The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 743, 744, 745 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
JR made me eat my words tonight. I'll give credit where due. He had some lapses on DEF and a few OC plays on offense. But he was efficient and played to his strengths for the majority of the game. In the paint he can be a monster... it's OUTSIDE the paint that concerns me.

He attempted a 3 tonight, which was encouraging. But he had a couple of wide open 18 footers available to him where he didn't even look at the basket

Luke wants him moving the ball. It's been said quite a bit that Luke doesn't want Julius taking jumpers as soon as he touches the ball, that he needs to move it and if it comes back to him then he should take those open looks.

There was really no point in him taking any jumpers tonight considering he dominated whoever was guarding him in the paint.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
JR made me eat my words tonight. I'll give credit where due. He had some lapses on DEF and a few OC plays on offense. But he was efficient and played to his strengths for the majority of the game. In the paint he can be a monster... it's OUTSIDE the paint that concerns me.

He attempted a 3 tonight, which was encouraging. But he had a couple of wide open 18 footers available to him where he didn't even look at the basket

Luke wants him moving the ball. It's been said quite a bit that Luke doesn't want Julius taking jumpers as soon as he touches the ball, that he needs to move it and if it comes back to him then he should take those open looks.

There was really no point in him taking any jumpers tonight considering he dominated whoever was guarding him in the paint.

True dat
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject:

Very impressed with jules tonight.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject:

Loved what I saw in Julius tonight. And I'm glad some of the doubters did too. The guy has talent AND potential. Good play-making off the dribble. Post up buckets. Driving buckets. And then defensive awareness on Harden in crunch time? Of course the season will be peaks and valley - that's how it will be for ALL of them - but hopefully Julius has earned some good will from the naysayers when the valleys come.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject:

Gomur wrote:
Loved what I saw in Julius tonight. And I'm glad some of the doubters did too. The guy has talent AND potential. Good play-making off the dribble. Post up buckets. Driving buckets. And then defensive awareness on Harden in crunch time? Of course the season will be peaks and valley - that's how it will be for ALL of them - but hopefully Julius has earned some good will from the naysayers when the valleys come.

I can guarantee that is a nope for a lot of them. They'll be back out if he has a bad game.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject:

Loved his work in the paint and that late block on Harden. Hope to see a lot more of that this season and less of the iso on the perimeter stuff he did so much last year.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject:

I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching Julius more than last night. Playing with patience but with energy, moving the ball, taking what the defense gives him, making defensive plays himself. It was a joy to watch. I hate to bring this up again, but the Draymond comparisons never looked more legitimate -than tonight, imo. But it's just one game against the D'Antoni-coached Rockets. The key for the whole team will be consistency.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://twitter.com/Scott_Charlton/status/791506270901641216

My favorite play of the game. Hoping that motivates him to really take pride in being a great defender.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject:

Yesterday I was one of the only people in this thread saying randle was a good perimeter defender

"nance is a far better defender" . no he's not. they both have their own strengths and weaknesses on the defensive end. Randle is good on the perimeter and on the pick and roll
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

My favorite play of the game. Hoping that motivates him to really take pride in being a great defender.

Block was so clean, even Harden couldn't flop and complain about it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject:

Player of the game imo.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject:

Impressive part is he did a lot of damage aganist a solid athletic defender in Capela.

Also it's pretty amazing to see him rack up all of these high assist games by simply making the right play on offense. Randle and Dlo's assist numbers would of been higher if Nick was knocking down shots.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject:

I eat humble pie of (bleep) last night. Hope he is consistent on a night basis and u leashes that jumper
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject:

Every time people try to write Julius off he rises to the occasion.
He played rock solid last night and his confidence was soaring.

When he is on like that (mentally & physically), with his skill-set, he is a heavy load to handle for any defender.

I'm happy for him bouncing back like that and proving that he belongs.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

Happy to see that pwrformance. Want to see it consistently from him, especially defensively, and especially on nights when his offense isn't working.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

Can we get an update on that Russell+Randle on/off stat?

It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject:

Just got to have patience with these young guys. Loved the way Don Julio played.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
I eat humble pie of (bleep) last night. Hope he is consistent on a night basis and u leashes that jumper

Consistency is no friend of the young
thenextgreat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

He played well and under control. My criticism of Randle has not been that he can't play...it's his fit into this team. Last night was a good step to proving me wrong. I hope it continues
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

thenextgreat wrote:
He played well and under control. My criticism of Randle has not been that he can't play...it's his fit into this team. Last night was a good step to proving me wrong. I hope it continues
if he starts Jc can't and vice versa imo. Jr has a little more nuance to his game than jc but both guys just put their heads down and attack.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

I enjoyed this play a lot. DLo looked gassed right before it, saw Julius with the matchup, tossed him the ball and walked away as if to say, "go to it, big fella".

https://twitter.com/Scott_Charlton/status/791506945916166144
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject:

Impressive stuff from Randle last night. He has never had a better shooting game as a pro. I know that he did all of his damage in the paint last season, but he still shot a poor FG%. His efficiency in the paint looked much improved in the preseason, and it's great to see him start the season off with a bang.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Yesterday I was one of the only people in this thread saying randle was a good perimeter defender

"nance is a far better defender" . no he's not. they both have their own strengths and weaknesses on the defensive end. Randle is good on the perimeter and on the pick and roll

Randle is a better man defender, and Nance is a better team defender. I still give the edge to Nance because you don't see him have the kind of defensive lapses that Randle does. Still, Randle is learning, and if his defensive IQ can improve, he has a higher ceiling defensively than Nance because Randle actually has quick enough feet to check perimeter players.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

He is still a work in progress, but he certainly is progressing. Just keep working hard on that J and it'll get there eventually

But great decision making tonight, posting up smaller guys and attacking bigger guys off the dribble
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

Randle had a good game doing what he always does. The difference is those flings at the basket bounced in. He's still an iso scorer and has tunnel vision going to the basket. When he goes on his runs, other players aren't really involved. I'm glad it worked last night but I'm not a fan of his play style. Non-MDA teams are going to cut off those drives and force him right. Let the flaming begin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 743, 744, 745 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 744 of 1536
Jump to: