The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 744, 745, 746 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject:

Kid's only 21! Wonder what he'll look like athletically in a year or 3!
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject:

Last night might have been Randles best all around game of his career. His man defense was excellent too he bothered harden on those switches
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Randle had a good game doing what he always does. The difference is those flings at the basket bounced in. He's still an iso scorer and has tunnel vision going to the basket. When he goes on his runs, other players aren't really involved. I'm glad it worked last night but I'm not a fan of his play style. Non-MDA teams are going to cut off those drives and force him right. Let the flaming begin.

He had one fling that bounced in. All of his other makes were solid, controlled scores. However, I don't disagree that Randle still has a lot to work on. It will be up to Randle to make the proper adjustments. Being able to hit the midrange J would open up his game tremendously, but we really haven't seen him shoot that comfortably despite all the talk of his offseason work on improving his J. Randle is our biggest work in progress, but I trust the coaching staff to develop him properly.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Randle had a good game doing what he always does. The difference is those flings at the basket bounced in. He's still an iso scorer and has tunnel vision going to the basket. When he goes on his runs, other players aren't really involved. I'm glad it worked last night but I'm not a fan of his play style. Non-MDA teams are going to cut off those drives and force him right. Let the flaming begin.

He had one fling that bounced in. All of his other makes were solid, controlled scores. However, I don't disagree that Randle still has a lot to work on. It will be up to Randle to make the proper adjustments. Being able to hit the midrange J would open up his game tremendously, but we really haven't seen him shoot that comfortably despite all the talk of his offseason work on improving his J. Randle is our biggest work in progress, but I trust the coaching staff to develop him properly.

Well, maybe fling is a strong word. I'll have to go back and watch the game. But there were many times where I was surprised his shot went in. I don't know what it is about the way he shoots in the paint, it makes me wince every time.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Well, maybe fling is a strong word. I'll have to go back and watch the game. But there were many times where I was surprised his shot went in. I don't know what it is about the way he shoots in the paint, it makes me wince every time.

The only other shot he made that looked awkward was the and-1 he drew, but he got knocked off balance on that shot to begin with. Everything else was nice and controlled. He even had that nice post-up in the 1st where he threw up a nice looking floater. His movements were certainly awkward last season, but he looks much improved this season. Of course, he's used to contorting his body on shots because that's all part of his muscle memory. However, I've noticed a marked improvement in terms of his fluidity and touch around the paint this season.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

yeah, that stop on harden is the clip the coaching staff gotta make him watch in repeat over and over again, if he can play that kind of defense while sharing and rebounding the ball he has a place in this league as a starter
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

I've been a very hard critic on Randle but he shut up the haters for at least a game last night. He doesn't need to do that all the time but if he can continue to rebound, be a mobile pick and roll defender, push the tempo while being controlled after a rebound, initiate some of the offense and start being a respectable shooter then the future is very bright for him.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Nailed it, although less than half his shots were his usual flip/prayer shots. Most of his shots were legit buckets.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Every time people try to write Julius off he rises to the occasion.

Last night was his 83rd game in the league? How many times has he been written off and risen to the occasion?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
He's still an iso scorer and has tunnel vision going to the basket.

This one makes no sense to me. He had 6 assists last night, he had 5 assists twice during the preseason while being their best non-guard passer. Where does the tunnel vision part come in?
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

This one makes no sense to me. He had 6 assists last night, he had 5 assists twice during the preseason while being their best non-guard passer. Where does the tunnel vision part come in?

I remember specifically the play where he drove on Anderson, Anderson had good position for the charge, so instead of bowling him over like last year, he held up and kicked it out to an open DLO for the three.

That's fantastic. Why have Randle shoot the three when we he can get an open look for Russel?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Nailed it, although less than half his shots were his usual flip/prayer shots. Most of his shots were legit buckets.

I didn't catch the last 4-5 minutes of the 1st half, but I caught the highlights and saw that he did have a couple of baskets at the end of the half where he had those lower body contortions we saw so much of last year. Still, the shots that he made in those instances were legit in terms of displaying good touch and feel around the hoop. He has clearly worked a lot this offseason on finishing in the paint.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I remember specifically the play where he drove on Anderson, Anderson had good position for the charge, so instead of bowling him over like last year, he held up and kicked it out to an open DLO for the three.

That's fantastic. Why have Randle shoot the three when we he can get an open look for Russel?

Aside from possibly JC, Randle is likely to be our best option in terms of driving and kicking. With the current starting lineup, both DLO and Swaggy are going to benefit tremendously from this.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject:

This was the type of game JR will thrive in and it showed. He was a huge difference maker last night. For all his grown man move drives to the basket, my favorite play was his block on Harden in crunch time.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

SHOOT THE J DON JULIO!

SHOOT DA JAY

Did he only take one jumpshot last night?

!...
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
SHOOT THE J DON JULIO!

SHOOT DA JAY

He took one 3, and that's it. I have a feeling that he's been testing that shot out in practice without much success.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
SHOOT THE J DON JULIO!

SHOOT DA JAY

He had a turn around jumper in the short corner for an airball and a wide open three he missed.

His only two misses.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I didn't catch the last 4-5 minutes of the 1st half, but I caught the highlights and saw that he did have a couple of baskets at the end of the half where he had those lower body contortions we saw so much of last year. Still, the shots that he made in those instances were legit in terms of displaying good touch and feel around the hoop. He has clearly worked a lot this offseason on finishing in the paint.

This

He is doing a really better job playing the big man's game this season and his two man game is improving as well.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
SHOOT THE J DON JULIO!

SHOOT DA JAY

He had a turn around jumper in the short corner for an airball and a wide open three he missed.

His only two misses.

He was hesitant to let that 3 fly. With time, he will be shooting it right when he gets the ball and he is that wide open.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

If Randle and Ingram can continue being ball handlers, this will really help our main ballhandlers like DLO and JC too, and let them even play off ball too. Adds a different weapon.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Roon wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
SHOOT THE J DON JULIO!

SHOOT DA JAY

His only two misses.

He was hesitant to let that 3 fly. With time, he will be shooting it right when he gets the ball and he is that wide open.

that's the next step in his offensive game. Could take a year or 2. Hopefully sooner than later
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

22, big day for you yesterday!

Myles "Hips" Turner killed it and Jules looked great!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

Mermuys need to teach Jules to use the board, no more flicking shots at the end of a good drive
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

Was really happy with how Randle played. His jumper still didn't look very good (only took 1 I think), but he was getting to the rim.

Also liked how he (and Ingram) were running the offense at times.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22, big day for you yesterday!

Myles "Hips" Turner killed it and Jules looked great!

Most important thing for me is the Lakers win. I just think Julius will be a big part of things when we turn this around.

I had saw Turner was trending on Twitter, but never checked how it went (Not lakers, not my priority lol). Gonna go see how he, Anthony Davis, and Embiid did. Has KAT played yet?

Last edited by 22 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 744, 745, 746 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 745 of 1536
Jump to: