The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Next season I see him maybe getting 24mpg, 9ppg, 5rpg, 2apg. That's 13.5, 7.5, 3.0 per 36.

Randle didn't average less than 10ppg in summer league. Yes I know blah blah summer league is not the nba but he has skills. Give him 25min and I can see him average 13-16ppg, 7-9rpg, 2-3apg
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject:

Randle is gonna wreck havoc on the league for years to come..... I thought he was going Top-4 for sure... especially after looking at his youtube highlights....

he's gonna be another Tim Duncan... he's gonna be a superstar from day 1
jjww28
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

I wanna know his weight, and wether he have a jump. It seems that he may play some mins as SF.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

The lakers shoulf have used their connections and gotten randle into team USA. Just so he could see the drive of those guys
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwpARH2CMAAKqx2.jpg

Wow!!! He lost weight. It looks like the Lakers are preparing to give him some minutes at the small forward position. definitely, a Lebronesque physique. I bet Lakers are working on improving his ballhandling and 3 point shooting skills for the 3 position.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

Wow!!! He lost weight. It looks like the Lakers are preparing to give him some minutes at the small forward position. definitely, a Lebronesque physique. I bet Lakers are working on improving his ballhandling and 3 point shooting skills for the 3 position.

sll his life he has played 4. why in the world he will start playing 3? he will get torched on the defensive end pretty bad. offensive end he has no Jump shot outside 15feet

u will F up the spacing pretty bad if u make him 3
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

sll his life he has played 4. why in the world he will start playing 3? he will get torched on the defensive end pretty bad. offensive end he has no Jump shot outside 15feet

From what I saw in summer league, he has the lateral quickness, length (while a bit small at four he is large at three), and strength to guard nba threes. Otoh, they do not have the ability to guard him down low. Thus he can be a mismatch at the position, especially if paired with a four who can spread the floor (like a certain duke grad on the roster).
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

From what I saw in summer league, he has the lateral quickness, length (while a bit small at four he is large at three), and strength to guard nba threes. Otoh, they do not have the ability to guard him down low. Thus he can be a mismatch at the position, especially if paired with a four who can spread the floor (like a certain duke grad on the roster).

Interesting. Very interesting. I still see him coming off the bench in that role though.

Starters
Lin, Kobe, Wesley, Boozer, Hill

Bench
Nash/Clarkson, Swaggy P, Randle, Kelly, Sacre/Davis

Wonder where that'd leave Xavier Henry.

Imagine Randle in the post with Young, Nash/Clarkson, and Kelly sitting out on the perimeter waiting for the kick out! Hm..
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

If Randle is as hard a worker as I believe he is, he will start the season with a much improved perimeter shot. Wouldnt mind experimenting in the preseason with Randle at SF. We already know what Wes can give us anyways.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

If Randle is as hard a worker as I believe he is, he will start the season with a much improved perimeter shot. Wouldnt mind experimenting in the preseason with Randle at SF. We already know what Wes can give us anyways.

i would love to see a combo of davis/kelly/randle/young/nash
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

Interesting. Very interesting. I still see him coming off the bench in that role though.

Starters

Bench

Imagine Randle in the post with Young, Nash/Clarkson, and Kelly sitting out on the perimeter waiting for the kick out! Hm..

Problem is defensively you just put your SF on Kelly and your PF on Randle pretty easily and that's that. No advantages. So you need Kelly to work on a post game and Randle his shot regardless with that combo or Randle isn't really playing the 3.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

Starters

Bench

Problem is defensively you just put your SF on Kelly and your PF on Randle pretty easily and that's that. No advantages. So you need Kelly to work on a post game and Randle his shot regardless with that combo or Randle isn't really playing the 3.

yup i was thinking the same thing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Except Kelly has a decent game down low as well, and a sf can't cover him. But I think that's part if the reason they got boozer. He has an outside shot and obviously can't be guarded by a sf down low.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

And even if you could cover Kelly with a three, it still allows LA to play Kelly and Randle together.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

Starters

Bench

True. But.. I'm talking bench players here.

If that's the case.. then just set Julius up at the elbow and allow him to use his quickness against said power forward. If the power forward is quick enough to keep up with Julius, he's probably not as strong so.. lol.

Ryan Kelly isn't the second coming of Hakeem but it's not like he doesn't know how to utilize his size advantage. Ive seen Ryan take smaller players to the post on several occasions.

Ryan Kelly and Julius Randle imo could easily be interchangeable on offense when it comes to "positions" which is so popular around here.

I am talking about playing against opposing teams bench players though. There's a pretty big difference in starting quality small and power forwards and bench quality small and power forwards.

I mean obviously, what I said wouldn't be the exclusive offense.. I was just suggesting I could see a line-up like that which could end up being effective.
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Vino24 wrote:
Hes sure looking lean af

i would love to see a combo of davis/kelly/randle/young/nash

Why would you love to see that combo when you recently said Randle will get torched on the defensive end and he will F up the spacing pretty bad?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Next season I see him maybe getting 24mpg, 9ppg, 5rpg, 2apg. That's 13.5, 7.5, 3.0 per 36.

Randle didn't average less than 10ppg in summer league. Yes I know blah blah summer league is not the nba but he has skills. Give him 25min and I can see him average 13-16ppg, 7-9rpg, 2-3apg

Those are crazy numbers for only 25 minutes a game. I love Randle, but I doubt he comes close to that.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Those would be good numbers in 28-30 minutes.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Kelly's post game was pretty so-so last season. If Randle can't stretch the floor for Kelly, the D can sag off and pack the paint making life even more difficult in the paint for Kelly and everyone else. Randle simply has to develop a consistent perimeter jumper to pull this off effectively. I don't think he's far from that to be honest, but without that I think the advantages can be countered pretty effectively.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Keep randle at the 4. Does Griffin or love play 3 just because they have some perimeter abilities? His skills are minimized at the 3. He has an above average handle for a 4, but its probably average for a 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
My take on Randle so far is he reminds me of a combination of LO, Z BO and LBJ. LO because the way that he likes to attack the basket from the perimeter and because be is left handed. Z BO because he is around the same size, lefty and isn't a great shot blocker. LBJ because he just kind of resembles him to me man. He kind of has the Lebron older looking face to him and he is muscular built and both probably not too far off in body type at 6-9 250ish and their ability to handle the ball for their size. A 6-9 250 pound muscular built guy handling the ball. Randle just needs to keep working in that jumper. Looked good in high school and looked pretty damn good at laker training facility.

man talk about overrating your own pick.

if he was like 10 times lighter then combination of LO, ZBO + LBJ he would have been the no 1 pick

He should have been the #1 pick, #2 at worst. Thank goodness that didn't happen.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
My take on Randle so far is he reminds me of a combination of LO, Z BO and LBJ. LO because the way that he likes to attack the basket from the perimeter and because be is left handed. Z BO because he is around the same size, lefty and isn't a great shot blocker. LBJ because he just kind of resembles him to me man. He kind of has the Lebron older looking face to him and he is muscular built and both probably not too far off in body type at 6-9 250ish and their ability to handle the ball for their size. A 6-9 250 pound muscular built guy handling the ball. Randle just needs to keep working in that jumper. Looked good in high school and looked pretty damn good at laker training facility.

if he was like 10 times lighter then combination of LO, ZBO + LBJ he would have been the no 1 pick

He should have been the #1 pick, #2 at worst. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

I definitely think by the end of the year Randle will establish himself as a should of been number 1-3 pick ahead of at least wiggins, gordon, exum, smart.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I wonder, what's the reason behind those 6 teams passing up on him? did Randle's agent force those teams to look elsewhere so Randle can fall to the Lakers? or were they worried about his minor foot issues?

and I also get bummed when people compare Randle to Z-Bo.... Randolph has no athletic ability and can't run the floor..... Randle has a chance to be a top-notch big-man in this league and can make a name for the HOF when his career is done.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Because scouts like the measurements and "projections" over now-talent. The funny thing is Randle's wingspan isn't way below average; has grown by 2 inches last 2 years and could still be growing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 118 of 1536
Jump to: