The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 943, 944, 945 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I was at the game last night, and my brother looked at me and laughed when this play happened. This is the type of play that drives me absolutely crazy with him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3jKNatjJRgKo8/giphy.gif

this is fixable?!?!
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
akk7 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I was at the game last night, and my brother looked at me and laughed when this play happened. This is the type of play that drives me absolutely crazy with him.

I definitely get it. I remember watching that going what just happened. But isn't that Brewer's fault? Julius is rotating to an open cutting Harkless.

I'm genuinely asking because it looks so dumb, but I get what he was kind of thinking?

It's definitely Brewer's fault to begin with. He's a good example of "confusing activity with achievement", because he does risky, dumb stuff like that all of the time.

That said, Randle is completely unaware of what's going on. If your teammate gambles for a steal, you rotate over to stop the ball. He doesn't even know what's happening until Vonleh's dunking. My concern is that his reaction/awareness is so late, so often, and it has to improve an enormous amount to become competent.

Billy and Stu were giving Randle a lot of flack for that play, but Brewer was just as accountable for that play, trying to make a dumb steal. Randle was unaware of the play, sure, but he was also rotating over to cover Harkless

yaaaaaaaas dont let this "GoldenThroat" character slander my son yaaaaaas
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

He turned his back on the freaking play!
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Randle needs a brain transplant. Someone load this dude up with adderall and stick him in the film room 6 hours a day for the entire offseason.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
Randle needs a brain transplant. Someone load this dude up with adderall and stick him in the film room 6 hours a day for the entire offseason.

I was about to tell this, but I found it a bit too harsh to write about the young dude.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
akk7 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I definitely get it. I remember watching that going what just happened. But isn't that Brewer's fault? Julius is rotating to an open cutting Harkless.

I'm genuinely asking because it looks so dumb, but I get what he was kind of thinking?

It's definitely Brewer's fault to begin with. He's a good example of "confusing activity with achievement", because he does risky, dumb stuff like that all of the time.

That said, Randle is completely unaware of what's going on. If your teammate gambles for a steal, you rotate over to stop the ball. He doesn't even know what's happening until Vonleh's dunking. My concern is that his reaction/awareness is so late, so often, and it has to improve an enormous amount to become competent.

TBQH if Randle just makes the rotations as he's supposed to, and he never really develops an intuitive feel for the defensive side, that's fine by me. I can live with these kinds of breakdowns. I can't live with Russell & Mozgov guarding the 1-5 PnR correctly and the Lakers giving up an alley oop because Randle didn't tag the roll guy.
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

lmao im with you
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

First off, that was Brewer's fault in that gif.

Secondly, nope, he just needs to be consistent. Same guy that made key defensive stops against KAT last game as well as another key block earlier and played locked in defense.

WHAT Randle needs to work on defensively, is his off-ball defensive awareness. That and closeouts are where his weaknesses have been defensively post all-star break.
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

this is fixable?!?!

Idk if I'm not seeing something, but that play looked more like brewers fault than randle. Randle looked like he was trying to cut off I think it was Harkless as he was cutting to the basket.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Jahlius Okafor
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Secondly, nope, he just needs to be consistent. Same guy that made key defensive stops against KAT last game as well as another key block earlier and played locked in defense.

WHAT Randle needs to work on defensively, is his off-ball defensive awareness. That and closeouts are where his weaknesses have been defensively post all-star break.

It was Brewer's fault, which is why I asked the initial question about what Randle should've done.

However, Randle isn't faultless at all in this situation. It should be an instantaneous reaction/common sense to stop the ball in this situation. You force Vonleh to make the play to Harkless.

Ironically Randle usually gets caught ball watching and letting a guy off ball get a clean look. He did the reverse in this situation.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

zoom K083 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

this is fixable?!?!

Idk if I'm not seeing something, but that play looked more like brewers fault than randle. Randle looked like he was trying to cut off I think it was Harkless as he was cutting to the basket.

It's not a question of it not being Brewer's fault. Fault isn't even really what I'm pointing out here, although yes it was primarily his fault.

What I'm pointing out here is that Randle doesn't even know what's happening until Vonleh's dunking. Brewer makes the primary mistake here, but perimeter players get beat on a regular basis, and if your 4 or 5 doesn't even see it until that late it's a problem.
zoom K083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
zoom K083 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

this is fixable?!?!

It's not a question of it not being Brewer's fault. Fault isn't even really what I'm pointing out here, although yes it was primarily his fault.

What I'm pointing out here is that Randle doesn't even know what's happening until Vonleh's dunking. Brewer makes the primary mistake here, but perimeter players get beat on a regular basis, and if your 4 or 5 doesn't even see it until that late it's a problem.

ahh ic. so what would be the best thing for Randle to do? See if Vonleh would throw the pass to Harkless? I guess if he was paying attention to Vonleh randle would have been in position to stop a pass or his drive?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

It was Brewer's fault, which is why I asked the initial question about what Randle should've done.

However, Randle isn't faultless at all in this situation. It should be an instantaneous reaction/common sense to stop the ball in this situation. You force Vonleh to make the play to Harkless.

Ironically Randle usually gets caught ball watching and letting a guy off ball get a clean look. He did the reverse in this situation.

Mainly what Randle needs to work on defensively, is his off-ball defensive awareness and closeouts.

He works on those two things, it will have quite the impact.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Randle with a very Draymond Green like game tonight.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Don't you mean anti Draymond. He was terrible
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

secured the bag baybeh

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I posted that before the 4th. I'll credit Luke "the Tank" Walton for his uninspired play after the 3rd.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

what was that guy yelling at Julius. I thought I heard him yell Julius was finished, I guess implying Jules was going to get traded away but I couldn't make out the rest.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I posted that before the 4th. I'll credit Luke "the Tank" Walton for his uninspired play after the 3rd.

I was in a flight and could watch just the 4th, it was painful.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Julius, because I know you are weak minded and read this message board when you get home after losses like this and go directly to your thread.

You are horrible, please ask the FO to get you off my team in the offseason.

Thanks for reading my love letter, dunce.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Julius, because I know you are weak minded and read this message board when you get home after losses like this and go directly to your thread.

Lol $20 if you say it to his face

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Yes, I'm sure that the first thing that Julius does when he goes home is log onto an obscure message board
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

#myteam
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Man I understand the frustration from fans but do people forget how good he was early in the season? Let's cut him some slack I think all these loses are messing with his head, read his quote early in the season when he told a reporter that he just wants to win... losing sucks for everyone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 943, 944, 945 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 944 of 1536
Jump to: