The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

Even if Randle's jumper doesn't really develop this season, he may still be able to space the floor as a "stretch" four. As a defense, you don't really want to let him catch in open space and get a running start towards the hoop.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
He should have been the #1 pick, #2 at worst. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

I wonder, what's the reason behind those 6 teams passing up on him? did Randle's agent force those teams to look elsewhere so Randle can fall to the Lakers? or were they worried about his minor foot issues?

and I also get bummed when people compare Randle to Z-Bo.... Randolph has no athletic ability and can't run the floor..... Randle has a chance to be a top-notch big-man in this league and can make a name for the HOF when his career is done.

Two things people only compare Randle to z-bo because that is the most in identifiable recent comparison because of Randle's size and his ability to use both his size and good post moves to score. Randle really has a unique skillset, it's why I said multiple times that it's stupid to compare him to one or two players. And regarding teams passing him up, it's not like there isn't a history of teams passing up good players in the draft. Both lillard and curry should of been number 1 picks but they weren't and that is only recently talking about the nba draft. Sometimes gms just like fans fall in love with certain attributes of draft picks and focus negatively on other attributes. That's just how the dice falls sometimes, and the lakers benefited because of it just like golden state and portland benefited with their picks.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

It is important to remember some of the guys above him may actually end up better players, we don't know yet. I had him at 4 on my board prior to Embiid's injury. And two guys above him were ranked higher on absolute upside. Parker is the only guy i had as a surefire guy. Lots to choose from in the last draft, no real right or wrong to be known up front.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
My take on Randle so far is he reminds me of a combination of LO, Z BO and LBJ. LO because the way that he likes to attack the basket from the perimeter and because be is left handed. Z BO because he is around the same size, lefty and isn't a great shot blocker. LBJ because he just kind of resembles him to me man. He kind of has the Lebron older looking face to him and he is muscular built and both probably not too far off in body type at 6-9 250ish and their ability to handle the ball for their size. A 6-9 250 pound muscular built guy handling the ball. Randle just needs to keep working in that jumper. Looked good in high school and looked pretty damn good at laker training facility.

man talk about overrating your own pick.

if he was like 10 times lighter then combination of LO, ZBO + LBJ he would have been the no 1 pick

He should have been the #1 pick, #2 at worst. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

Because scouts like the measurements and "projections" over now-talent. The funny thing is Randle's wingspan isn't way below average; has grown by 2 inches last 2 years and could still be growing.

I am absolutely praying that Randle grows at least another inch. It will make finishing in traffic so much easier if he gets another inch or two from his standing reach.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Randles wingspan is the same as Blake Griffin and Kevin Love, has the same vertical as Griffin and is taller than Blake without shoes.

Randle's fine size wise imo. Where he will make his mark is control over his game, raising his defensive IQ and being a little more under control.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I wonder, what's the reason behind those 6 teams passing up on him? did Randle's agent force those teams to look elsewhere so Randle can fall to the Lakers? or were they worried about his minor foot issues?

and I also get bummed when people compare Randle to Z-Bo.... Randolph has no athletic ability and can't run the floor..... Randle has a chance to be a top-notch big-man in this league and can make a name for the HOF when his career is done.

Two things people only compare Randle to z-bo because that is the most in identifiable recent comparison because of Randle's size and his ability to use both his size and good post moves to score. Randle really has a unique skillset, it's why I said multiple times that it's stupid to compare him to one or two players. And regarding teams passing him up, it's not like there isn't a history of teams passing up good players in the draft. Both lillard and curry should of been number 1 picks but they weren't and that is only recently talking about the nba draft. Sometimes gms just like fans fall in love with certain attributes of draft picks and focus negatively on other attributes. That's just how the dice falls sometimes, and the lakers benefited because of it just like golden state and portland benefited with their picks.

If I were to pick one player he resembles most it would have to be Greg Monroe.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject:

mnstrdnk wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not sure if you're joking.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject:

They're both left handed
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
mnstrdnk wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not sure if you're joking.

Both athletic, can run the floor, can play with back to basket but mostly good at driving to the hoop. More him then Z
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Randles wingspan is the same as Blake Griffin and Kevin Love, has the same vertical as Griffin and is taller than Blake without shoes.

Randle's fine size wise imo. Where he will make his mark is control over his game, raising his defensive IQ and being a little more under control.

untrue according to this:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Julius-Randle-6294/
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Blake-Griffin-1268/

and I find it very hard to believe Griffin hasn't improved his hops since those measurements were taken. Even so, it shows that Randle needs the extra steps.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

I can't wait to see the Randle/Griffin battles to come. They match up extremely well against each other. I think as Julius matures he will give Blake the business because J Rock is much tougher.

Ugh I just want to see Randle develop his skills on the court! A 19 yo PF with point forward abilities, a high motor, underrated athleticism, and a post game?? START TRAINING CAMP NOW please!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I can't wait to see the Randle/Griffin battles to come. They match up extremely well against each other. I think as Julius matures he will give Blake the business because J Rock is much tougher.

Ugh I just want to see Randle develop his skills on the court! A 19 yo PF with point forward abilities, a high motor, underrated athleticism, and a post game?? START TRAINING CAMP NOW please!

This. Randle won't back down on Griffin. And it'll be a great matchup for years to come.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

This. Randle won't back down on Griffin. And it'll be a great matchup for years to come.

Yessir!!

Yinoma I can't wait to see JR face up, and then take Griffin to the rack while Blake flops and looks like a major wuss. It will highlight the difference between a Lakers star and a Clipper one
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Yessir!!

Yinoma I can't wait to see JR face up, and then take Griffin to the rack while Blake flops and looks like a major wuss. It will highlight the difference between a Lakers star and a Clipper one

Are you looking forward to seeing him guard Griffin as well?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Yessir!!

Both Randle and Griffin could probably guard each other as well as any player in the league. Their combination of strength/girth and quickness is rare. If they both put in the effort defensively in that 1v1 matchup, they could defend each other well

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Yessir!!

Both Randle and Griffin could probably guard each other as well as any player in the league. Theyre combination of strength/girth and quickness is rare. If they both put in the effort defensively in that 1v1 matchup, they could defend each other well

Exactly. The only diffference being we pretty much know at this point that Griffin is not committed to defense. His idea of defense is flopping. The jury is still out on whether Randle has the mindset to defend. He definitely has the tools
tharealcstylez
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Julius Randle in NBA 2K15

[url=https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/509728591220056064][/url]
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Yessir!!

Yup. May take something time but Randle won't back down from the challenge.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
It is important to remember some of the guys above him may actually end up better players, we don't know yet. I had him at 4 on my board prior to Embiid's injury. And two guys above him were ranked higher on absolute upside. Parker is the only guy i had as a surefire guy. Lots to choose from in the last draft, no real right or wrong to be known up front.

I think Smart is surefire. He's going to be a superstar. I was so pissed that the Celtics picked him one spot above us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Yessir!!

Yes
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Lakers would have picked Smart over Randle.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

I think Smart is surefire. He's going to be a superstar. I was so pissed that the Celtics picked him one spot above us.

The two guys I wanted at our range was smart or Randle. So I'm happy.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject:

We definitely got the guy that most fits our current situation
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
We definitely got the guy that most fits our current situation

yup and I'm not confident in Smart ever becoming an offensive force
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 119 of 1536
Jump to: