The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1047, 1048, 1049 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWs15I1gZGK/

There are some posts here about how Randle worked hard in prior seasons... not like this. No one can say they've ever seen Randle look like that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
JohnWick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

His body is starting to look like a young 80s Karl Malone but the main aspect I want to see if he improved is his mental game. Has his bball IQ on both ends improved? Improved mobility and endurance will help, hopefully he also watched plenty of film to improve his IQ.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

JohnWick wrote:
His body is starting to look like a young 80s Karl Malone but the main aspect I want to see if he improved is his mental game. Has his bball IQ on both ends improved? Improved mobility and endurance will help, hopefully he also watched plenty of film to improve his IQ.

They are related to some degree. Less fatigue = more mental clarity. Similarly, less fatigue = faster switches, more energy to use on D, etc. KIROE once pointed out to me that many of Randle's defensive lapses were because of fatigue and him not being in deal shape... I didn't believe that at the time, and still don't entirely buy it, but, at the least, there is probably some truth to that.

BBall IQ may actually be a smaller problem than we think. We'll see how much conditioning makes an actual difference.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
JohnWick wrote:

They are related to some degree. Less fatigue = more mental clarity. Similarly, less fatigue = faster switches, more energy to use on D, etc. KIROE once pointed out to me that many of Randle's defensive lapses were because of fatigue and him not being in deal shape... I didn't believe that at the time, and still don't entirely buy it, but, at the least, there is probably some truth to that.

BBall IQ may actually be a smaller problem than we think. We'll see how much conditioning makes an actual difference.

Yeah, I generally don't buy the conditioning excuse. Guy does not even play that many minutes. More likely he is just lazy and does not think that defense is important.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
MJST wrote:

There are some posts here about how Randle worked hard in prior seasons... not like this. No one can say they've ever seen Randle look like that.

I hope he survives this impending Lebron trade. Julius is my guy and poised for a breakout year
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Roon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Obviously the key is keeping the weight off during the season/continuing the good diet - because been 245-250 going into both of his seasons..

His issue wasn't even keeping the weight off, he came into camp every single year weighing less. He just wasn't losing enough weight as fast as he wanted.

His diet being better is a big part of everything, but I'm also convinced they had him doing the wrong types of workouts.

Na Grassfed Tim is awesome, he's on the cutting edge of stuff and also applies all the best fundamentals. He got him down to 245lbs his rookie year.. did you see the pic of him last summer? he was completely trim, and everyone was going crazy over it. Jules said he needs to be more strict w/his diet

I don't believe red meat is the cutting edge of any diet, but I won't belabor that point here.

But like I said previously

245=/=245=/=245

The Champ's 215 is different than a body builder's 215 which are both different than a shot putter's 215 which is different than my Dad's 215(eesh) and everyone above's 215 is different than a running back's 215.

If the Shot putter has always trained like the body builder, but this time he upped the consistency, intensity, frequency etc, then he's coming into his next meet/season whatever in the best shape of his life.

I could lift weights, heavy weights, 2 years straight, sleep perfect, eat great, never miss a day. I would be in the best shape of my life, no doubt. I would look fineeeeee, and if I didn't ever bulk up my calories, I'd keep my size down as well. However, if I try and run a marathon I'm gonna get my ass kicked.

Is this the case with Jules? Maybe, maybe not, but all Jules has done so far is keep improving on things people have said he couldn't improve on.

das a overstatement. He still sucks at those things. And Grassfed Tim is always posting about foods that lower inflammation, innovative workouts, he improved Julius' conditioning and vertical from year 1-2. He's great man, there was a quote from another team's exec, that said Tim was our biggest loss this offseason and we'll miss him.

I think fans of Julius are overreacting to others skepticism that he'll make a big leap this year. I'm just trying to be my own version of rational and realistic, I'm not trying to hate. There's both good and bad precedent that he's set, in each aspect of hopeful improvement...it's not rational for me to be completely optimistic then.

Your takes are rational and always appreciated, especially when I disagree with them.

But looking good Jules:

And he's still got another 2+ months before the season starts.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

There is nothing Julius can do in a weight room that would change my opinion of him. Seeing him in a gym running ball-handling drills with his right hand for hours and hours? Yup. In the gym draining thousands of jumpshots from all areas of the floor every day? Sure.

I know how hard it is to get into that kind of shape, so good for him I guess. As a fan I only care about how that translates to the basketball court. He isn't entering a bodybuilding competition. He's going to have to improve drastically as a basketball player or I think he should be traded. Make or break year.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
There is nothing Julius can do in a weight room that would change my opinion of him. Seeing him in a gym running ball-handling drills with his right hand for hours and hours? Yup. In the gym draining thousands of jumpshots from all areas of the floor every day? Sure.

I know how hard it is to get into that kind of shape, so good for him I guess. As a fan I only care about how that translates to the basketball court. He isn't entering a bodybuilding competition. He's going to have to improve drastically as a basketball player or I think he should be traded. Make or break year.

Some of yall aren't watching Juliius nearly as closely as you should. Julius is constantly dribbling using his right hand. Seriously, look at any highlight vid of Julius and note how often he's handling the ball with his right hand.

His lack of a right hand is overstated, he finishes with this left most of the time out of sheer habit, but even on a lot of those drives he's handling the ball with this right hand and ends up switching to his left to finish.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Roon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Obviously the key is keeping the weight off during the season/continuing the good diet - because been 245-250 going into both of his seasons..

His issue wasn't even keeping the weight off, he came into camp every single year weighing less. He just wasn't losing enough weight as fast as he wanted.

His diet being better is a big part of everything, but I'm also convinced they had him doing the wrong types of workouts.

Na Grassfed Tim is awesome, he's on the cutting edge of stuff and also applies all the best fundamentals. He got him down to 245lbs his rookie year.. did you see the pic of him last summer? he was completely trim, and everyone was going crazy over it. Jules said he needs to be more strict w/his diet

I don't believe red meat is the cutting edge of any diet, but I won't belabor that point here.

But like I said previously

245=/=245=/=245

The Champ's 215 is different than a body builder's 215 which are both different than a shot putter's 215 which is different than my Dad's 215(eesh) and everyone above's 215 is different than a running back's 215.

If the Shot putter has always trained like the body builder, but this time he upped the consistency, intensity, frequency etc, then he's coming into his next meet/season whatever in the best shape of his life.

I could lift weights, heavy weights, 2 years straight, sleep perfect, eat great, never miss a day. I would be in the best shape of my life, no doubt. I would look fineeeeee, and if I didn't ever bulk up my calories, I'd keep my size down as well. However, if I try and run a marathon I'm gonna get my ass kicked.

Is this the case with Jules? Maybe, maybe not, but all Jules has done so far is keep improving on things people have said he couldn't improve on.

das a overstatement. He still sucks at those things. And Grassfed Tim is always posting about foods that lower inflammation, innovative workouts, he improved Julius' conditioning and vertical from year 1-2. He's great man, there was a quote from another team's exec, that said Tim was our biggest loss this offseason and we'll miss him.

I think fans of Julius are overreacting to others skepticism that he'll make a big leap this year. I'm just trying to be my own version of rational and realistic, I'm not trying to hate. There's both good and bad precedent that he's set, in each aspect of hopeful improvement...it's not rational for me to be completely optimistic then.

Your takes are rational and always appreciated, especially when I disagree with them.

But looking good Jules:

And he's still got another 2+ months before the season starts.

Thanks, enjoy your posts too. He def will be in the best shape of his life. I trust him to do that. Also think he's doing everything in his power to shoot the 3ball better. You can't really ask for more, or be disappointed if he doesn't perform like a guy we want to sign to a long term deal.
A decent amount of how much he progresses, is also on Luke, too. He didn't let the kid shoot 3s for 70% of last season, didn't get on him about screening very well, BShaw's defense is poorly conceived....

I'm excited as hell to see him with Lonzo, it'll be fun
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

If you're as invested, you'd have caught the videos already out there

It's out there, all you need to do is look Or keep up with the thread
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
MJST wrote:

I can honestly say I've never seen Randle looking like that.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Following the links I found this, says it's from 2017 so that'd be a week ago?

Not sure if posted already, if so, mods feel free to move or delete as appropriate.

My takeaways:

It's hard to tell if he's bigger or not.

He's playing with Swaggy, seems pretty clear that our FO is ridding the team of the Swaggy crew. So, not sure that's a good thing.

Shot looks good

Jawing with the ref in drew league? Hmm, chip on the shoulder or arrogance, not sure.

Ok, carry on
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Jew leeus gonna prove a lot of people wrong this season.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Following the links I found this, says it's from 2017 so that'd be a week ago?

Not sure if posted already, if so, mods feel free to move or delete as appropriate.

My takeaways:

It's hard to tell if he's bigger or not.

He's playing with Swaggy, seems pretty clear that our FO is ridding the team of the Swaggy crew. So, not sure that's a good thing.

Shot looks good

Jawing with the ref in drew league? Hmm, chip on the shoulder or arrogance, not sure.

Ok, carry on

He's dominating a lot of 6'5" dudes, so hard to tell.

Hope I'm wrong and he can be productive on both ends.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he has a good year so we can trade him for a decent return.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

From 30 min ago:

https://instagram.com/p/BW1ROqElVbC/

There are you happy now? And these and vids like it have been uploaded tons of times from this summer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if u guys heard Ireland a couple of days ago. He mentioned he saw Julius drilling like 20 something 3s in a row. I'm sure it's hyperbole, but I assume Julius was draining them.

Then he asked some assistants who said that's what Julius has been doing. Coming in early and shooting 500 3s then coming back in the afternoon and shooting 500 more.

He asked Luke. And Luke told him: Julius has been hitting his 3s in the gym, but let's see if he can do it in a game.

I like it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I don't know if u guys heard Ireland a couple of days ago. He mentioned he saw Julius drilling like 20 something 3s in a row. I'm sure it's hyperbole, but I assume Julius was draining them.

Then he asked some assistants who said that's what Julius has been doing. Coming in early and shooting 500 3s then coming back in the afternoon and shooting 500 more.

He asked Luke. And Luke told him: Julius has been hitting his 3s in the gym, but let's see if he can do it in a game.

I like it.

Exactly. People are free to have their criticisms of his game, but the lazy one liners when this kid is clearly working on getting better are unecessary
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

I like it.

So Julius has been taking 1000 threes a day. GREAT TO HEAR!!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
MJST wrote:

Interesting!
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

I like it.
now this actually is encouraging.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

I don't care what Randle looks like tbh he better be able to D up and hit a jumpshot.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
I don't care what Randle looks like tbh he better be able to D up and hit a jumpshot.

And hopefully get more than 0.5 blocks per game. Just doesn't seem right paying near max for that. Regardless of his 12 mil cap hold
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
epak wrote:

I like it.

So Julius has been taking 1000 threes a day. GREAT TO HEAR!!

That's exactly what I want to hear about. He needs to be spending a bunch of time on shooting the 3 ball, and finishing with his right hand. Hopefully it's true.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

Randle's fadeaway midrange shots/transition play/swat at the Drew League.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1047, 1048, 1049 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1048 of 1536
Jump to: