The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
30 wrote:
Randle already has a budding mid-range jumper, he just did not show it in the SL because his style of play (Attacking the basket) was more effective. But when he did attempt jumpers you could see he already had good form.

LINK

He made 32 of the 50 shots he attempted.

eh 32 out of 50 is kinda bad during a solo practice shootout

His 70% FT shooting gives me hope that he should be capable of developing that aspect as long as he puts in the reps. He'll be unguardable with an adequate 15-18 footer.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
To he critics. He is 19. What did you look like at 19?

Better than i look today, thats for sure

I look better now. #vino
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject:

Even though I like Randle's game alot. I can't give him credit for being a dominant, one-trick pony in the summer league. Also, I don't like his effort on defense or on the boards. For a small forward he is proficient in both those categories. But not as a power forward.

He doesn't have to show me his jumper in game. But I do want to see an increased commitment to the less glamorous parts of the game. Like boxing out on both sides of the court, sealing his man in the paint, off-ball defensive positioning, pick and roll hedging and trapping. I have seen him hustle to loose balls. I appreciate that
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
I would go to Laker games and watch Kwame shoot, yes Kwame. Pre shoot around and he had a great looking jumper and it looked money was money in pregame. In games he would never attempt them, can Julius shoot with defenders he didn't look good in college doing so.

Kwame had a face up game coming into the league. It was always a confidence and mental thing with him. If I recall correctly, he played as a face up PF for a time in Washington before he went into fetal position again.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject:

The coaching staff, when hired, will need to work with Randle on the little things. Some of the areas I noticed that he can improve on are: 1. Follow through on free throws. 2. Box out on Defense. 3. Play under control and stay lower on you drive to the basket. 4. Use the pump fake more under the basket. 5. Be more subtle with the "hook" on the spin to the basket.

If we can get a top notch assistant who's able to work with Randle on similar techniques IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR, it would be great. I'd like him to start forming better habits now. I don't think a big man like Madsen would cut it. Also, the Boozer signing should also help in this area. He's above average when it comes to most of the techniques I mentioned above.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@Schultz_Report

Hearing that Lakers have moved to front of the Eric Bledsoe sign-and-trade line. Suns want Julius Randle + HOU first-rounder.

Looks like we won't see Randle make his debut if this happens
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
Quote:
@Schultz_Report

Hearing that Lakers have moved to front of the Eric Bledsoe sign-and-trade line. Suns want Julius Randle + HOU first-rounder.

I question the FO's sanity if they do something stupid like this particularly when they had the ability to sign him outright. I think it's so pathetic that it has to be a fabricated rumor.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

I don't believe it for a second. With the exception of the Dwight trade, most LA moves have been done in secrecy. No rumors, no talks, just a report that said X player was traded for Y player.

This seems more like a ploy to either raise interest in Bledsoe or raise the trade offers for Bledsoe.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What I absolutely love about Randle is his polite "give me the F'in ball and get the F out" attitude. It's an alpha mentality that will be nice to cultivate once Kobe is gone (and while Kobe is here, perfect guy to learn from).

Yes, he will need refinement in a number of areas, but you can't teach that mentality. I also loved how 2-3 defenders just bounced off him every time. That's going to get him to the foul line a lot. Love the pick.

Absolutely.

While it would be great for him to develop a jumper, he hasn't HAD to shoot a jumper in about 3 games. Make or miss, he gets to the spot he wants to get to. This is the most tell tale sign of whether or not a guy is a stud.

He's the only give me the ball and get the eff outta the way caliber player I've seen this summer. Parker, Wiggins, Exum...he's the ONLY one.

Agreed. That's a thing I look for too, and he's got it in spades.

And he appears to do it by going zero to sixty as fast or faster than any player his size I can remember. He can change direxction doing it too. Finishing hasn't been great all the time and a mid-range jumper would make him almost unguardable. But the basis is there.

I think part of what he's doing out there is by design. They want to see his face up skills, because I think they might think he has a shot at 3.

That is scary to think about for other 3's in the league.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@Schultz_Report

Half a season and knee surgury hasn't changed Bledsoe's value from Reddick/Dudley (while still on rookie scale) to Randle/1st round pick plus a max deal.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

Lakers Rumors Fall Into 1 of 3 categories:

1) Fake rumor spread by agents or other front offices to create a market;
2) Leaked information which, while presented as an ongoing situation, is actually reflective of a deal which a) has already been rejected by both teams (and so both teams have moved on to other pursuits already) and b) a trade scenario which has been dramatically altered when leaked as compared to the actual trade talks which occurred to make one side's offer look more or less valuable for future posturing; or
3) An "insider" report which confirms a deal has been reached already and the trade is immediately officially announced by the Lakers/NBA right after the leaked info comes out.

An example of #1 would be our potential participation in this Bledsoe deal or the recent Rondo rumor. An example of #2 would be the Gasol/Bulls info that came out and kept changing. An example of #3 would be our trades for Gasol, Paul, Nash or Howard.

The Lakers don't release info, they just don't. #3 above is the only one which has merit, and that only happens because the deal is already done and no need for secrecy any more. The other two reflect made up rumors or information which has been altered and, in any case, is no longer current.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
@Schultz_Report

I question the FO's sanity if they do something stupid like this particularly when they had the ability to sign him outright. I think it's so pathetic that it has to be a fabricated rumor.

Probably more revisions of the Mark Willard idea.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

Randle can play the 3 on offense. That's not an issue IMO... he needs to expand his range on his jumper and refine it. I think that will be really easy for him. He would need to improve his ball handling a bit too (to bring the ball up the court at times), but I could see him get there as well. I also think 3s won't be able to guard him, either when he is facing up or when he is on the block.

What makes Randle a 3 or a 4 isn't his offensive talent though, its his defensive ability. Can he guard most 3s in the league? My thought is that he can't, or, at least, he can't do it better than he could guard most 4s in the league. That said, most players these days are hybrids without just one set position. Randle is definitely more of a 3/4 than a 4/5.

If Randle can prove that he can play the 3 spot on both sides of the ball, that's a game changer for both this team and his value. A healthy Randle who can legitimately play the 3 spot both offensively and defensively would have been the first pick in the draft. However, again, call me a bit of a pessimist in that regard.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
@Schultz_Report

Probably more revisions of the Mark Willard idea.

The trade would be more palatable if it was the top 5 lottery protected pick we were trading them. Since we're trading for something we already could've had, so should they.
Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Randle can play the 3 on offense. That's not an issue IMO... he needs to expand his range on his jumper and refine it. I think that will be really easy for him. He would need to improve his ball handling a bit too (to bring the ball up the court at times), but I could see him get there as well. I also think 3s won't be able to guard him, either when he is facing up or when he is on the block.

What makes Randle a 3 or a 4 isn't his offensive talent though, its his defensive ability. Can he guard most 3s in the league? My thought is that he can't, or, at least, he can't do it better than he could guard most 4s in the league. That said, most players these days are hybrids without just one set position. Randle is definitely more of a 3/4 than a 4/5.

If Randle can prove that he can play the 3 spot on both sides of the ball, that's a game changer for both this team and his value. A healthy Randle who can legitimately play the 3 spot both offensively and defensively would have been the first pick in the draft. However, again, call me a bit of a pessimist in that regard.

Right now the way he is built is to guard 4s but if he and Lakers really wanted him to become a 3 he could lose 10lbs and gain more quickness to guard almost all 3s in the league. I dont think he will ever be a defensive stopper at either position but he could be a solid man defender and good at PnR coverage because of his quick feet.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@Schultz_Report

So I guess the front office didn't get pwnd enough with the Nash trade. Now they just want to mortgage the Lakers entire future all together. It is like hey, we can top the Nash trade, how about this? We'll give you Randle (the 7th pick in this years draft) plus give you another 1st round pick (Houston's) in 2015 to go along with our pick (2015) pick that we already sent to you for Nash.

In short:
Lakers sends: Julius Randle, Our 2015 pick, Houstons 2015 pick for half a season Bledsoe

Please bend us over again.

If this happens...

adios

Last edited by LakerLand247 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject:

No way they are trading Randle for Bledsoe. I can't think of a worse trade idea given the cap space they had.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Quote:
@Schultz_Report

So I guess the front office didn't get pwnd enough with the Nash trade. Now they just want to mortgage the Lakers entire future all together. It is like hey, we can top the Nash trade, how about this? We'll give you Randle (the 7th pick in this years draft) plus give you another 1st round pick (Houston's) in 2015 to go along with our pick (2015) pick that we already sent to you for Nash.

In short:
Lakers sends: Julius Randle, Our 2015 pick, Houstons 2015 pick for half a season Bledsoe

If this happens...

adios

Is Jim Buss dumb enough to do this? I get a feeling this is a hoax. Jim can't be that stupid.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

Love Bledsoe's game, but I just don't see this happening. No one seemingly will offer Bledsoe a max deal, so he's going to play out this year and go into FA.

Lakers can just get him next offseason for nothing.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

That Bledsoe rumor is bogus. There's no way that any NBA front office would be that stupid. It's just a fabricated rumor for page clicks. Nothing to see here folks...
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers may have "moved to the front" for Eric Bledsoe but that doesn't mean they're offering Randal and Houston 1st round. Supposedly that's what Phoenix wants. What the Suns want and what the Lakers offer are very different.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
The physics of the guy are astounding, in a speed X mass = force kinda way. The only other player of comparable proportions in the league that can move that quickly with the ball in his hands in the league is LeBron. And the scary thing is that this is his 19 year old body. What's he going to be like at 25?

Golden, I think Melo and Griffin also qualify for the momentum with the ball club....though there may not be anyone else. Maybe Cousins.

I agree. Griffin definitely qualifies:

Man, I see a lot of Blake in Randle after watching that. Not nearly as explosive, but probably just as strong and even quicker. Definitely pretty exciting.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Quote:
@Schultz_Report

In short:

If this happens...

adios

For a guy we didn't even try to sign to an offer sheet. This makes no sense.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

any word on whether Randle is being invited to the USA Select team? Smart and McDermott were invited so they are inviting rookies...I think it would be incredibly helpful for Randle to practice with and against the very best of Team USA.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why people are even entertaining this "report"

does nobody else find it funny that this @Schultz_Report guy is the ONLY person reporting on this Bledsoe to Lakers deal? lol. You mean to tell me this guy is THAT MUCH into the know that NOBODY else knows anything about it or has any updates?

Some people here are so desperate for news that they bite on the first tweet out there disregarding its legitimacy.

It's so ridiculously easy to start a rumor and have people run with it on twitter which'll ultimately leak here.

Jeremy Lin or Steve Nash is your starting point guard for the 2014 - 2015 season. Just. Accept. It lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 104 of 1536
Jump to: