The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 904, 905, 906 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

its not brainwashing tho

for purposes of talking about his actual development regardless of contract status, the fact that he missed 81 games of NBA basketball kinda matters

people getting anxious about paying him in his current state have every right to, but im not about to analyze him on a 3rd year curve skillwise just because thats what his contract says

And it isn't like the FO will have to make a decision on him anytime soon.

I think part of the anxiety is the assumption that he would fight to get as much money as he can and might take it as some sort of slight if he doesn't. People seemed convinced that he's some kind of thin skinned dude who doesn't handle criticism well and thinks he's better than he is, and those notions are bleeding into some of the worry about the upcoming contract.

I think he's every bit as capable as JC of taking a deal that is "reasonable" to help the team and ensure he stays here

but nobody knows so we all just out here yammering
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

i use to be a JR stan but his recent play and lack of hustle has been turning me off. Wouldnt mind if him and JC got dealt
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I know Julius missed his rookie season, but he was around just like Embiid and my point about Randle is that if you can't learn how to set a screen after 3 seasons under a NBA program and you are a big that can't finish around the basket so you are not going to see the money, but he seems to be someone with the mindset of a superstar and it may be a problem trying to sign him.

Last edited by nash on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
i use to be a JR stan but his recent play and lack of hustle has been turning me off. Wouldnt mind if him and JC got dealt

real stans stay living the staniel life forebbers tho fam

aint no former stannery allowed in this dancery

PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

i went to war for dude vs jabari stand on other forums. if he only played as hard as i stanned hed be an all star by now
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Randle just isnt that good. He had his turn start Nance and see what he can do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

its not brainwashing tho

for purposes of talking about his actual development regardless of contract status, the fact that he missed 81 games of NBA basketball kinda matters

people getting anxious about paying him in his current state have every right to, but im not about to analyze him on a 3rd year curve skillwise just because thats what his contract says

After next year we'd either have to extend him or pick up his qualifying option then he becomes a RFA.

Yes, I don't consider that anytime soon. We will have another 100 plus games to evaluate him.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
I know he missed his rookie seasons, but he was around just like Embiid and my point about Randle is that if you can't learn how to set a screen after 3 seasons under a NBA program and you are a big that can't finish around the basket so you are not going to see the money, but he seems to be someone with the mindset of a superstar and it may be a problem trying to sign him.

he can finish around the basket tho

people might not like the way it looks, but he can finish around the basket

and what is the basis for the bolded besides him just being generally confident?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

anpherknee wrote:
The Logo wrote:
He didn't play as horribly as this thread makes it out to be. I just think that there needs to be a lot less hesitation with shooting off the pop when Russell creates off the PnR. Made some good passes today and did the best he could on the boards against Pau and Aldridge.

(made this pass at least twice)

got several good looks for us again in transition, but people only wanna focus on the one play where he took it in transtion and shot a bad shot out of the probably 10 times he actually pushed the ball

hesitated shooting after rimming out a floater and a 3 but the 3 looked good, probably lowered his confidence a bit and it showed on the fts today

was a too handsy guarding the post, but he was competing, and rebounded well

but i dont know why im even talking about this anymore, it doesn't matter anyway

Yeah, I dunno what was up with his free throws today, just didn't seem to exude a lot of confidence with his jumper today.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

For what?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
I know Julius missed his rookie season, but he was around just like Embiid and my point about Randle is that if you can't learn how to set a screen after 3 seasons under a NBA program and you are a big that can't finish around the basket so you are not going to see the money, but he seems to be someone with the mindset of a superstar and it may be a problem trying to sign him.

So you think he was trying to set screens in a cast? Holy bleep. And again with the computer psychology. That is the kind of garbage we have to put up with here.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I used to aswell and I've cooled down a bit. Although I think not playing for anything, losses piling up has really altered his play and energy. I'am not forgetting the first 20 games of the season where he's looked at times dominant on both ends and coming up with big plays in close games.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

i went to war for dude vs jabari stand on other forums. if he only played as hard as i stanned hed be an all star by now

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Dwarf Nebula
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

I just don't think Randle will be around long. Quite a disappointment. I use to be on the bandwagon and gave him the benefit of the doubt because I'm a Lakers fan and want all our players to succeed. However, he just doesn't pass the eye test. He doesn't look like he is likely to develop into a special player. I say, there is no way he gets an extension unless something drastically changes in his game. IMO, I'm not sure he's as talented as Robinson.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dwarf Nebula
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

For what?

How about a second rounder
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I used to aswell and I've cooled down a bit. Although I think not playing for anything, losses piling up has really altered his play and energy. I'am not forgetting the first 20 games of the season where he's looked at times dominant on both ends and coming up with big plays in close games.

he also had pneumonia just barely more than a month ago

it took me like 3 months to feel completely right and I wasn't playing NBA basketball

I aint eem trying to make excuses for my son, but these are actual factuals that deserve probably 11.7% consideration...at the least give it like 8.2% consideration guise

edit: plz dont quote me before I fix this guise, I've taken 2 L's already today

Last edited by anpherknee on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

so what you saying is that your stan effort wanes from time to time?

sounds like you should understand his struggles then

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

I would like Randle get back to his true dad-strength basketball. If we don't really see the kind of burst that he had to start the season and in January, then that's when I'll likely be done with him. Also why I am pro-starting him the rest of the year. We have to see what we really have in him.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Dwarf Nebula wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

For what?

Wow, he played that bad today?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

good lord what is up with my spelling today

i know its horrible most of the time guise but thats on purpose
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Dwarf Nebula wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

For what?

That better be a joke, because if true, you need to get better ideas.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:

So you think he was trying to set screens in a cast? Holy bleep. And again with the computer psychology. That is the kind of garbage we have to put up with here.

Do you like the screens he sets and his efficiency finishing?
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

JR did have some wtf moments, but overall I dont think he had a bad game. My concern for him is that lately he seems to have trouble fitting in. As of late, looks like JR is getting the ball a lot less to iso and because of that i think its hard for him to impact the game in other areas and even sometimes seems non existent. Out of all the youngins, he has to adjust his game the most. All those things we beg from him, he's probably never had to that till now. I still believe in him, we all know Randle is a hard worker, i just think hes focusing his energy on the wrong things.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dwarf Nebula wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

For what?

Wow, he played that bad today?

No, it's just people overreacting as usual.

When you think about it all the "Trade Randle" talk is silly. If he's as bad as some people claim you wouldn't get much value for him in return. Even all the hand wringing about "His extension is coming up" is silly because it assumes Randle is going to be looking for the biggest payday possible and that the Lakers will be forced to give him as much money as he's asking for.....

Even if you're down on Randle the whole "trade him" stuff is silly. I can almost understand the "Start Nance" people, but trading Randle just for the sake of trading him is a knee jerk fan reaction that we usually see.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

its not brainwashing tho

I think part of the anxiety is the assumption that he would fight to get as much money as he can and might take it as some sort of slight if he doesn't. People seemed convinced that he's some kind of thin skinned dude who doesn't handle criticism well and thinks he's better than he is, and those notions are bleeding into some of the worry about the upcoming contract.

I think he's every bit as capable as JC of taking a deal that is "reasonable" to help the team and ensure he stays here

but nobody knows so we all just out here yammering

I get the feeling that if Randle came out next year and put up 18/11/5 for us that you'd have people complaining cause it meant that he would get paid a bigger contract by us
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 904, 905, 906 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 905 of 1536
Jump to: