dollar.
sydneykb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject:

In spite of less talent, Randle is the last young guy I want to move. He has the heart and drive to be the best. His hard work and preparation will pay off.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject:

Randle should play a bit like Ibaka (i know, i know, Draymond is a better comp, able to push ball) but weakside blocks, boards and consistent jumpers, extend range to 3pt when left open
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

Let's just Randle be Randle & let's the others copycat him. A litlle less spin in the insidegame and a better form in the middle game and 15 & 11 will come easily
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Let's just Randle be Randle & let's the others copycat him. A litlle less spin in the insidegame and a better form in the middle game and 15 & 11 will come easily

Yup, and with his lateral quickness and muscle, he has great potential on D.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

why does this thread fall into shambles every two weeks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 600, 601, 602 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 601 of 1536
Jump to: