The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1088, 1089, 1090 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
I totally agree on Lonzo grabbing rebounds, or getting the ball to him as quickly as possible, being our best offense. That's the main reason in fact I don't think Randle is a good transition fit with him. He's too in love with his ballhandling to give it up after rebounds, and not particularly interested in making outlets. I think he passed it behind in transition in the form of kickbacks to Young more than ahead for his assists last season. Of course, maybe he was forced to do that to some extent because everyone he was playing with was so damn slow, as you pointed out in your other article.

I agree with this statement, but Lonzo is kinda transcendent with this ability to elevate a team's passing. I mean did you actually see Vander Blue passing the rock during the SPL games? I never thought I would ever see that, so with Ball, I think anything is possible.

Randle was doing what the coach asked him to do. Simple as that.

Pretty sure there's footage of Luke and even Byron saying they want Julius to push the ball up court as fast as possible after he grabs a rebound.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
Luv randle. Reminds me of a composed Artest (before the rumble).

I just hope that confidence that allows him to irritate and face up with superstars at any time doesn't flow to his $$ expectations.

If he understands no one in the league is paid their full value and fits our cap it will be a miracle.

Not me, Artest was an amazing defender who took pride in shutting people down. Randle can not be bothered to even close out on shooters half the time. Randle has no nasty streak on the defensive end.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
Luv randle. Reminds me of a composed Artest (before the rumble).

I just hope that confidence that allows him to irritate and face up with superstars at any time doesn't flow to his $$ expectations.

If he understands no one in the league is paid their full value and fits our cap it will be a miracle.

Not me, Artest was an amazing defender who took pride in shutting people down. Randle can not be bothered to even close out on shooters half the time. Randle has no nasty streak on the defensive end.

Very diff player from artest, but Randle has shown a nasty side on defense. His problem is consistency. He had some really good stops last season
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject:

There was a picture from media day with Lopez, Randle, BI, Deng & Nance all standing together. Randle seem taller than anyone but Lopez who looked huge. Deng was the smallest. So much for BI being 6'11"
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
There was a picture from media day with Lopez, Randle, BI, Deng & Nance all standing together. Randle seem taller than anyone but Lopez who looked huge. Deng was the smallest. So much for BI being 6'11"
During his interview he said he was just measured at 6'9".
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/912480122371895296

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said it's 'crazy' how strong Julius Randle has gotten this summer, says he's been shooting it really well from 3, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

I think Randle gave some of the best interviews yesterday.....his play thus far has often driven me crazy, but when I hear him speak it's really hard not to root for the guy and hopes he is able to pull together all his talents on a consistent basis
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

Hearing Randle in his interview yesterday with James Worthy say that he watched tons of film in the offseason of team defense and communication makes me very happy. That was his biggest weakness. I think him being in better shape with more gas tank will help those lapses as well. He's got the physical tools to be a perrenial all star.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell‏Verified account @LakersReporter 16m16 minutes ago

Was told Julius Randle, KCP and Kyle Kuzma stood out in a defensive drill late in practice. Big emphasis on defense all morning from Luke.

Quote:
Mike Trudell‏Verified account @LakersReporter 9m9 minutes ago

Lonzo said he wants to keep getting stronger, and could tell why when trying to body up Julius Randle on a drive to the hoop.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Yesterday, as I was losing to Phoenix the entire game in 2K18, I wondered why Ball and Ingram were doing so bad. Ignoring the user timed shooting, I blamed their hard night of partying the night before.

Well, along comes Julius and his wonderful mismatch against every PF in the league and turned a 4th quarter 10 point deficit into a 7 point win. So many boards, so many easy baskets, I wonder if I am all to excited about the wrong players this year.

No body else try this on their 2k, mine is the only one that foretells the future. Currently we are 2-0 with $70 million of cap space coming up in the summer.

They put a lot of money into making 2K18 as real as possible. So, if it works there, it has to portend--well, at least from the perspective of the other NBA teams--what will happen this season.

Randle is a Triple Double Machine in 2k18. It says he's Grade D from 3, but I always at least 50 percent with Randle from 3. And his rebounding, passing, & dunking skills are superb!
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Yesterday, as I was losing to Phoenix the entire game in 2Kxx, I wondered why Ball and Ingram were doing so bad. Ignoring the user timed shooting, I blamed their hard night of partying the night before.

Well, along comes Julius and his wonderful mismatch against every PF in the league and turned a 4th quarter 10 point deficit into a 7 point win. So many boards, so many easy baskets, I wonder if I am all to excited about the wrong players this year.

No body else try this on their 2k, mine is the only one that foretells the future. Currently we are 2-0 with $70 million of cap space coming up in the summer.

They put a lot of money into making 2K18 as real as possible. So, if it works there, it has to portend--well, at least from the perspective of the other NBA teams--what will happen this season.

Randle is a Triple Double Machine in 2k18. It says he's Grade D from 3, but I always at least 50 percent with Randle from 3. And his rebounding, passing, & dunking skills are superb!

Damn, can't we start a new thread for the videogames discussions?

I bleeping hate that when I excitedly read an interesting post and then find out that it's about 2k18

...or even worse on Youtube: frustrating when you discover a video of Brook Lopez having 27 Rebounds und after clicking you'll realize that it's created on a console
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell‏Verified account @LakersReporter

Walton said Julius Randle has been “flying around” defensively. It’s what they’d hoped for at exit interviews, helped by the shape he’s in.

Quote:
Serena Winters‏ @SerenaWinters 3h3 hours ago
More
Luke Walton said said Julius Randle looked 'great' today, looked solid in defensive drills and light on his feet

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers‏Verified account @Lakers 2h2 hours ago
More
🎥: @LakersReporter talks Brook Lopez, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson after the first practice of day 2, presented by @adidasHoops

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/913154141500739585
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Randle has a chance to win MIP if he comes into the season with a new attitude and has a developed shot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/913510140157992960

Julius says his squad lost by one possession both games and he was mad lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Vid of Randle today.

Nice little Dirk step back in there

https://instagram.com/p/BZpZcQRlXze/
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Vid of Randle today.

We have 3 PFs with greattt (bleep) potential
Maybe those stepbacks work now that his jumper is refined, although they are inefficient shots by nature. I'm just envisioning him moving better, stronger, more energized on the court. He's always been strong but he gave up leverage due to fatigue before
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Luke said that Randle’s head is above the rim on dunks this year, looks like he is getting in prime athletically.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Vid of Randle today.

Always funny how they cut the clip short when its a miss. They always show the ball going in on a make.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
Vid of Randle today.

Maybe those stepbacks work now that his jumper is refined, although they are inefficient shots by nature. I'm just envisioning him moving better, stronger, more energized on the court. He's always been strong but he gave up leverage due to fatigue before

Not only do our PF have great potential as players but they also give some of the most articulate interviews on the entire team. Shows me they are not only talented but smart and hard working.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr talks Julius Randle's defense and explosiveness in camp

"We were doing some token defensive rotations and he was hitting the coach with the pad on one side and all the way closed out to the shooter on the other side by the time the ball got passed back," said Nance, Jr. "He was flying around the floor. Looks light (in) the running drills. His head's above the rim dunking."
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170928-randle-nance-improving
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I always forget that Julius missed his whole rookie year with a broken leg. Essentially, this is his 3rd year on the court.

Breakout season will commence starting tonight. Go Julius!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
Vid of Randle today.

Not only do our PF have great potential as players but they also give some of the most articulate interviews on the entire team. Shows me they are not only talented but smart and hard working.

This is true. Love listening to Larry and Jules interviews.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

"We were doing some token defensive rotations and he was hitting the coach with the pad on one side and all the way closed out to the shooter on the other side by the time the ball got passed back," said Nance, Jr. "He was flying around the floor. Looks light (in) the running drills. His head's above the rim dunking."

Nice, getting me stoked for Nance too. Man if he can consistently impose his athleticism, like DB always talks about, and same with Julius, they're gonna be trouble.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
MJST wrote:

Nice, getting me stoked for Nance too. Man if he can consistently impose his athleticism, like DB always talks about, and same with Julius, they're gonna be trouble.

Especially when they run a lineup with Nance and Jules at the same time.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

He just shot an ugly line drive 3. I guess he needs more practice, lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1088, 1089, 1090 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1089 of 1536
Jump to: