The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 601, 602, 603 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
why does this thread fall into shambles every two weeks

because people keep coming up with these really dumb/insane trade scenarios and predictions about his career. I thought I'd seen it all when people said DLO would be Andre Miller or Derek Fisher. But LG never disappoints
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
22 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
So in just over a year we'll be talking extension for Randle. What's the contract looking like if it happens?
I think when it comes to Randle, best course is to make him a RFA but personally, I think the even better move is to trade him ASAP.

I just can't see how in 2 years Randle is going to be worth the 20 odd million he'll be entitled to and sure to command

Trade Randle now because we might have to pay him in two years? Oh my God.

Eish, clues aren't exclusive mate. I'm not pro trading Randle simply because he's up for an extension....you're prodigious coming to that firm conclusion

Randle is a gloss player, an athletic undersized PF who can rebound and push the ball forward...so he can rebound.
I'd trade that for a center who can defend, but that's just me. Randle's best...to a degree only quality can be replicated within the same price it would take to pay a good center. I don't get why we'll have to compensate him, maybe in 13 months, for only being good at one thing when we can pay someone else the money he'd be receiving for being good at multiple facets(defending and rebounding) of the same game...but that's just me.

I'm sorry, since when is a player who has played only 1 full season a finished product?

This might be one of the worst posts on LG in quite awhile. And there's a lot of competition for that title so my hat is off to you sir. Kudos.

Wow, what a guy. I think, and I extend you that same courtesy, its common, the courtesy, to take what I said and try to understand it without spewing criticism for the sake of it.

Do you think, honestly now, that there exists one basketball soul in the entire galaxy who thinks a 21yr old, who basically just came off his rookie year is a finished product??

I'm I so unclear in what I'm trying to say?

I think Randle ceiling is not that high(in a winning context) and I think by trading him, we can get something in return of more value.
What we get may not be as good as Randle can become but it would help us in more ways, than he can.

Julius could mature into an 18.11.3 highlight reel player but I'd much rather have a 10.10.2 center who plays stellar defence.
How is that so far fetched?

Why not sign a center in free agency and keep Randle? Simple solution. And one thing I have been told is that Mitch is sold on Randle, he would trade him for a star but it would take a no brainer package for the Lakers to deal him.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
22 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
So in just over a year we'll be talking extension for Randle. What's the contract looking like if it happens?
I think when it comes to Randle, best course is to make him a RFA but personally, I think the even better move is to trade him ASAP.

I just can't see how in 2 years Randle is going to be worth the 20 odd million he'll be entitled to and sure to command

Trade Randle now because we might have to pay him in two years? Oh my God.

Eish, clues aren't exclusive mate. I'm not pro trading Randle simply because he's up for an extension....you're prodigious coming to that firm conclusion

Randle is a gloss player, an athletic undersized PF who can rebound and push the ball forward...so he can rebound.
I'd trade that for a center who can defend, but that's just me. Randle's best...to a degree only quality can be replicated within the same price it would take to pay a good center. I don't get why we'll have to compensate him, maybe in 13 months, for only being good at one thing when we can pay someone else the money he'd be receiving for being good at multiple facets(defending and rebounding) of the same game...but that's just me.

I'm sorry, since when is a player who has played only 1 full season a finished product?

This might be one of the worst posts on LG in quite awhile. And there's a lot of competition for that title so my hat is off to you sir. Kudos.

Wow, what a guy. I think, and I extend you that same courtesy, its common, the courtesy, to take what I said and try to understand it without spewing criticism for the sake of it.

Do you think, honestly now, that there exists one basketball soul in the entire galaxy who thinks a 21yr old, who basically just came off his rookie year is a finished product??

I'm I so unclear in what I'm trying to say?

I think Randle ceiling is not that high(in a winning context) and I think by trading him, we can get something in return of more value.
What we get may not be as good as Randle can become but it would help us in more ways, than he can.

Julius could mature into an 18.11.3 highlight reel player but I'd much rather have a 10.10.2 center who plays stellar defence.
How is that so far fetched?

Why not sign a center in free agency and keep Randle? Simple solution. And one thing I have been told is that Mitch is sold on Randle, he would trade him for a star but it would take a no brainer package for the Lakers to deal him.

Honestly the people that don't seem to be high on Randle are some of the posters on here. Mitch seemed downright giddy (well, for him) that Randle even fell to them in the draft. The players that Randle has played against at his position have all praised him and said he'll be a beast and unstoppable in a few years.

As you said it's better to try and nab a center in free agency and keep Randle. You don't trade Randle unless you can get a sure fight superstar that can put us into legit contention. No silly trades that amount to lateral moves just to get a name (looking at you "trade him for Cousins" people).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Plus there are good centers available in free agency, it isn't like there are a bunch of stiffs.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Randle is an all-star if he gets a mid-range game. His FG% needs to improve a lot; he's missing a bunch of near-basket shots because his shot is broken. He shoots like a shot put (a push) when he should be using a throw.

I'm really, really excited about this kid. He was effective in his first true season, coming off an injury, with only a rudimentary game. Do people really think he's peaked at 20? With his work ethic?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
Randle is an all-star if he gets a mid-range game. His FG% needs to improve a lot; he's missing a bunch of near-basket shots because his shot is broken. He shoots like a shot put (a push) when he should be using a throw.

I'm really, really excited about this kid. He was effective in his first true season, coming off an injury, with only a rudimentary game. Do people really think he's peaked at 20? With his work ethic?

Hes not posting vids and pics on social media so people dont realize how hard he works
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

With Randle, we are done at 4. He is capable to be one of a big 3 i.e. Russell, Ingram, Randle
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
With Randle, we are done at 4. He is capable to be one of a big 3 i.e. Russell, Ingram, Randle

This is the dream. We just don't know.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Would like to get a few looks at him at the center position
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
mirak wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

Hes not posting vids and pics on social media so people dont realize how hard he works

Randle > Jabari
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject:

When you think about the strides Julius and DLO made from summer league on to the end of the season, and can reasonably expect a similar improvement this year, exciting times are ahead.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

I dont know who the hell jabroni parker is but Randle is going to be the best player of his draft class
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
When you think about the strides Julius and DLO made from summer league on to the end of the season, and can reasonably expect a similar improvement this year, exciting times are ahead.

It means a really significant improvement.

I hope you are right about that, but I don't know if they keep this steep learning curve. We need it, but I thing it's safer keeping the expectations a bit down.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

25 mins of don julio grown manness
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

The way the game is played today, true power forwards are centers since there aren't any long tall centers with post game anymore. If a guy like whiteside or hibbert or mozgov actually had skilled post game, and more centers of that size had post game, then it would be useful to have those behemoths because their size advantage would be exploited via post game. Since there is not even a handful of long big men with post game, power forwards (still strong enough to rebound and defend larger players) are centers. Only big men I can see randle struggling against are davis and Porzingis because they're just too long for him. N
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

The dude became my favorite player last year. Gritty smashmouth player but with the vision athleticism and handles that make him versatile. His form doesnt make me optimistic that a jumper is coming, but he'll be rock solid regardless.
Power Gasol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Anyone saying we should trade Randle are fools. He's played one full season. Sure he has some glaring offensive and defensive flaws, but both can be improved. He has heart and a strong work ethic, which is what you'd want in a Laker. Everyone should be excited to see what he brings to the table under Luke this season.

I (bleep) love this dude. He has the potential to become a perennial star in this league and the Lakers are lucky to have him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Power Gasol wrote:
Anyone saying we should trade Randle are fools. He's played one full season. Sure he has some glaring offensive and defensive flaws, but both can be improved. He has heart and a strong work ethic, which is what you'd want in a Laker. Everyone should be excited to see what he brings to the table under Luke this season.

I (bleep) love this dude. He has the potential to become a perennial star in this league and the Lakers are lucky to have him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Plus there are good centers available in free agency, it isn't like there are a bunch of stiffs.

I think the 'asset category' FA center is Whiteside Biyombo deep. If we get either, that alone is a successful FA... I just want that to be clear.
The Noah, Ezeli, Al J(maybe) teir won't add value beyond the immediate future especially indirectly(trade)
If that fails we have the option of a Zelleresque signing, and hope he develops into something, anything that can add value directly or not to our team. Now this course of action alone is insufficient, so looking at the pieces we have and assuming another complete (bleep) up from the FO, I arrived at trading Randle for a center. This is a scenario that seems unlikely right, I admit and I hope we get a center(BB) but if we do find ourselves in this position, its worth considering
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6o-wwVWfkk

25 mins of don julio grown manness

Watched all of it. The very last game shown against denver, that MONSTER DUNK with the goggles! I love goggles! It's JAMES WORHTY right there!
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject:

You don't trade guys like Julius, period.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

I'm not advocating trading him by any means, but for the right deal you trade any player from a 17 win roster.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

Well that's just not true. An easy argument could always be made about trading an undersized 4 who can neither shoot nor defend.

Yes, he's still very young and CAN get better but that does not at all mean he WILL.

The option of trading Randle is not off the table completely, he's hardly untouchable as of right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

Jules averaged a double double his first year. I think for certain we should give him more time, unless there's an offer we can't refuse.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

Defensively he's fine. It really comes down to an if then argument. If Randle learns to shoot then he will be an All-Star. (For Reals!)

If he doesn't, we still have a serviceable player. But I can't imagine a scenario where he isn't learning to be a threat from the outside. Seems like a guy that has a lot of pride in himself and in his game.

We won't know really for another couple of years. If he still can't spread the offense under Luke's system he will be traded (Unless he wants to play C).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 601, 602, 603 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 602 of 1536
Jump to: