The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:

I definitely agree fiendishoc. I think Randle's advantages are marginalized at the 3. He is taken away from the basket guarding SF's so his rebounding numbers decrease. His handle are also not strong enough to create on the wings and also he does not have the range (3pt) to set up as a SF. I like the comparison you made to Griffin a lot.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

is there a highlight mix of all his summer league games combined?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
is there a highlight mix of all his summer league games combined?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Any news if Julius is gonna be playing in the Drew? He mentioned it in his twitter
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject:

30 wrote:
I definitely agree fiendishoc. I think Randle's advantages are marginalized at the 3. He is taken away from the basket guarding SF's so his rebounding numbers decrease. His handle are also not strong enough to create on the wings and also he does not have the range (3pt) to set up as a SF. I like the comparison you made to Griffin a lot.

I think Randle has shown his dribble is good enough to create from the wing but it not consistent enough for anyone to want to move him to sf.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I was just thinking..what if randle has the same problem robinson thomas is having? Both used to dominate becaus e of their superior strengh but once robinson got to the nba he couldnt do it.

They are both the same height and weight but robinson has a much bigger wingspan and is more athletic..umm hopefully randle figures it out
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
I was just thinking..what if randle has the same problem robinson thomas is having? Both used to dominate becaus e of their superior strengh but once robinson got to the nba he couldnt do it.

They are both the same height and weight but robinson has a much bigger wingspan and is more athletic..umm hopefully randle figures it out

thats why we thank god that Randle is so good off the dribble. and his touch in the paint is frickin amazing, too.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
30 wrote:

I think Randle has shown his dribble is good enough to create from the wing but it not consistent enough for anyone to want to move him to sf.
well i dont know about that. now i wouldnt play him at sf. but lets remember beasley plays SF at times. his handle is not as good as randles.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

Robinson wishes he had the footwork Randle has in the post. And the advantage Randle has with the face up game? Not even a comparison offensively. Defensively Robinson is more advanced and has better tools. But he's too much of a liability on offense and his defense is not strong enough to warrant quality minutes.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
30 wrote:

Right. I think that is a better way to phrase it.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
30 wrote:

well i dont know about that. now i wouldnt play him at sf. but lets remember beasley plays SF at times. his handle is not as good as randles.

Beasley could also stroke it from long distance. The combination of not having a 3pt shot and not having a consistent handle is what hinders Randle from being a SF.
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Some highlights

vs. Pelicans:

vs. Warriors:

vs. 76ers:

vs. Nuggets:
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
30 wrote:

Artest's handle wasn't as good as Randle's. Lots aren't. As far as transitioning to the NBA Level it's the strongest part of his game.

Tyreke Evans is an SF who can't shoot a lick btw. It's not a deal breaker.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Earlier in the game, as Randle set up near the top of the free-throw line, Kuzmic put a hand on Randle's right hip. Randle slapped it away.

Kuzmic did it again. Randle slapped it away again.

The next words came from a referee: "Knock it off, both of you!"

Randle, fearless? Indeed.

He has underrated ball handling and passing skills. He's already NBA strong as a 19 yr old. He has excellent finishing touch around the rim. All that is good. But IMO, the above quote is why he'll be great.
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I just wanted to say that I can not wait to see this young man go to work when the season starts.

I am very happy to have a player that wanted to come to the Lakers as much or maybe even more than that Lakers wanted him. Kobe is the only player in my time that I have gotten to see grow with this team and become a man and a legend.

I was hoping to get to see Ariza and Bynum grow with us also but you know how that went. I am hoping we do not trade him in the future because I think he is going to be special but how special I am not sure yet.

To see a big man with skills and being able to dribble and attack the basket while blowing past an opponent is going to be something to see. '

I would love for him to develop a mid-range game over the next few seasons because his ability to drive will always be there.

I am ready for the season and to see Randle become a cornerstone over his career with the Lakers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: You know what would be cool...

If shaq came back to the lakers in an assistant coaching role to Julius randle. Teaches him how to be a dominant player. How to pass to guards block shots and excel on footwork just like how he did when he was playing.

Would be nice to see Lakers and shaq rekindle in that aspect
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Shaq owns the Queens.....

plus Randle's style and Shaq are nothing alike....so there is nothing cool about it...
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I know injuries are apart of the game, but It would have been great to see a prime 20/10 Bynum playing alongside Randle. Will never see it but that would have been a great frontline and made it easier to transition from basketball after Kobe. We're definitely going to have to get a defensive 7'0 C to pair with Randle next year because he has all the tools to be a 20/10 franchise player for a long time.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see Worthy work with him
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Shaq is a great player. Not sure about his coaching. Too much "give it to the big man. Let him dominate. BBQ chicken" analysis for me to take him seriously.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Shaq would be a good mentor for anyone. He doesn't seem to have that kind of personality.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Shaq Lessons:

Day #1: Stop by Winchells on way to training facility and signup for their delivery service.

Day #2: Spend the first hour every morning downing your Winchells delivery whilst coming up with creative ways to slander your team owner.

Day #3: Develop list of excuses to be used on demand as to why you can't keep up with your workouts.

Day #4: Invite your 18 year old teammate to join you at bars around town then laugh at the fact that he can't get in whilst you convince your other teammates that he's a stick in the mud.

Day #5: Amend your Winchells home delivery contract to include daily afternoon deliveries.

Day #6: Learn how to creatively injure your big toe so you can maximise the time you have to sit at home enjoying your Winchell's deliveries.

Day #7: Learn how to build a house whilst standing at the free throw line.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
frack24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject:

we need to develop him into a chris webber or lamar odom type. but lamar would not be a good influence. lol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Would love to see Worthy work with him

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I don't think Shaq would be a good mentor for anyone. He doesn't seem to have that kind of personality.

He is mentoring DMC. DMC took off this year, but I do not know how much of it was Shaq or how much of it was maturity.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 106 of 1536
Jump to: